Why are you sad right now?

• Thread starter Alex Kenivel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I decided I was biking in to work. Rain ain't gonna stop me.

Taking a walk in the rain is actually absurdly comfy. Come to think of it, I think I probably get out more when it's rainy than when it's bright out.

Right up there with night hikes. Seriously, if you guys haven't taken a 4 hour hike starting at 11pm, you're really missing out.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Whiskey Cavalier got canceled. I'm kind of bummed because it's actually pretty fun to watch. It had a good mix of solid action and violence with humor/drama.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I jist remembered that Mnemic and The Human Abstract are still on hiatus :(

I liked this post, but I don't like this.
Especially since THA isn't "on hiatus" so much as they're """""on hiatus""""

Could be worse though, I guess. Could be a Necrophagist guy.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I liked this post, but I don't like this.
Especially since THA isn't "on hiatus" so much as they're """""on hiatus""""

Could be worse though, I guess. Could be a Necrophagist guy.
yeah THA is dead, just like necro.:(
I guess I'll just keep spinning Allegaeon and Augury to sate my lust for classical inspired tech death

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
I'm sort of sad right now because I'm trying hard to break into the shoebiz. I've been feeling like a heel as of late. I better stop loafing around and make an appointment soon with Dr. Martin.:sick:

;>)/

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
We were supposed to fly to Gdansk today and had everything planned and packed and all that, but then at the airport we didn't pay enough attention to the boarding times and missed our flight :( And the next flight would've been tommorow and cost a fortune.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Had a long weekend because of Canada Day. I tried to host a party at my place and while it didn't go "badly" per se, it didn't really feel like it went well either. Everyone was just completely plastered way too early, so I feel like I sort of checked out of my own party really early and missed all of the social bits that are kind of the point of a party. Then everyone was gone pretty early this morning leaving me in that weird post-party half-asleep slightly-hung-over way-too-quiet pensive and a bit lonely kind of mode. A sort of just general sadness and sense of not knowing what to do with myself for the day. So that's a thing.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
First world problem but sad also... wife and I getting ready to go have our credit drug thru the mud in order to discover how unappealing we look on paper as first home buyers. Yea!

G_3_3_k_

Probably diddling an Oni
Reaction score
Wrecked my VW last night. I love that car. Can't really afford the wreck either. Pretty disheartening...

Demiurge

Reaction score
First world problem but sad also... wife and I getting ready to go have our credit drug thru the mud in order to discover how unappealing we look on paper as first home buyers. Yea!

Congratulations- you'll be non-sarcastically excited soon enough. As long as you remember that the bank pre-approve you for way more than you can afford, you'll do fine.

I just finalized my pre-approval today. Not my first, but it might as well be: last time was before the real-estate bubble and I got a letter after a 15-minute call. This time, the pre-process was lengthier than the last's application process.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Congratulations- you'll be non-sarcastically excited soon enough. As long as you remember that the bank pre-approve you for way more than you can afford, you'll do fine.

I just finalized my pre-approval today. Not my first, but it might as well be: last time was before the real-estate bubble and I got a letter after a 15-minute call. This time, the pre-process was lengthier than the last's application process.

Thanks, man. I'm really happy with the mortgage co that we're going thru. We tried to do this a year ago with a different lender and things didn't go well. This time around we're declaring more income and looking at homes that are considerably less expensive. But I dunno... I told my wife not to get too excited cause we're still poor no matter how you slice it lol. We'll know tomorrow where we stand but boy oh boy... lotta hoops for us to start jumping thru if we do wind up getting appvd.

Btw- Congratulations! Home buying is not for the faint at heart lol.

Demiurge

Reaction score
^Thanks. Definitely not for the faint of heart. After we finished preparing our own place to sell- which was an enormous undertaking- the realization was that the easy part was over.

The prospect of closing both sides of the sale on the same day (how our lender wants it) is going to be quite the undertaking. Luckily, we only have a condo's worth of shit to move to a house.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
^Thanks. Definitely not for the faint of heart. After we finished preparing our own place to sell- which was an enormous undertaking- the realization was that the easy part was over.

The prospect of closing both sides of the sale on the same day (how our lender wants it) is going to be quite the undertaking. Luckily, we only have a condo's worth of shit to move to a house.

I guess I can understand that. Although exhausting in regards to effort, preparing your home to sell is something that you're maybe able to do more at your own pace and in your own way ( to some degree). Yeah... simultaneously closing on two properties seems quite daunting to say the least. At least in our case, we are renting so we don't have any of that to deal with. I truly hope that everything goes well... Best of luck!

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
My girlfriend leaves for Korea on August 9th to teach English for a year, while I'm incredibly proud of her for the things she has accomplished I can't help but feel hollow and an overwhelming sense of dread. We have been together for 8 years and I'm not worried about our relationship per se, just that at almost 40 years old I didn't think I'd have a long distance relationship to contend with.
I know people do this stuff all the time and it works and people make it work, I get all that. I still feel all this horrible shit though.

On top of that my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 weeks ago and is having her double mastectomy July 31st.

Its just a lot to have to deal with right now.