[Youtube] Ultra-heavy Meshuggah/Rammstein song covered with TIL8

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Hehe, this is cool :) I heard this cover quite a while ago. Few songs can actually claim to sound like pure evil. Benzin is one of them!

Also, thank you for setting the precident to make it "okay" to use picture in picture :lol: this solves my problem of not having a foot switch and writing my guitar parts for 3 or 4 guitarists. Bahaha.

PS how much would I have to pay you to sleep with your guitar...

Setting the precident? What does that mean? I'm only a stupid norwegian, you know.

I can sleep with your guitars if you want? Just send them over here, oh, and add some of your talent too, I'll sleep with anything! :)

BTW! I ordered your 'Imperium Vorago' in october, but I never got it! The stupid norwegian doesn't know what to do now:scratch: And I need that album!

Well, I supported the artist at least, haha. I have the transfer in my paypal history :rolleyes:

Coobanez

Reaction score
THAT is fucking Badass. Great work man! :yesway::metal:
I want an mp3 version of this, just to listen to on my ipod. I'm assuming the origin remix of their's they don't down tune to D, that's what interests me mostly :lol:
Can you help a brotha out?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
holy crap, that was awesome

also lels @ flobby flob flobby bit

ok i have to watch this again

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
THAT is fucking Badass. Great work man! :yesway::metal:
I want an mp3 version of this, just to listen to on my ipod. I'm assuming the origin remix of their's they don't down tune to D, that's what interests me mostly :lol:
Can you help a brotha out?

Thanks. The original rammstain song isn't that low, but the meshuggah version is tuned down. All I do is overdubbing the guitars of meshuggah :)

I can send the mp3 to you, just give me your email.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
haha, low D madness :lol:

it still sounded incredibly good for what i had expected when i first read it on the vid.

i also really like the tone you pulled out of the Axe-FX.

good work, man :yesway:

chimp_spanner

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Setting the precident? What does that mean? I'm only a stupid norwegian, you know.

I can sleep with your guitars if you want? Just send them over here, oh, and add some of your talent too, I'll sleep with anything! :)

BTW! I ordered your 'Imperium Vorago' in october, but I never got it! The stupid norwegian doesn't know what to do now:scratch: And I need that album!

Well, I supported the artist at least, haha. I have the transfer in my paypal history :rolleyes:

Hey man! Yeah setting the precident is to kinda...set an acceptable standard or thing. Basically means it's now cool for me to do it ;)

Also I got your PM but I figured I'd reply on here too! There's no way it should take that long - a week at the most. But I'm almost positive I remember personally taking that one up to the post office so PM me your full name and address and I'll get it sorted out for you when I get home on Monday!

:)

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
That was ok, I was kinda excited when I thought someone was covering the original, even though its just the Meshuggah cover its ok. The original was far cooler and heavier though, someone needs to get on covering that.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Hey man! Yeah setting the precident is to kinda...set an acceptable standard or thing. Basically means it's now cool for me to do it ;)

Also I got your PM but I figured I'd reply on here too! There's no way it should take that long - a week at the most. But I'm almost positive I remember personally taking that one up to the post office so PM me your full name and address and I'll get it sorted out for you when I get home on Monday!

:)

Haha, have it ever not been ok with picture in picture?

Thanks! My theory is that someone took a listen and realized how awesome it was :squint:

That was ok, I was kinda excited when I thought someone was covering the original, even though its just the Meshuggah cover its ok. The original was far cooler and heavier though, someone needs to get on covering that.

So you think the Rammstein version was heavier?

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
So you think the Rammstein version was heavier?

I think Rammstein are heavier than 99% of metal bands. "Heavy" to me doesnt nessacarily mean super low tuned guitars, or blasting drums. Hell, I don't even consider most death metal all that heavy (barring Morbid Angel :hbang:). A lot of Jazz fusion is heavier than metal imo, a lot of people don't see it like that, but then a lot of people have a very limited view of what is "heavy".

In the early 90s it was low tuned guitars and blasting drum beats. In the late 00s it seems to be even lower tuned guitars and polyrhythms pass for heavy these days. Not with me, it doesn't wash!

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
I disagree :) First listening to the original then the meshuggah version right after makes rammstein seem like a toy imo.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i think lower tuned notes have this whole other sound that i love alot. it´s not that it sounds "brootal" or whatever, it just has this feel that really appeals to me.

the tone and timbre of looow notes just speaks to my musical side. doesen´t matter if the music is heavy or not, i actually plan to make funky/rocky kind of songs in f# and drop F/E tuning, and most of my songs will probably be more emotional in nature, and not straight-out brutal (except for the ones that will be :p)

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. Playing the same riff in a higher and lower tuning makes the lower one almost always sound better imo. I also like the loose feel of the strings :)

demolisher

Reaction score
I could listen to low F through lundgrens all fucking day. and i do in fact.

THE SHUGGGGGGGGG

Latest posts