ZOMG MY CAPS LOCK!!! HOW DOES IT WORK!!!! (Ibanez 2228 inside)

• Thread starter vampiregenocide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
How are you going to tune it? Also, the DiMarzio D-Activator 8s are audible SEX. I kind of wanted one of these, but I always wonder whether or not I can get the tension I want on a low E w/o getting like an 80 gauge string. Then again this has the fixed locking bridge so I can cut the ball end off.. Dammit I'm stupid... :lol:

sell2792

Reaction score
I don't think you'll go wrong with Bareknuckles, Lundgrens, DiMarzio's, or even Blackouts, depending how much you want to drop into this.
Everyone seems to love the EMG X's, maybe you should consider that route? I've been told they sound better than the 18 volt modded standards.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
im lovin mine to pieces, second only to my green dot! what are you tunin to? i also really like that dali painting in the last pic, one of my faves \m/

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I tried the 6 string D-Activators and didn't like them at all. I've not been wowed by any Dimarzios that I've heard. I've tried a few Schecters with Blackouts in, and I don't think they're that much better than the EMGs. A bit tighter, but not much. The EMGs sound nicer on a clean channel too imo. I have heard good things about the EMG-Xs, but I figure if I'm going to get new pickups I'll most likely get Lundgrens to see how they are, if not then a set of bareknuckles, either a painkiller or warpig in the neck and a coldsweat in the bridge.

I'm currently tuning to F standard, though I may end up going to drop Eb.

sell2792

Reaction score
The D-Activator 8's are supposed to sound alot different than the D-Activator 6's and 7's. Their's a thread on here somewhere about em', but I guess basically they just didn't have another name for em'.

That's surprising that you don't like the SD Blackouts over standard EMGs, as most people, me included, seem to.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The D-Activator 8's are supposed to sound alot different than the D-Activator 6's and 7's. Their's a thread on here somewhere about em', but I guess basically they just didn't have another name for em'.

That's surprising that you don't like the SD Blackouts over standard EMGs, as most people, me included, seem to.

If I only had a choice between EMGs and Blackouts, I'd go for BO because they are a bit tighter, but not significantly enough for me to want them given a choice against say Bareknuckle.

Yeah I have heard the D-8s are a different sounding pickup, I'd have to try em though. Dimarzio's have never blown me away.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Beautiful dude, if I ever decide to give an eight a second chance, it will definitely be an RG2228

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Thanks for helping my GAS mate...

I wanna give one of these a good go at the moment, id be tempted to put the 808X in...

Happy NGD, bastard :D

Diggy

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice man.. August cannot come soon enough for me! Its ordered and I'm :hbang:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
:lol: Basswood I'm fine with, and I like EMG 81/60s, but 808s are fail imo. I'm not Chimp Spanner so I can't work them like he does.