Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bodes

Reaction score
I put up some tint on our front window at home. Didn't go fantastically well, too hot, possibly not enough solution, doesn't look too good.

My sweet, but an a******e, of a neighbour (2 houses on 1 block of land) basically tells me to do it again, in a c***y way, but her garden looks like shit, she hangs her towels over the fence to dry and her husband's car should never have been registered as it has more rust than paint. So I think I'm just going to not redo it as a f*** you to her.

Maybe I should do her parents in for working cash-in-hand jobs when they stay in the country of visitors visas...?

I hope her friends who park, blocking out joint driveway, feel embarrassed for her.

The tint works at reducing the temperature of our front room.

I'm too nice to say things, as to keep the peace.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Ordered a 3D printer kit, was specifically looking for an American sourced kit. Payment goes through. Email tells me it ships from China, arrives in a month.

Get to unfuck that now, with PayPal to boot. Might slam my dick in a door for some relief later on.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Ordered a 3D printer kit, was specifically looking for an American sourced kit. Payment goes through. Email tells me it ships from China, arrives in a month.

Get to unfuck that now, with PayPal to boot. Might slam my dick in a door for some relief later on.
What printer you going for?

For the sake of your sanity, I hope it's not an Ender 3.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I actually was a moron and while half awake last night I managed to choose the slowest shipping option. It's entirely my own fault, but they helped me upgrade my shipping thankfully.

@BlackMastodon It's a Magic Phoenix kit for a Voron 2.4 350x350mm. I started on a somewhat high dollar (by today's standards) proprietary machine that I had to hack and partially rebuild/reprogram. Chinese in house parts, chinese in house engineering, chinese in house tech support. It was a total shit show and definitely turned me off proprietary printers for good.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Had a weekend that was more work than a typical work week. Back at work Monday morning feeling fuzzy and pissed off. And then the email catch-up from taking Friday off (to run other people around for hospital visits) slams me over the head with shit we should have tested months ago but nobody wanted to. Yup. It's another week.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
My job went from $0 for medical when I signed on, to $50 per month, to $90 per month. Meanwhile, my pay increase last year was about a dollar, and as such, meant I went from getting a tax return to owing money. This is in addition to having more and more responsibility placed on me, because essentially, me and the PM know the most on the team. There are two other managers that aren't nearly as knowledgeable, as well as 3 others on the team, two of which are new and one of which is close to a year on the team and works hard.

All of this, plus the fact we have higher tiers who pile more shit on us because they are either too lazy or can't be bothered to learn to find it themselves.

I'm going to discuss it with my PM To try and get me hired directly to the company rather than subcontracted. If that doesn't occur, then I'll be looking elsewhere.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
My doctor told me no soft cheese years ago but I can't help it... garlic sriracha havarti, herb infused mozzarella, and today I picked up a jalepeno smoked gouda. Thought it might not work but it does and it's delicious.. I'm so weak.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I do not enjoy when random people ask me what my tattoos mean. Not all of them mean something, for one. Some of them are just dumb shit I got because my friend needed the practice, because I thought it was cute, or whatever. The ones that do have meaning, that meaning is complex and deeply personal and doesn't translate well to a casual conversation with a stranger.

Karen from Accounting doesn't actually need or want to know that my stupid tattoo is a reference to a Lil Ugly Mane song, a fact that becomes immediately apparent to her once I tell her, and then we just share an awkward silence in the staff lounge and both come away feeling stupider and respecting each other less. I guess I bring this upon myself, but what happened to minding your own damn business? It's literally never crossed my mind to ask a stranger or coworker what their tattoos mean, and even a close friend only in the right context.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Is it a cup full of Beetlejuice?
it's not even that cool lol, it's an infinity symbol and the word "rave," a reference to the lyric "infinite rave" from a then-nameless track on side three of his three-sided tape. my friend needed to do some portfolio work, and two of the things she needed to do were infinity symbols and lettering. I was really jamming to that track at the time, and that was that. I spent maybe 30 seconds total thinking about it before I got it. it also often provokes people to ask me if I like going to raves, which I do not, at least not in the sense they mean. I don't regret the tattoo, Lil Ugly Mane rules and that track still bops. I get a lot of questions about it though, and the real explanation is pretty much a guaranteed letdown unless the person is familiar with LUM, and even then probably still. So few things in this world are truly worth knowing....

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
My car insurance went up $400/year. I drive an old man car and put under 7.5k on it. Time to shop around or drop a bunch of coverage eughhhhh

I have a feeling some noob mistook my current km odometer reading as miles and assumed I somehow put 45k miles on it in a year. Will call them and hopefully sort it out…

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
My car insurance went up $400/year. I drive an old man car and put under 7.5k on it. Time to shop around or drop a bunch of coverage eughhhhh

I have a feeling some noob mistook my current km odometer reading as miles and assumed I somehow put 45k miles on it in a year. Will call them and hopefully sort it out…
I certainly hope that you're able to bring that premium down or get better coverage/ cost elsewhere. We had to drop our insurer last year b/c they jacked up our homeowners and auto policy over $1000 ( within one cycle... no claims, no tickets). It's gone up in previous years but only minimally. Last years hike convinced us to start shopping and we're glad we did.

Probably not needing to mention but make sure that you closely review ( or take with you if meeting a perspective agent face to face) your current policy so that you know line for line what kind of coverage and amounts their quoting. In our case we actually did better with our new insurer and were able to add or up several items compared to our former insurer.

jaxadam

Reaction score
it's not even that cool lol, it's an infinity symbol and the word "rave," a reference to the lyric "infinite rave" from a then-nameless track on side three of his three-sided tape. my friend needed to do some portfolio work, and two of the things she needed to do were infinity symbols and lettering. I was really jamming to that track at the time, and that was that. I spent maybe 30 seconds total thinking about it before I got it. it also often provokes people to ask me if I like going to raves, which I do not, at least not in the sense they mean. I don't regret the tattoo, Lil Ugly Mane rules and that track still bops. I get a lot of questions about it though, and the real explanation is pretty much a guaranteed letdown unless the person is familiar with LUM, and even then probably still. So few things in this world are truly worth knowing....

I always said if I got a tattoo it’d be “Hopes” drawn out in dashes and “Dreams” with a shattered effect. Dashed hopes and shattered dreams.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Spent 6.5 hours on setting up the Gotoh GE1996T on one of my guitars and the fucking ability to return to pitch is actually worse than the fucking Floyd Rose 1000.

Fuck the Floyd Rose, all guitars with one, and all of the licensed versions, including the Gotoh GE1996T. Trash bridges.

This is all on top of Mojotone not sending fucking wiring for my fucking 412 (they missed something on the first 412 I bought from them as well). This is just not my fucking week.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Spent 6.5 hours on setting up the Gotoh GE1996T on one of my guitars and the fucking ability to return to pitch is actually worse than the fucking Floyd Rose 1000.

Fuck the Floyd Rose, all guitars with one, and all of the licensed versions, including the Gotoh GE1996T. Trash bridges.

Bro you just probably forgot to stretch the strings!

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Bro you just probably forgot to stretch the strings!
I stretched the strings quite a bit while intonation the fucking thing. One side doesn't ride the post like the other side. I'm not sure why it isn't holding to the goddamn posts evenly, but at this point, I'm swapping back to the Floyd Rose 1000 and if I'm lucky, it won't be a fucking pain in the ass nor work worse than it did previously.