Zimbloth's Halloween Show Pic Story (56k? You're in Sasha Mitchell's Entourage.)

• Thread starter zimbloth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
KT88s > Girlies

:noplease: I like guitars and amps and such but if it was that blond or a VHT. Well there are lots of amps out there.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
Cool pics all in all. Covered all the bases: gear, chicks, good times.
that BR looks bigger than i thought it would be.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cool pics all in all. Covered all the bases: gear, chicks, good times.
that BR looks bigger than i thought it would be.

You mean my guitar? Funny, when I first got it, I was surprised at how relatively small it was, my KxK V7 was much bigger. It certainly has some size to it. I love it, plays and sounds go good, I've been almost moved to tears :lol:

Prometheus

Oh no, no you don't!
Reaction score
Man, maybe I'm retarded, but I'm still not entirely sure how one sits down with a V and have it actually play comfortably. That being said.... JESUS, would I kill for a custom V! :D
Nice guitar, dude, looks killer!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Man, maybe I'm retarded, but I'm still not entirely sure how one sits down with a V and have it actually play comfortably. That being said.... JESUS, would I kill for a custom V! :D
Nice guitar, dude, looks killer!

V's sitting down are the most comfortable guitars on Earth my friend. Reason being, they naturally sit up in the classical position, making playing absolutely effortless. They don't dig into your body at all, you just rest it on your right leg.

Prometheus

Oh no, no you don't!
Reaction score
Does that apply to the ESP Alexi Laiho models as well? Haven't played any V's in about 5 years, except this Laiho model recently. The nice one, as well. Man. It was just really, really uncomfortable. I couldn't get it to feel right. My IQ is above 50, so it was fairly embarrassing that I couldn't get it into a decent position. Maybe I should go try it again, it's a good excuse! :hbang:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Does that apply to the ESP Alexi Laiho models as well? Haven't played any V's in about 5 years, except this Laiho model recently. The nice one, as well. Man. It was just really, really uncomfortable. I couldn't get it to feel right. My IQ is above 50, so it was fairly embarrassing that I couldn't get it into a decent position. Maybe I should go try it again, it's a good excuse! :hbang:

I haven't played the Alexi, but the Jackson Rhoads is a pure joy to play sitting down. It really shouldn't be a problem, just make sure you've got it in the right position and that your strap is set properly.

Nick

Reaction score
i find V's to be horrible to play sitting down.

Iv played the ESP SV model many times which is actually just a better version of the Alexi ESP model. My friend owns one its a great guitar to play standing up but sitting down i cant deal with it. I never tried tightening the strap mind you.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
i find V's to be horrible to play sitting down.

Iv played the ESP SV model many times which is actually just a better version of the Alexi ESP model. My friend owns one its a great guitar to play standing up but sitting down i cant deal with it. I never tried tightening the strap mind you.

You guys have to be doing something terribly wrong for it to be uncomfortable sitting down. Again, it should naturally prop up to the classical position which makes playing effortless. The culprit probably is how the strap is setup and/or how you're holding it.

Nick

Reaction score
to be honest i dont like the classical possition compared to sitting one of my strat shaped guitars on my knee. The only guitar i have a problem with playing in that position is a les paul and thats because at 6'6 im too big for the cutaway to fit round my knee!!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, so be it. They're plenty comfortable to me - sitting or standing. Talk about off topic :lol: