Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bodes

Reaction score
Middle management....

MM: You need to do these things in this way.
Me: ok. *Does it their way*
MM: why are you doing it this way?
Me: *highlights email and screen shots sections of email attachments*
MM: But that's not what you are supposed to do. I don't know why you it says to do it that way.

Let's just say when they ask me to provide extra paperwork towards mid-year, I am going to show them the above mentioned email exchange and tell them that they can't expect me to do all this extra work, when they themselves can not effectively communicate what they need me to do.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Life.

Oh, and just because I'm researching parts for a 1973 Dodge Challenger doesn't mean I need constant MOPAR ads shoved in my eyeballs, fucking interwebz ad servers. It's a story element, not a god damned buying list. ARGH!

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Life.

Oh, and just because I'm researching parts for a 1973 Dodge Challenger doesn't mean I need constant MOPAR ads shoved in my eyeballs, fucking interwebz ad servers. It's a story element, not a god damned buying list. ARGH!
You've been inducted into Car Bro Douche culture now, sorry. Your affliction t-shirt and restraining order are on the mail.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Edit: Didn't realize there was a more appropriate thread for what I posted. I moved my comment there.

Last edited:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
My neighbour cut down 5 of my trees. I could see if it was in the middle of cutting their own trees, but a) they cut zero of their own trees, b) none of the trees were near their property, and c) none of the trees posed them any inconvenience. Not sure what my next step is, but, without any reason, I have to believe this was vandalism.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
My neighbour cut down 5 of my trees. I could see if it was in the middle of cutting their own trees, but a) they cut zero of their own trees, b) none of the trees were near their property, and c) none of the trees posed them any inconvenience. Not sure what my next step is, but, without any reason, I have to believe this was vandalism.
Start with a lawyer. The police will laugh you off if they're at all like the police around here. Unless you luck out and have a neighbor who happens to be a cop that you share beers with.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Middle management....

MM: You need to do these things in this way.
Me: ok. *Does it their way*
MM: why are you doing it this way?
Me: *highlights email and screen shots sections of email attachments*
MM: But that's not what you are supposed to do. I don't know why you it says to do it that way.

Let's just say when they ask me to provide extra paperwork towards mid-year, I am going to show them the above mentioned email exchange and tell them that they can't expect me to do all this extra work, when they themselves can not effectively communicate what they need me to do.
Fucking knobs.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
How "cut down" are they? Like trimmed up or just a stump?

brector

Reaction score
I would first contact your homeowners ins. and let them know what is going on, then you can call the cops or a lawyer

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
How "cut down" are they? Like trimmed up or just a stump?

Varied. Most are stumps. I tried to attach a photo showing one of them. Some of the trees were smallish maples, there was one big apple tree, all were there when we moved in 15 years ago.20240328_073939.jpg

I'm still waiting for a call back from them explaining what the fuck.

With where they are located, it doesn't seem like they'd have anything to gain by cutting, so maybe there was some miscommunication between them and whatever contractor. The way they seem to be ducking me, who knows?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Varied. Most are stumps. I tried to attach a photo showing one of them. Some of the trees were smallish maples, there was one big apple tree, all were there when we moved in 15 years ago.View attachment 141186

I'm still waiting for a call back from them explaining what the fuck.

With where they are located, it doesn't seem like they'd have anything to gain by cutting, so maybe there was some miscommunication between them and whatever contractor. The way they seem to be ducking me, who knows?
You look like you live in the sticks. This is important because: Do you live in or near a wetland?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
You look like you live in the sticks. This is important because: Do you live in or near a wetland?
Yes in the sticks, but no wetland here. We do have a tree on the property that was declared a protected tree. That one is near the road, though, and is still there.

99% of my property is on a sharp incline.

No power lines go over the cut trees, nor near them.
The trees that were cut had no branches hanging over the road, nor near enough to the road to have mistaken such to be the case.
There is a sewer line somewhere in the rough vicinity of the trees, but it is mine and it is upstream of where the neighbours' sewer tees in (which is also on my property).
The tree nearest the property line that was cut is one of the smallest ones, and is maybe 15-20 feet away from the property line. The farthest one is about 30 feet from that farther away.
The neighbours have several trees on their own property in between where they cut and their structures. Many of those overhang their parking area. None of those have been cut, including one that died about two years ago and half of it fell on my property. I notified them that it fell, heard nothing back, waited 60 days, then moved it back over the property line onto their property (which is their side of a driveway no one uses).
There is no fence between our property. There is a driveway that straddles the property line.

My only thought is maybe they meant to cut their own trees and somehow really fucked the communication with their landscaper and a mistake was made. If that's the case, oh well, I guess. I won't be too angry, but I think they'd have to acknowledge the mistake.

My phone convo with the property manager today was just the property manager refusing to make any comment, to the point where they started walking back on saying they were the property manager after already verbally confirming it.

I can plant more trees, they will eventually grow. All I'm really looking for is some sort of acknowledgement from them that they made a mistake and won't do it again. Whether the mistake is which trees were cut or assuming they could come onto my property without permission is up in the air.

And, for the record, I had already posted "No Tresspassing" signs years ago, due to another series of problems with a different owner of the same property. The company who owns the property now is relatively new.

We only have one other neighbour, and we have never had any issues with them. They've had a few trash cans blow into our yard and they were returned without incident.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I see. If it was a wetland/protected area, they'd be fucked, but it isn't, so I don't know.
‐------------

My favorite taco place on the area is closed, which sucks, but hey! There's still tons of repulsive Toxic Smell for when you need 10 grotesque tacos in a box for far more than they are worth. Yuck.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I quit playing in bands 8 years ago due to band BS and just being sick of it. I’ve missed playing live so I started putting feelers out there and was hit up by a cover band looking for a guitarist. They do all hard rock/metal from the last 30 years and a lot of tunes I dig.

Got the setlist and started learning, jammed with the guitarist and had a great time, then had a full practice where I fucked up *once* after learning 17 songs in about 32 hours time. I’m invited into the band, everyone is all smiles.

Cancel my plans this weekend to learn the rest of the set as my first gig is next month. Went to bed last night having 40 songs learned in under a week, ready to play live and all the tones dialed into my rig.

Get a text this morning informing me their former guitar player rearranged his schedule and they don’t need me. I wasn’t even aware that was on the table.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Get a text this morning informing me their former guitar player rearranged his schedule and they don’t need me. I wasn’t even aware that was on the table.
I'm mad for you. God damn.

People got absolutely no respect for other people's time. I hate putting that much effort into something and right as you start to think the payoff is coming they yank the rug out from under ya.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I'm mad for you. God damn.

People got absolutely no respect for other people's time. I hate putting that much effort into something and right as you start to think the payoff is coming they yank the rug out from under ya.

And the only payoff I was looking for was playing music!

Told the dude it would have been nice to get a heads up that the dude would be coming back and he replied “It’s a pain in the ass keeping a band together”, to which I replied, “No fucking shit if that’s how you communicate dude. This is the EXACT time wasting bullshit that got me to quit playing in bands 8 years ago!”

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Didn't sleep even an hour last night and was surprisingly peppy at work today given the circumstances and it's 8pm and I stil feel like I could run a marathon or something.

Yup, it's a springtime manic episode. :leon:

nightflameauto

Reaction score
And the only payoff I was looking for was playing music!

Told the dude it would have been nice to get a heads up that the dude would be coming back and he replied “It’s a pain in the ass keeping a band together”, to which I replied, “No fucking shit if that’s how you communicate dude. This is the EXACT time wasting bullshit that got me to quit playing in bands 8 years ago!”
Amen. I stopped trying to work with non-established bands about twenty-nope. Thirty years ago because of this shit. I played a few substitute gigs for bands that I already knew the playlist, and even gave that up about a decade and a half ago, because even there I'd get flakes or "never mind." about the time I'd be ready to head out.

I did try one duo arrangement with a friend I'd been buds with long enough I figured it'd work out. That one blew up in my face when we were ready to start booking and I decided that was my last music project involving anyone else. Tough to stay motivated alone, but easier than relying of flakey fuckwads.