You guys know this site has a NEW chatroom, right?

• Thread starter Grand Moff Tim
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Yes, yes, I know. I made a "there's a chatroom" thread fairly recently.

Well, when SSO was busy continuously sh!tting the bed for two or three days straight, a few of us chat regulars hopped over to an SSO chat on Discord, and kinda just never left. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So if you've been wondering why there hasn't been anyone in the SSO chat for a couple weeks, it's because we're all in a chatroom on another site. However, being the magnanimous Grand Moff that I am, I decided to make a new thread directing people to the chatroom we've been using.

Without further ado, I humbly command you to chat it up in here:

https://discord.gg/0q4DzRWQsoWKmHyf

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
...and with the new sweeping changes coming to SSO, this might be even more timely than I had planned. This chat might be the only place to interact with quite a few of us, since axing all the OT subforums kills any reason most of us have to come here anymore.

stevexc

Reaction score
Seriously guys this new chat is awesome. THERE'S VOICE CHANNELS. AND A DESKTOP APP. AND IT CAN DISPLAY THE GAME YOU'RE PLAYING. AND EMBEDDED IMAGES. AND DICK JOKES. AND PEOPLE TALKING .... ABOUT BEVELS.

Oh and because Tim's link probably expired here's a new one. Or just PM me.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Logged in under my actual name. Ohhh you'll know me when you see me on there. My asshole-ishness transcends forums and chatrooms. :lol:

estabon37

Melodica Attack!
Reaction score
...and with the new sweeping changes coming to SSO, this might be even more timely than I had planned. This chat might be the only place to interact with quite a few of us, since axing all the OT subforums kills any reason most of us have to come here anymore.

Sweeping whatnow? I've been busy lately ...

[furiously clicks around the site; finds this]

What the actual fuck?! 90% of my participation in this site is P&CE, specifically because it's a really well balanced sub-forum. There is (usually) a level of civility and level-headedness (not to mention spelling and grammar) that is extremely difficult to find elsewhere on the internet. It works because it's a sub-forum that holds and enforces a higher standard of communication than most sites, including other sub-forums on this site.

I don't want to imply that most users that hang out in 'off-topic' are incapable of meeting or maintaining that standard, but broader rules for a broader range of conversations is going to make it tricky for the moderators to ... well, moderate. OT is supposed to be a shit-slinging space of craziness, and P&CE is supposed to be a shit-slinging space of (semi-)rational conversation. IT'S HOW THE WORLD WORKS!

My world is changing and I don't like it.

Why won't those kids get off my lawn?

I ... ... I need an adult.

EDIT: Oh, right. This thread is about a chat room. 2001 called, they want their space-age technology back (says the guy on a forum). Kids won't get off my fucking lawn.

EDIT EDIT: I don't use chat rooms because I'm never awake when most of you lot are awake. Real-time conversations render me all but incapable of participating.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
EDIT EDIT: I don't use chat rooms because I'm never awake when most of you lot are awake. Real-time conversations render me all but incapable of participating.

I'm far closer to you time zone-wise than I am to most of the people on SSO. We manage somehow, though there are plenty of dead hours for me.

ferret

Reaction score
Tim gets mopey if no one talks to him. Come cheer him up.

Don Vito

Reaction score
finally we switched to something that leet hackers and ....posters on 4chan use

ferret

Reaction score
Much chat, much guitar, much metal, much... video games.

ferret

Reaction score
Chat lives and thrives on your contributions! Give today!