7 Sevens

• Thread starter Mark 7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
nyck said:
...So which one is your favorite?

The HRG. Nothing else I have (6 or 7) plays or sounds as nice. It's just one of those guitars.

nikt said:
I wrote by mistake "my" in place of "me"...sorry for that :p

Dude - sorry about that. I thought you thought it was one you had & sold the way you wrote it.

Chris said:
Don't feel like a douche man. We LOVE pics here. :D

Beautiful collection. :yesway:

Thanks bro. I just get into so much gear trouble and there's no one here that appreciates it (other than band mates), so it's nice to share with others who know this stuff.

:hbang: I deem this site true and have administered my pics.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Impressive collection. 7 sevens all very nice, I really really like the natural finish one with the hardtail, that is sweet. :yesway:

IMG_0861.jpg

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Man that RG7CST is just perfect. I need one.

jtm45

Reaction score
You would think that those Ikebe HRG's would be the ideal 7 for Ibanez to introduce into their worldwide market. It would be perfect and i'm pretty sure they would sell loads of them.
If they released it in the finishes that Ikebe have them in (SOL,TKF,VLF+BLF) and maybe even offered it with a trem or a hardtail (i'd be quite happy with just the hardtail version,as is) it would be a fine addition to their range.
It's not like it's too expensive or too particular in it's appeal for the mass-market like most of the Ikebe specials they do.
If they could keep the price the same as Ikebe are selling it it would be cheaper (in the UK at least) than the current RG1527 and i'd go for the HRG over the 1527 without a second thought.

I think i'll wait to see if there's any news of a new model 7 (that i like)at the next NAMM show (i'm not getting my hopes up though)and if not i'll have to hope Ikebe still have some of those left so i can order one.

Beeeeautiful Guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:agreed:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
jtm45 said:
You would think that those Ikebe HRG's would be the ideal 7 for Ibanez to introduce into their worldwide market. It would be perfect and i'm pretty sure they would sell loads of them.
:agreed:

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
I loooooooove your guitars! Arg, I wish I had moneys.

P.S. Where would one purchase an RG7CST or that trans-black RG7 with the vines?! :D

jtm45

Reaction score
tehk said:
P.S. Where would one purchase an RG7CST or that trans-black RG7 with the vines?! :D

RG7CST's were only made as a limited small quantity run so the only way you can get one is to buy a used one and they don't come up for sale very often (and they tend to be quite pricey when they do).

Mark got the black/vine RG7 from Ikebe-Gakki in Japan. It's an exclusive model made specifically for them only.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I have eight sevens myself, but they are no where near as nice as yours (except my BCR, but it get's no respect here :( )

As for the tuning and the bridge angle, just use the bostjan trem-block trick. Block the trem between the trem block and the bridgemost side of the cavity so that the trem sits at the angle you want, then tune to the desired tuning, and tighten the springs carefully until the block falls out on its own, then carefully loosen the springs one eighth of a turn and retune. Voila, trem angle set perfectly with little to no effort. If you get really good at this trick, you'll be able to do a full set-up on your guitar in twenty minutes. ;)

Oguz286

Reaction score
Holy shit, thats nice man! I'm gonna use it as my background :D (or maybe i'll keep my Sol Niger Within wallpaper :lol:)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mark 7 said:

You know, that's an absurdly nice assortment of axes there, but even having a pretty good idea of what some of those things cost, my favorite is the natural finish fixed bridge RG7 - is that the HRG, or is the HRG the black with the vine? Either way, that thing calls attention to itself in a very subtle, understated way, and just begs to be picked up and played. If it had an XL scale, I'd say that and not a C7 would be next on my hit list. :wub:

Now, that said, that's a phenominal collection of guitars, dude - even the "cheapest" one of them, the 7321, has a growing reputation around here as a kickass player/project guitar. Nice! :D

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
You know, that's an absurdly nice assortment of axes there, but even having a pretty good idea of what some of those things cost, my favorite is the natural finish fixed bridge RG7 - is that the HRG, or is the HRG the black with the vine? Either way, that thing calls attention to itself in a very subtle, understated way, and just begs to be picked up and played. If it had an XL scale, I'd say that and not a C7 would be next on my hit list. :wub:

Now, that said, that's a phenominal collection of guitars, dude - even the "cheapest" one of them, the 7321, has a growing reputation around here as a kickass player/project guitar. Nice! :D

Thanks man! I do appreciate the comments on these and believe me I'm very thankful to have owned these (and other) guitars - I never take it for granted.

You know the thing about the SOL is that in person, the grain has a flame to it that gets hidden with a gloss finish, but shines when it's a natural oiled finish. And the creme BC & AN7 (your suggestion BTW) go a long way to make it stand out.

They are both HRG (Hoshino rock guitar) which I believe is Ikebe's special handle for the customs made specially for them. One is a J-Custom (HRG4-BX the vine inlay) which has JC features like angled jack, inset knobs and limited number (15 I think) and the other is a limited production run that is a Prestige model with Prestige features and has four different finishes to choose from.

I spelled out the cost of these birds as it relates to shipping and bank wire fees but it must be a no-no as that information in a previous post was deleted (sorry if that was wrong). My point was that for the cost and how popular this model seems around here, why not get yourself one? It's every bit of the guitar you think it is and then some :yesway:

I am LOVING the JP7 BTW :metal:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mark 7 said:
I spelled out the cost of these birds as it relates to shipping and bank wire fees but it must be a no-no as that information in a previous post was deleted (sorry if that was wrong). My point was that for the cost and how popular this model seems around here, why not get yourself one? It's every bit of the guitar you think it is and then some :yesway:

If someone X'd it, it wasn't me, but considering what one of those JC HRG's go for, I don't necessarily blame whoever did. :lol:

Anyway, I think this is what they call an "enabler" in AA. :lol: I agree, that thing begs for cream pickups, and it totally brings it to life. I'll gladly take it off your hands if you ever need to sell the thing - as for importing my own... Maybe. A C7 Hellraiser is probably next simply for the longer scale, but at the same time I am a sucker for a nice natural grain finish...