Zimbloth's Halloween Show Pic Story (56k? You're in Sasha Mitchell's Entourage.)

• Thread starter zimbloth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
You mean my guitar? Funny, when I first got it, I was surprised at how relatively small it was, my KxK V7 was much bigger.

:agreed:

The angle of the V is wider, making it look larger than it really is. The KxK V7 I have is the exact same body as Nick's old one, and it is absolutely massive.

FWIW: Gallery

Go two thirds of the way down.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
V's sitting down are the most comfortable guitars on Earth my friend. Reason being, they naturally sit up in the classical position, making playing absolutely effortless. They don't dig into your body at all, you just rest it on your right leg.

I'd like to qualify that by saying it forces you to sit properly. V's are NOT lounge around on the couch guitars. The wings get all kinds of in the way if you don't sit up.

Now, if you're sitting on an armless chair and recoridng, they stay put. No strap required, no shifting around. If you're slumped back on the couch in front of the TV, only a Strat shape will do.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
to be honest i dont like the classical possition compared to sitting one of my strat shaped guitars on my knee. The only guitar i have a problem with playing in that position is a les paul and thats because at 6'6 im too big for the cutaway to fit round my knee!!

That is the problem. You MUST play a V in classical position. Strats suck in this position. Unfortunately, in non-classical position, you really can't comfortably pick or nail higher register notes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:agreed: to all of the above.

Cool I didn't know my old guitar was up there, the neck on that thing was amazing.