Why are you happy right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Nov. 30th is my start date, which makes sense considering next week is basically two and a half days worth of working with Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Only one more week of not having a reason to put on pants.
I only do it because it's cold. :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like this should've been posted in the "why are mad right now?" thread then. ;)

:lol:

It's great for about 2 weeks, but when you hit 3 months of not having a reason to put on pants besides faking yourself into thinking you're actually going to do something today - it becomes a curse

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
For the better part of a year, I've been taking Depakote for bipolar disorder, and it's been working, but it had the adverse effect of messing with my guitar playing, the worst of it being my tremolo picking. I had a dr.'s appointment yesterday where the dosage was backed off a bit, and I tried jamming on some Fear Factory songs today, and my playing is back to normal! I'm so stoked it's not even funny. :)

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
There was a massive unannounced software update at work today which rendered our entire system useless for most of the day. Guess who got paid to do nothing all day? :lol:

I do love working for the state sometimes lmao

Also stoked to actually get paid for holidays I have off for once in my life. This is all new to me :lol:

cheosamad21

That kid with the 7
Reaction score
Going on a date for the first time in a year.
How do I look?

12274294_1494085104253957_988927059690494466_n.jpg

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
SMASHING, OL' CHAP!

And I just wrote something wild, in 11/8, for four instruments, and it sounds heavily like Tigran Hamasyan. Though this time, I think I'll say that it's okay. Because I am all over this groove! xD

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Just picked up a new contract that should net me an extra $5k-$8k per month for the next 10 months or so. Pretty stoked....it's easy work.

It's dealing with an overseas account, so I'll basically be working 3pm-12am doing that, plus running support for my own business; P is going to run things for me for the most part, but I'm going to have to help her out a bunch in the beginning...it's not super complicated work, but there are things I can't train her for, she just has to have it happen to know what to do.

I'm gonna be tired as hell for at least the next 4-5 months, but I should have a nice stack of gear by the end of it. I won't have touched any of it except to open the boxes until then, but hey, whaddaya gonna do.

I've already picked out a PRS, a VHT Pittbull UL, a Friedman ASM-12 and a Torpedo Live. Also need another LPC; think I'm gonna go Norlin Silverburst this time...

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
While it's true that no one will likely ever come up to me and exclaim "Oh, Hey! You look like a super happy dude!", I will say that I do at times feel pretty blessed and at peace. I'm genuinely helpful, honest, and decent for the most part. Socially speaking, I would say that I'm a pretty upbeat guy with plenty of off-the-wall comments and unique ideas that others find amusing, interesting, etc.

But... I think that because I've been beat-down pretty bad and generally led a pretty graphic and rough life, that I'm never far from a reality check. That in turn keeps me from ever acting like a total goofball.

So... I ultimately haven't felt inclined to post in this thread. Sucks but in my screwed-up mind I kinda feel like feeling happy will lead to tripping and falling into a pit of subsequent sadness... like I'll somehow be "punished" for feeling good. Pretty messed-up, I know.

Anyway...

For the past few months my anxiety has been pretty elevated and most silliness or contentment has been hard to find besides short bursts here and there. The reason being this:

My fiance and I have been renting a house for quite a while now and although we've been looking at buying a house, there's always one thing or another that prevents us from being able to do so... usually relating to affordability. Regardless of all of that, we've been really content here in this rental home. We have a garage, nice big trees all around, decent neighborhood, plenty of room, and it's VERY close to her job as well as mine ( less than 10 min drive for she and I both). You can't ask for more.

The landlord has been pretty damned good to us and they know that we're good people.... never a single late rent payment and we go up and above anything that would be expected from a tenant. Let's just say that the property and home are VERY meticulously maintained by myself. I have done many repairs, and upgrades over the years... mainly because I like doing those kind of things. It has worked out well for ourselves and the property owner alike.

Unfortunately this year we wound up having to make a couple phone calls to the management company due to a couple of pretty big issues. One resulted in them having to install a new central-air & heat unit and the other resulted in replacement of a water line. Both of which were VERY costly repairs... probably to the tune of $6,000+. :eek:

So... for the past few months we've been really thinking that we're gonna get hammered when it comes time to renew the lease. We just KNEW that they would likely go up on the rent... possibly significantly. We discussed budget strategies along with other possibilities.. which were quite limited due to the fact that most other rental homes in this town are MUCH higher for anything like the one that we are in now.

Well... last week it finally came in the mail... Our lease renewal notice. Oh crap! We just stared at the envelope for what seemed like hours... not wanting to face the potentially bad news. We really had no idea what to expect.

The final part of this rambling TL;DR post is as follows:

Yep... They DID raise the rent. I expected it to be anywhere from about $200-$400 given the expense of the new water line and a/c-heat unit.

So how much did they go up on our rent for the next year?

$25 more per month. So for the first time in a LONG time... I am happy!

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang:

No- I don't expect many people to read something this long from someone that's still a noob on this board, but y'all are all just very cool imo and I wanted to share.

Have a great night, y'all.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Glad to hear it, dude. That's such a relief - housing is always mad stressful..

Absolutely. It really never was hard "back in the day" but I was irresponsible back then and had a real "whatever happens" attitude. Although this house is pretty old and has it's quirks and issues, we really have enjoyed our time here for many reasons. We aren't ready to leave just yet and we certainly have to stick to a budget. This has been SUCH a load off my mind at an already stressful ( and somewhat depressing) time of year.

Thanks sincerely to those that took the time to read all that. Y'all are awesome.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Happy b/c I have an AR15 in route that doesn't require oiling for operation \m/ AND no wife-aggro over getting it \m/

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Finally got around to wiring the juggernaut into my rga321 (only a few months late)

was having all kinds of issues that I couldn't explain so I set it down for a few hours and decided to just open it up and snip a wire or two and see what happens....works fine now and sounds huge :lol:

I'll take it

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Chris Evans and RDJ were on Kimmel, and they debuted the Civil War trailer ahead of it's Star Wars premiere.

It's amazing.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
My older sister and I were talking yesterday about how cool it would be to see Snoop Dogg, and I wake up this morning to find out that she bought us tickets to see him on Dec. 18th in Boise...I have an awesome sister. :)

TechDeathWannabe

Reaction score
LittleBigPlanet. :agreed:
Finally, a child-friendly multiplayer game that I can enjoy, that isn't Lego, skateboarding, or racing.

And call me simple-minded, but Black Ops II local multiplayer is my new favorite activity with my brother/roommate.

Basically I'm happy because I get to play video games again after a long, work-induced hiatus. :D