Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I've been sick with a sore throat for like a damn week.

I had one yesterday along with congestion, now today its just entirely congestion for better or worse, I think this is the price i paid for flying Spirit Airlines back home

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
The sofa I wrote about yesterday in the FWP thread: I put the cushions on the porch to air a bit yesterday. So I take a peek through the window and I see some small birds flying around - I open the door and see there's stuffing all over the place :wallbash: The fuckers had made holes in two of the cushions and also taken a dump on one of them. And they were outside for maybe 15 minutes! I got most of the stuff back in there and tbh there wasn't much missing, but I had to sow them back together to keep the stuffing from falling out...

I just hate birds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Reason enough to be mad.

Honestly, for the ...$140 or whatever it was with the bag fee, I have no complaints. There was one dude playing music initially who I think just didn't realize his headphones werent connected, and a baby crying due to being a god damn baby + pressure changes, but all in all it was just pretty normal

nightflameauto

Reaction score
About had it with coworkers that can't see reality as it smashes them across the face. Three days of chasing our tails over a total non-issue that was completely fabricated from someone's hindquarters, and now I'm giving someone the facts of an issue and they're coming back to me and saying, "Nope. None of that is true." Well, fuck you, it is true, I have the fucking logs right here.

God damn. I need a different career.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I keep blowing out my eardrums while blowing my nose because of the aforementioned congestion

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I keep blowing out my eardrums while blowing my nose because of the aforementioned congestion
Neti-pot, bro. They suck the first time you use them, but a couple pour-throughs a day if you can get it to work (sometimes you're too plugged up) will get those ears cleaned out. I had to do that for something like three months once after the doctors kept telling me there was nothing wrong but I could feel it built up behind the ear drum. Neti-pot in the morning would get me through the day. Net-pot at evening would get me through the night. It took a while before I could stop using it without clogging right back up. As much as it sucked, it was better than walking around feeling the cotton head vibe and not being able to hear music correctly.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Neti-pot, bro. They suck the first time you use them, but a couple pour-throughs a day if you can get it to work (sometimes you're too plugged up) will get those ears cleaned out. I had to do that for something like three months once after the doctors kept telling me there was nothing wrong but I could feel it built up behind the ear drum. Neti-pot in the morning would get me through the day. Net-pot at evening would get me through the night. It took a while before I could stop using it without clogging right back up. As much as it sucked, it was better than walking around feeling the cotton head vibe and not being able to hear music correctly.

It's not like this happens often, I get sick maybe once a year, and this is just the bill come due; the Neti-pot is still going to cause runny nose which needs blowing, so then I'm back to where I started and finding my ears popping as I do it.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
It's not like this happens often, I get sick maybe once a year, and this is just the bill come due; the Neti-pot is still going to cause runny nose which needs blowing, so then I'm back to where I started and finding my ears popping as I do it.
I've found the opposite for myself. I'm already dripping nasal juice. The neti-pot makes that stop for at least a little while. Granted, you have to learn how to tilt your head to fully dump the water after pouring through. The first time I discovered that was in the bathroom at work. Slightly embarrassing to dump out what appeared to be a half-gallon of water from your nose while you're attempting to tie a shoe in front of dudes washing their hands, but what ya gonna do.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
About had it with coworkers that can't see reality as it smashes them across the face. Three days of chasing our tails over a total non-issue that was completely fabricated from someone's hindquarters, and now I'm giving someone the facts of an issue and they're coming back to me and saying, "Nope. None of that is true." Well, fuck you, it is true, I have the fucking logs right here.

God damn. I need a different career.
Sounds like what I run into multiple times a day. Do you happen to work in healthcare, too? If you don't, don't make the switch to healthcare. Incompetence and lack of common sense is scarily all too common in that field. You'll find yourself questioning why you didn't get out on a daily basis.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I'm mad because we pay an outside IT company a shitload of money every month and the dumb fucks can't even manage an MDM for non-mobile Apple devices and I have to put in 17 help desk tickets every time I get a new employee.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
I'm mad because we pay an outside IT company a shitload of money every month and the dumb fucks can't even manage an MDM for non-mobile Apple devices and I have to put in 17 help desk tickets every time I get a new employee.
That's pretty bad. MDM is such a simple thing. Crazy that's a bottleneck. A lot of outside IT vendors are painful to deal with. They're specialty is trying to pawn off the work to someone else as if it's not their responsibility. Even getting a response is ridiculously time consuming. And this is coming from myself as inhouse healthcare IT that deals with various entities that outsource. Things drag unbelievable long because of that. Things that could easily be knocked out in less than an hour over go on for months because of poorly written and managed protocols yet there's high price tags slapped on all of this. Such a scam.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Sounds like what I run into multiple times a day. Do you happen to work in healthcare, too? If you don't, don't make the switch to healthcare. Incompetence and lack of common sense is scarily all too common in that field. You'll find yourself questioning why you didn't get out on a daily basis.
Not healthcare. Woodworking/manufacturing. It's amazing how life-and-death these people treat it though.

I think the questioning why you didn't get out thing is pretty much universal at this point. Where's my bright workless future? Eff this workin' for other people garbage.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
That's pretty bad. MDM is such a simple thing. Crazy that's a bottleneck. A lot of outside IT vendors are painful to deal with. They're specialty is trying to pawn off the work to someone else as if it's not their responsibility. Even getting a response is ridiculously time consuming. And this is coming from myself as inhouse healthcare IT that deals with various entities that outsource. Things drag unbelievable long because of that. Things that could easily be knocked out in less than an hour over go on for months because of poorly written and managed protocols yet there's high price tags slapped on all of this. Such a scam.
Yeah, we've had 4-5 in-house techs over the last 2 years because they burn out so fast from basically being told to never escalate a ticket. I do understand that doing specialized Apple MDM when you're working with Microsoft management software can be a pain, but they dragged their feet on even starting the project for almost three months (I literally had $13k in iPhones/iPads in boxes in my office the entire time, waiting) and then when they did start it they fucked it up so bad the first few attempts that they just ended up dumping everything onto the the same profile as every other cellular capable mobile device in the company which requires them to manually push apps/updates/settings individually every time a device is added or changes users and they just left it like that. I feel bad for the in-house guys because there is no way any one person would have the bandwidth to handle a 500+ person organization with 13 retail locations on top of about 9 other facilities, a lot of which are managed by people who need weekly password resets, etc.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Yeah, we've had 4-5 in-house techs over the last 2 years because they burn out so fast from basically being told to never escalate a ticket. I do understand that doing specialized Apple MDM when you're working with Microsoft management software can be a pain, but they dragged their feet on even starting the project for almost three months (I literally had $13k in iPhones/iPads in boxes in my office the entire time, waiting) and then when they did start it they fucked it up so bad the first few attempts that they just ended up dumping everything onto the the same profile as every other cellular capable mobile device in the company which requires them to manually push apps/updates/settings individually every time a device is added or changes users and they just left it like that. I feel bad for the in-house guys because there is no way any one person would have the bandwidth to handle a 500+ person organization with 13 retail locations on top of about 9 other facilities, a lot of which are managed by people who need weekly password resets, etc.
That's rough. Skipping MDM profiles sounds dreadful, especially for a higher license count. I couldn't imagine having to take that on afterward. I'm unfortunately a one man crew for multiple locations. I got through the pandemic as one person, which only hurts myself since expectations have remained unrealistically high. Shot myself in the foot for any chance of getting help. Who'd have thunk being efficient is a bad thing? Maybe not bad, but an easy target for taking advantage of. The horror stories I hear and see of other IT makes me realize I'm in the minority for how to handle this field. Excuse me while I wipe the egg off my face lol.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Just got woken up at 12:15 by neighbors absolutely blasting club music out their window. I pay way too much fucking money for this apartment for you to be having a club here. Called security, hopefully they shut it down. Fuck people.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
Just got woken up at 12:15 by neighbors absolutely blasting club music out their window. I pay way too much fucking money for this apartment for you to be having a club here. Called security, hopefully they shut it down. Fuck people.
The absolute worst. My sympathies.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I completely sympathize, but am curious, if it were some of the sickest shredding you ever heard, would you still call security? Because I've questioned myself on this lol

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I completely sympathize, but am curious, if it were some of the sickest shredding you ever heard, would you still call security? Because I've questioned myself on this lol
Yes, because I'm paying like 500 dollars a month above what I absolutely need to in order to live in this low rise, spread out complex in a suburban neighborhood specifically to avoid pounding bass after 10pm. Everyone here agrees to shut the fuck up at 10 by signing the lease and if they want to shred there are plenty of hours between 6am and 10pm to do so.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I'm trying to get winter tires and before spending a bunch of money, I'm doing the diligence to make sure whatever I buy is going to fit - which led me to learning that my cars stock rims have an "offset" (how far off-center the rim is mounted) of 50mm, but most shops (online at least) seem to incorrectly offer rims that are anywhere from 30-45mm offset. So I figured the best thing to do was call the dealer and see if they can confirm if that number matters, or how far off I can be, or if they just have some rims there I can buy, etc.

So I phone them, and the guy on the phone is entirely clueless as to what this offset is. I asked him for the right size rims, and he quotes me the diameter, but nothing else. I asked if he had the rest of the measurement or something - there MUST be more to the description of the rims than that, and he just had no idea. He argued with me that it can't possibly be important because he just sells people what the computer tells him is the right rim and nobody has come back to him about it. I asked him to validate this for me, and he begrudgingly finally agreed to ask around and call me back.

Why are car dealers so clueless about cars? I mean, I think of myself as being clueless about cars, and I easily know more than most dealers I've had to deal with. It's insane. It's their job to know car things.