Why are you happy right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
We had all the programming guys of our little company come to our office to work together today (we're 7 guys spread across 3 cities), and it was a really nice reminder about how great coworkers I have.

Also I repaired our bed yesterday and managed to sleep in it the whole night without it collapsing again :lol:

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
So yeah the last 6 months have been interesting (and also why I haven't been as active here)

I accepted a job as a systems analyst in December after 2 years of client facing audit work. One month into the job I was called into the office of the VP of Client Relations and they asked me if I wanted to become a manager in their department.

So needless to say things have been looking way up and while I've been insanely busy I couldn't be happier with the path that I've been put on. VP by 30 is looking very possible and working for such a large agency as I do I'm just so blessed to be given these chances. Hard work pays off truly.

But yeah, also now have way more disposable income for guitars sooooo :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Saw Meshuggah last night with Black Dahlia Murder opening, and got this close.

AND, when I left, I was still able to hear perfectly fine somehow despite being one row back from the front guard. No clue what they're doing live, but its the perfect combo of tone and ablility to hear it live and loud.

0514192138.jpg

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
OSI MODEL.... GO!

Oh man. It was a 5 question exam, but only required answering 3 questions. Explaining the OSI model and the role of the first 4 layers came up but the second part of that question was all about Go Back N and Stop and Wait ARQ, which I'd totally forgotten. So it got skipped. :lol:

Unfortunately the exam on monday is Automation and Control and I spent so much time concentrating on the Data Comms exam that I neglected revising for this one.

Last edited:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Saw Meshuggah last night with Black Dahlia Murder opening, and got this close.

AND, when I left, I was still able to hear perfectly fine somehow despite being one row back from the front guard. No clue what they're doing live, but its the perfect combo of tone and ablility to hear it live and loud.

View attachment 69378

Low stage volume. That's the trick.

That's why sound techs fight to lower stage volume, so it's not competing with the house.

Live sound PA systems are designed to be heard, and proper ones are tuned to the space. That's what you should be hearing, and hearing at a loud, yet reasonable level. When the stage is roaring they need to boost FOH to absurd levels, which isn't healthy.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
all this dope career development

Congrats dude, I am super happy for you! Sounds like they truly understand the value you bring to the table; always nice to be recognized.
And, you know, guitars. It's why we all work, right? :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Low stage volume. That's the trick.

That's why sound techs fight to lower stage volume, so it's not competing with the house.

Live sound PA systems are designed to be heard, and proper ones are tuned to the space. That's what you should be hearing, and hearing at a loud, yet reasonable level. When the stage is roaring they need to boost FOH to absurd levels, which isn't healthy.

Well more bands need to do it, like, this should be Live Performance 101

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Congrats dude, I am super happy for you! Sounds like they truly understand the value you bring to the table; always nice to be recognized.
And, you know, guitars. It's why we all work, right? :lol:
It's crazy from my prior job I was at for 8 years where I wasn't valued at all to now where I'm actually listened to and now get to develop others and represent our agency while traveling and visiting clients its just a 180 in how respecting your employees and rewarding hard work goes.

But yes guitars, hence why I ordered this Skervesen to celebrate my promotion :lol:

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
the batwoman trailer is hot garbage. reading the comments made me chuckle though.
also Steel Panther are calling their new delay pedal the poontang boomerang

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
Finished my final exam for the year, now just to wait on the results.

Unfortunately I know I've lost out on some marks as according to a colleague, I misread one of the questions. :facepalm: