[Youtube] Ultra-heavy Meshuggah/Rammstein song covered with TIL8

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
It's built by Jesse Hall aka The Illustrated Luthier. I don't know what happened to his webpage, but you can see some of his work on myspace.com/theillustratedluthier.
I've heard he's taking a break from building, but I'm not sure...?

Anyone know something about that on here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
$3400 Luckily the dollar was really low when I bought it, and I smuggled it into the country, so I payed just a little bit more than what a ESP standard goes for over here :)

I was absolutely blown away the first time I opened the case! It looks killer, couldn't be happier with the look. Almost perfect. There's one thing though. The neck is pretty heavy and the body pretty light, so it feels like it's going to tip over. It's not that bad, and not really a problem, but I'm picky, haha.

And I'm wearing off the oil some places where I have my hand, which sucks a bit, but some battle scars can be cool too :p He had to send it to another guy to do a gloss finish, and I ahd already been waiting a year for it so I couldn't wait any longer, hehe. Love the oil finish though :)

DarkKnight369

Schecter Whore
Reaction score
A wee bit out of my price range! Well, I have ever spent over $1K for a guitar. Kind of hard to justify it right now in my life when its just a hobby. Someday, I would like a custom.

Regardless, you guitar gives me wood.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
It's only a hobby for me too. But I'm going to keep this the rest of my life so I think it's worth it, you know. I wouldn't do it if it weren't for the dollar being so low though. I'm very happy I ordered it at the time I did!

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Amazing as usual. Curious to know which song you're covering next. I'll be waitin'!

A wee bit out of my price range! Well, I have ever spent over $1K for a guitar. Kind of hard to justify it right now in my life when its just a hobby. Someday, I would like a custom.

Regardless, you guitar gives me wood.

Hi dave! :wavey:

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
^It's going to be cataclysm children by Dimmu Borgir. Hehe, cataclysm children, they totally stole my screen name!

And it's going to be the last cover...

...last cover in a while at least. Going to make originals instead :)

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
^It's going to be cataclysm children by Dimmu Borgir. Hehe, cataclysm children, they totally stole my screen name!

And it's going to be the last cover...

...last cover in a while at least. Going to make originals instead :)

Awesome, can't wait to hear the originals though.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
bravo michael, that kicked ass.

i know a norweigan guy and he has a saying, "you can always tell a norweigan, you just cant tell them much" :lol:

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
^Thanks!

Hmmm... Must be a very wise saying cause I didn't get it, haha.