Why are you mad right now?

• Thread starter Faine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe Michigan will finally fix that freeway as Indiana goes into Michigan that I nicknamed "Interstate Lurch n Burp." Even if you don't get car sick, this will at least make you semi nauseated. It's fine and dandy on the Indiana side, but once you hit Michigan, that freeway is a mess.
Don't worry, it's the exact same scenario on I-75, too. You can always tell when you hit Ohio because the road isn't complete dogshit anymore.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Don't worry, it's the exact same scenario on I-75, too. You can always tell when you hit Ohio because the road isn't complete dogshit anymore.
Dude, this is absolute truth. I live a football toss away from the Michigan border and legitimately, the main road turns into an absolute pot hole hellscape when you cross the border into Michigan.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Shit I would give anything to be 34 again. Those were the days.
32 here. Woke up in the middle of the night from shooting pains around my back and chest, feels like a pulled muscle. Went downstairs at 4:30 to try to sleep on the couch instead of tossing and turning and waking up my partner. Not sure what I did that was so extreme, all we did yesterday afternoon was shop for garden stuff and planted a few fruits/veggies in hanging baskets. Maybe it was the 2 bags of pool salt and metal shelving I bought at the store. Doesn't make for a good story. 50 scares me.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
32 here. Woke up in the middle of the night from shooting pains around my back and chest, feels like a pulled muscle. Went downstairs at 4:30 to try to sleep on the couch instead of tossing and turning and waking up my partner. Not sure what I did that was so extreme, all we did yesterday afternoon was shop for garden stuff and planted a few fruits/veggies in hanging baskets. Maybe it was the 2 bags of pool salt and metal shelving I bought at the store. Doesn't make for a good story. 50 scares me.
With all the physical activity I used to do (farming, long-distance cycling, long-distance jogging) I did pretty good up until mid forties. From there it's been a steady decline into shit.

I once threw my back out so badly I could barely walk by putting on my pants. Yeah, that's right. By putting on my pants.

Got a buddy that threw his back out jerking off laying in a recliner. So, yeah. Bodies suck.

jaxadam

Reaction score

Gardening. That will do it. :yesway:

Don't even ask me how I felt Monday after taking my kids rollerskating Sunday afternoon! My right leg was like holy shit.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
All the talk of "past 30 you become a shambling mess" always kinda weirds me out, because all throughout my 20s I was a gigantic shambling mess, and I only started getting into something resembling decent shape when I approached 30s. So I never got to have a time of my life "in my prime". My 20s were wasted as a fat guy, and in my 30s, I'm in this weird balance of being more active than I ever was, but still suffering the consequences of having never properly taken care of myself up to this point. I'd like to believe it's just an arbitrary number, and you get what you put into it.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Right around that age is when things like bad posture, smoking, drinking, high blood pressure, etc. start to make their impacts. My posture is pretty awful from, well, playing guitar. I think among this crowd you'll easily find some bad backs for that reason alone. Factor in the other high costs of low living and things add up against us very quickly. If you're wondering when the best time to head these things off is, it was yesterday, the second best time is now.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I'm 37 and I've been taking better care of my body (and putting more into my musical skills) in the last 5 years than I ever have. I spent my 20s being a low-achieving slob, which I think is a lot more common than people tend to admit. I see guys my age who just kept riding that train, though, and it's not a pleasant look.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dealing with a gd ingrown toenail. Fuck. I'd really like to ride my bmx around the gd neighborhood.

Last edited:

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I spotted an S5527 on Reverb, and just about jumped 'cause I've been keeping an eye out for one of these - on closer inspection, it's not an S5527 at all. It's a 6-string something or other with a similar finish. :(

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I spotted an S5527 on Reverb, and just about jumped 'cause I've been keeping an eye out for one of these - on closer inspection, it's not an S5527 at all. It's a 6-string something or other with a similar finish. :(

Sounds like an S5470 in TKS (Trans Black Sunburst) finish, AKA the pinnacle of the S series

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Very possible. The photo was so awful it's hard to identify it. It was very clearly a 6-er though. IbanezRules had a 5527 a while back, but wouldn't ship it to me because of the cites thing. Some day I'll find another one.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I apparently get to enjoy the fun time of going through my DVDs and blu rays to wipe and clean off the residue in the cases and off the discs, particularly with my box sets. Whatever fucking chemical they use in the process that off gases onto the surface of the cases and then onto the discs is annoying.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
was planning on tripping balls today but I've got some upper respiratory crud and don't think I'd have a very nice time. oh well, summer's almost here.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
was planning on tripping balls today but I've got some upper respiratory crud and don't think I'd have a very nice time. oh well, summer's almost here.
I ended up drinking an amerikano for breakfast, a quart of strong sun tea with my yard work, and then my roommate brought me another amerikano so I guess I'm going places one way or another

Latest posts