Why are you happy right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
I recently built my first guitar at a Sully Guitars build class. Last night, I got a very unexpected phone call from a guitar buddy of mine who invited me to accompany him on a trip where I'll have the opportunity to hang out with my #1 guitar hero in a private setting and get his feedback on the instrument I made. I'm pretty stoked!

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
Back from a three day army rehearsal. It was tough af but so much fun too. It was nice to see all my old friends. + Tomorrow I'm going for a day trip to Estonia once again. :D

Sumsar

Reaction score
So for a long time I have felt like I needed to find a some new music to get into, and so far I had only had failed attempts at finding and getting into bands, however this evening I have been going through a good amount of Belphegor albums on youtube, and I think I found a winner :evil:

Sure the lyrics is a tad too much along the lines of "...SATAN yadda yadda yadda SATAN...", but the music itself is pretty awesome :shred:

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Tonight was absolutely phenomenal!

It's been a long time since I have been to a show where I have really liked every band that hit the stage. Cane Hill crushed. I mean absolutely crushed. Coldrain was amazing to finally see live. (For those who know my avid fascination with the Japanese metal scene, you'll understand why I was so excited to see Coldrain.) Volumes gave it their all with Joe (from Born of Osiris) and turned the whole floor of the venue into a pit (as usual). It was brutal. And Northlane gave one of the best live performances that I've ever seen. So stoked that I finally got to see them live!

Tonight was absolute inspiration. Music this f*cking awesome, like what I witnessed tonight, reminds me of the reason why I keep doing what I am doing, why I keep following my love for music, and it drives me to better myself and better my own music. I feel like the spark is back - like the fire has been relit. Finally, I feel inspiration to go play and write music.

To top it all off, I got to share this fun night with so many friends and familiar faces. It felt good seeing everyone and having a crew of old homies to throw down in the pit with. The absolute icing on the cake. Definitely a night to remember!

flint757

Reaction score
I just experienced the most overt white privilege situation in my entire life. My friend and I were brainstorming for a skit in my truck in front of his house and the neighbor called the police apparently. Police rolls down the street and asked me to roll down my window so I do. He says someone called the police about someone sitting in front of the house and my friend told him he lives in that house right there. Then he just went on his way. I 100 percent guarantee had we been mexican or black that he would have at least ask for some ID to check our story out. Didn't ask us any questions, check for ID, or even search us. We could have literally been casing the neighborhood and he just let us go. :lol:

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
Got a cheap vape setup last night, and it did exactly what I wanted it to do. Low-commitment (and nicotine free) way to see if I enjoyed vaping, and hell yes I do. :D
And the weather was nice this afternoon, which was a much-needed relaxing thing.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
^Don Vito, not to encourage, condone, condemn or entrap, but the guys in the vaping thread (page two of OT threads, iirc..) have discussed that in some earlier pages, and they were quick and helpful with any questions I had. I don't wanna sound judgmental, but personally it's still a better choice than alcohol, and unless I'm mistaken, there are companies (and small/local stores) that make juice without diacetyl, and I'm pretty sure VaporFi has everything checked over by FDA and has reviews/reports.
/derail

More beautiful weather, and today I'm out of a funk/depressed state that I had been stuck in for a week or so. Yesterday was good, but today was better. :D