Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Amen. I stopped trying to work with non-established bands about twenty-nope. Thirty years ago because of this shit. I played a few substitute gigs for bands that I already knew the playlist, and even gave that up about a decade and a half ago, because even there I'd get flakes or "never mind." about the time I'd be ready to head out.

I did try one duo arrangement with a friend I'd been buds with long enough I figured it'd work out. That one blew up in my face when we were ready to start booking and I decided that was my last music project involving anyone else. Tough to stay motivated alone, but easier than relying of flakey fuckwads.

Hahahahha I only joined because they were already established, over 20 years ago! :lol:

The guitarist told me he’d be down to start something up with me and I not-so-politely declined while telling him I’ll be starting my own project because I can’t fucking deal with people who bullshit and waste time.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
And the only payoff I was looking for was playing music!

Told the dude it would have been nice to get a heads up that the dude would be coming back and he replied “It’s a pain in the ass keeping a band together”, to which I replied, “No fucking shit if that’s how you communicate dude. This is the EXACT time wasting bullshit that got me to quit playing in bands 8 years ago!”
I would've sent them an "alright, cool. Take care." Then I would've lost their number/deleted them from my contacts.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
I would've sent them an "alright, cool. Take care." Then I would've lost their number/deleted them from my contacts.

Oh I’m not deleting that shit, I wanna know who I’m going to send a 🤣 emoji to when this dude flakes out again and they tell me the spot is open.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Oh I’m not deleting that shit, I wanna know who I’m going to send a 🤣 emoji to when this dude flakes out again and they tell me the spot is open.
To be fair, I've gotten kind of used to writing people off when they waste my time, make me feel put out, and/or make commitments, then don't follow through. Had a friend for over ten years that wanted my VHT/Fryette Sig:X, but when I wanted to finally sell it to him, he wanted to "borrow" it, and refused to buy it unless he could.

Yeah, fuck you, bye. I don't think so.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score

Two sides to that coin.... I met this woman years ago while I was bartending (mistake #1 right there), very attractive and very flirtatious, playing Shania Twain and Metallica on the jukebox and singing them to me, needless to say I was smitten. We exchanged numbers and she proceeded to fuck me around (not in a good way) for a few weeks until I saw that her FB page was her posting hawt pics of her at her bartending job, presumably rolling in money from all the thirsty dweebs in her comments. No hate, I respect the hustle, but I deleted her info and moved on.

Couple months later, a random number texts me while I'm on shift asking if a guy I had kicked out of my bar earlier that night for not having ID "can come in with me?" Without even thinking I replied "sorry who's this?" Turned out it was her tryna pull some hot girl shit on me cause she had that thirsty no-ID-having-dweeb paying for all her drinks and cab fares. Flawless accidental Uno reverse card.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Two sides to that coin.... I met this woman years ago while I was bartending (mistake #1 right there), very attractive and very flirtatious, playing Shania Twain and Metallica on the jukebox and singing them to me, needless to say I was smitten. We exchanged numbers and she proceeded to fuck me around (not in a good way) for a few weeks until I saw that her FB page was her posting hawt pics of her at her bartending job, presumably rolling in money from all the thirsty dweebs in her comments. No hate, I respect the hustle, but I deleted her info and moved on.

Couple months later, a random number texts me while I'm on shift asking if a guy I had kicked out of my bar earlier that night for not having ID "can come in with me?" Without even thinking I replied "sorry who's this?" Turned out it was her tryna pull some hot girl shit on me cause she had that thirsty no-ID-having-dweeb paying for all her drinks and cab fares. Flawless accidental Uno reverse card.

When I see certain texts come in, I turn on my Read receipts and don’t reply. :rofl:

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
To be fair, I've gotten kind of used to writing people off when they waste my time, make me feel put out, and/or make commitments, then don't follow through. Had a friend for over ten years that wanted my VHT/Fryette Sig:X, but when I wanted to finally sell it to him, he wanted to "borrow" it, and refused to buy it unless he could.

Yeah, fuck you, bye. I don't think so.

Oh, I’ve got a list of those I’ve left behind, but I generally reserve that stuff for serious offenses. I was over being pissed off by the time I got home from work yesterday and had ready been in discussions about starting something up with others. Easier to just pick up and move on than spending a second further being pissed.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Not sure if mad is the singular feeling here, as I’m anxious, stressed, angry, defeated and all but hopeless.

My job is in jeopardy and I have until April 23 to convince my leadership that I’m still an asset. My dog dislocated her knee and requires surgery to top it off.

Between trying to prepare as if I will be fired from a financial standpoint, working 55+ hour weeks to try and prove I’m an asset to the company and my dog - I’m drained. I’m running on fumes. And I can’t stop because this is the best paying job I’ve ever had, and my location’s market average pay is more than 50% less than what I make currently. I know this too shall pass but it’s killing me. My monthly financial obligations (bills, student loan debt, CC debt, unexpected expenses like a dog surgery), I cannot lose this job.

I’ve lost 10 pounds, completely fatigued, and I can’t take a break.

I just feel so utterly defeated.
Circling back on this -

I’m 2 weeks out from my final meeting with leadership but all signs are pointing to me being able to keep my job. Not out of the woods yet, but I’ve busted my ass the last 6 weeks and the results are definitely there.

I’ll circle back in two weeks once I know for sure.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I fucking whiffed the first roll on a breakfast burrito I made for tomorrow, had to transfer it to a new tortilla which also has some tears in which I didn't notice until too late. Think next time I'm gonna also use smaller chunks of sausage and work it into the eggs; then I can just throw the bacon strips on when rolling and it won't matter.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
My bank changed their site. Now what used to show up immediately upon signing in (and the only fucking thing I cared about) is nowhere to be found. I detest the new site, which is a total nightmare to navigate. Fucking horrible.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
I'm sure there are some of you on here that can ID with this.

You ask nothing of anyone, yet everyone wants something from you constantly. The best is getting a text with a random conversational question about something i.e. "what was that brand of lemonade you said you like?" and as soon as you answer, "hey can you babysit my kid" or "can you come help me install a tile floor"?

I won't get into specifics about what is going on in my life atm, but there are serious problems I have to manage for more people than just myself, and I do not have disposable unpaid time to do anything and everyone who is hitting me up knows this. 👎

Thank you for reading my dear diary.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
I fucking whiffed the first roll on a breakfast burrito I made for tomorrow, had to transfer it to a new tortilla which also has some tears in which I didn't notice until too late. Think next time I'm gonna also use smaller chunks of sausage and work it into the eggs; then I can just throw the bacon strips on when rolling and it won't matter.

I gave up doing the single tortilla mega-stuff. I tend to use 2 tortillas layered about 1/3 over each other now after I nuke them a tad to make them pliable. More often than not, I just fold it like Chipotle folds quesadillas into a pseudo crunchwrap. Ripping a tortilla is maddening.c

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Occasionally, a site I need to log on to will put me into a Psychological Horror Infinite Loop of Captcha hell. Do the 6-12 Crosswalks/Bicycles/Buses/Cars/Motorcycles, click Verify and then I need to rehumanize myself all over again.
There's a thread somewhere here where I went off about that after being stuck in one of those loops. Good times.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Working in a kitchen was instrumental to my burrito-rolling skills. Back then I used to show up on Sunday morning already stoned, stop through the office to top my circle-K coffee off with Bailey's (I was alone on Sundays and the only rooms they didn't have cameras in were the liquor room and the walk-in, so I drank a LOT of their alcohol), then get to work on a mondo breakfast burrito. I think my ultimate stroke of brilliance was wrapping it in what was basically a thin quesadilla, two giant tortillas welded together with cheese. Saturday was prime rib night so I'd always have prime rib leftovers to fill it with. I don't miss that job but I miss being able to cook like that for myself.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I got it better today, although still not perfect by any means, but I think when I cook mine for tomorrow, I'm just going to go back to use the wide skillet and an omlette flash cook vs. low-slow, constantly folding the eggs into themselves method; I'm also now adding cottage cheese to them which makes them a little more moist, which means longer cook time and I don't think they reached that last time either, so I was trying to roll up slop. Even if I end up with a slightly flatter "burrito" it's not that big a deal, I just want to be able to contain all of it.

And at the end of this pack of tortillas, we'll see if I stick with those or go back to my whole-grain split rolls which aren't as high cal/carb as well

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I got it better today, although still not perfect by any means, but I think when I cook mine for tomorrow, I'm just going to go back to use the wide skillet and an omlette flash cook vs. low-slow, constantly folding the eggs into themselves method; I'm also now adding cottage cheese to them which makes them a little more moist, which means longer cook time and I don't think they reached that last time either, so I was trying to roll up slop. Even if I end up with a slightly flatter "burrito" it's not that big a deal, I just want to be able to contain all of it.

And at the end of this pack of tortillas, we'll see if I stick with those or go back to my whole-grain split rolls which aren't as high cal/carb as well

Cook fast on higher heat always gives me the best results with scrambles and omelettes. Too slow and you end up steaming everything and get a bunch of leftover moisture, and in a cast iron the risk of eggs sticking increases massively. I also find more than 2-3 folds breaks up the egg protein matrix and you get a mushy, mealy texture that falls apart. Rather than folding, I usually flip a scramble once in 3-4 sections and then maybe one more flip and kill the heat while the last of the albumin cooks. The operation is somewhere between making pancakes and making a frittata.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
In the ongoing family drama saga: I got yelled at a year ago for offering to help pay for a lawyer, because we needed one at the time. Was told to butt out, it would be handled. Fast forward to this month, and I learn it has not, in fact, been handled, and I have to pay for it anyway. I'm not mad that I paid for it - I'm mad that I was excluded from the process and yelled at for trying to help, just to have to swoop in a year later to rescue the situation. And it's become a pattern.