Your favorite 6 string neck?

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gclef

Reaction score
Warmorh 59 roundback
ibanez super wizard? (99 rg520qs)
Carvin holdsworth

My new favorite is whatever comes on the rg 921 premium.

It feels like a little beefier super wizard.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
The neck that is on my Ibanez RG370MH! (The 'MH' stands for Mahogany body).
Problem is, I don't know what it is!:wallbash: Pretty sure it's not a Wizard III as it's a one piece maple neck. There's not much info about the RG370MH. I bought the guitar in 2002 and apparentely they only made 300 of them. I'd really like to know what it is cos it feels great!
Anyone got any ideas what it might be?
I'm gonna say probably the wizard II

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
The best so far has to be the Jackson DK2. Thin but not too thin so it has something to hold on to & that compound radius is heaven. Noone can beat that..........& I mean noone.
My LTD MH 400 is similar, very nice. A mix of rhythm chunkiness & lightning shred thin.
Now I finally own an Ibanez, I can appreciate the wafer thinness but the board is a little too flat for this to win.
There's loads more i'd like to try but once again, Jackson is king.

areyna21

Reaction score
My 91' esp horizon neck not sure the name but man is it comfy. It is thin but not flat like a wizard more of a rounded thin neck. I can play for long periods of time and my hands never get any fatigue playing that neck.

spilla

Reaction score
How do you guys like the ibanez wizard profiles?

I like the Wizard 3 for fretwork between 1-12th frets... any higher any i like the Wizard 2. Not sure why but leads up there just feel more comfortable. But if i had to choose one ibby neck id go the Wizard 3? Lead work is still comfy and there is good thumb placement on the D shape.

Tried a LTD Deluxe that had a Thin-U. Was very nice too, could easily switch between all three?!

RevelGTR

Reaction score
The old USA made peavey hp special, those things were awesome!

guidothepimmp

Reaction score
Charvel necks.. particularly the model series, san dimas and promods ..

The rolling of the fretboard is biffworthy

AxeHappy

Reaction score
The original Wizard profile on my 1990 S540LTD is hands down the best guitar neck my hands have ever touched.