7 Sevens

• Thread starter Mark 7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jtm45

Reaction score
Hey Mark7!
A serious question for you.

All your trem-equipped Ibanez guitars, with the exception of the HRG4-BX, have Lo-Pro7 trems right?
How do you find the Edge-Pro7 on the G4 compares to the Lo-Pro's (in all honesty)?
I've only had one guitar with an Edge-Pro and that was a 6 (RG1570) and i really didn't like it. I mean i didn't like the whole guitar but the trem was one of my main dislikes.

I've kinda' steered-clear of anything with an Edge-Pro ever since and i've been really fancying one of the '06 RG1527's but i don't want to end up with a guitar that i have to block the trem on.

I'd be grateful for your opinion on this matter.
Cheers dude.:metal:

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
I have not had any problem with it at all. The only real difference is the lack of a set screw in the trem posts as they have on the LoPro and Edge series so that it is locked into the threads. There have been concerns that this is a step backward (and there is a way to use the old posts a la Rich Harris) but the only other EP7 I had was on my old 8127 and I had no problems with that one either as far as tuning stability goes. Other than that there is really no difference IMO. Other than those squirrely red plastic string ball holders whatever the fuck they do - I have the ball ends at the tuners to save winding, so they're inconsequential to me.

The other nice thing about the JC's is the back cover plates are brushed aluminum :yesway:

jtm45

Reaction score
Thanks Mark:yesway:

I'm torn between a 1527 and taking the plunge and ordering one of those HRGsol's from Ikebe.
If both guitars were already in the UK there'd be absolutely no choice,the HRG would be mine,but by the time i've added shipping and money transfer charge and then the UK fuckin' Customs will hit me for another 20% for Tax and shit.:scratch:
How much did you say the shipping and bank fee cost you on top of the actual price?

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
None of us seems to know what the hell happened to the post you're missing Mark. :lol: Feel free to repost it, we'll just blame Steve since he's the "new guy" on the team. :agreed:

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Chris! I'm starting to wonder if I posted it at all, but I thought for sure I did :scratch:

Ibanez / HRG7 Custom SOL 95,048JPY
Shipping Cost 16,200JPY
Bank commission 2,500JPY
International commission 4,752JPY

TOTAL COST 118,500JPY
+ $35 USD for my bank's fee = $1037 USD

Ibanez / HRG4-BX 283,810JPY
Shipping Cost 16,200JPY
Bank commission 2,500JPY
International commission 14,191JPY

TOTAL COST 316,701JPY

+ $35 USD for my bank's fee = $2,889 USD

I will not post what I paid for the NOS CST so that Nikt doesn't hang himself :wavey:

I mentioned before they were very good to deal with in all three transaction I've had with them - anyone should be comfortable with any transaction you do to be sure.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
Mark 7 said:
I will not post what I paid for the NOS CST so that Nikt doesn't hang himself :wavey:

I know for how much it was listed so adding all You wrote, only thing I can do is :rant: :wallbash: :scream:

Good to see someone is happy with it in our ss.org family :wavey: but remember whose first in line if You will want to sell it someday (and don't say that you will never do it ,cuz Drew was talling the same)

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
gentelman we have new number ONE in our top 5 gear whorage list!!!

:) thanks once again for those reviews.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Well, I just wanted to chime in with my appreciation for an extremely nice collection of sevens... I LOVE gear pics!!! my favourite is the HRG7 (SOL) - it simply has to be:

P8090008.jpg

Moreover, I'd also like to share my Ikebe experience with you guys. After getting the e-mail address for Ikebes international sales rep from Mark 7, it was all smooth sailing:

I ordered on Monday, did the bank transfer on Tuesday, Ikebe received the transfer on Thursday, my HRG7 was shipped on Friday, spent the weekend in Danish customs and finally arrived with me on Tuesday. In other words: very quick, efficient and easy... and I'll do it again muahahaha :hbang:

Due to the EU's trading agreement with Japan (or lack thereof), my guitar ended up being about 200$ more than Mark 7's (that's what happens if your guitar spends a weekend in customs) - but still it's cheaper than a bog standard RG1527 around these parts!!!

Cheers and update your pics as the next 7 comes in... should be in abou a weeks time or so :lol:

Eske

YngwieReid

Reaction score
The 2nd guitar in to the left is probably my favorite there!

You have a wonderful collection!!!

~AJ. Reid

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome collection. I love those HRG4-BXs. How does the HRG SOL compare to say the 7321? I've considered getting something from the HRG line, just not the SOL finish, so I'm curious.

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
technomancer said:
Awesome collection. I love those HRG4-BXs. How does the HRG SOL compare to say the 7321? I've considered getting something from the HRG line, just not the SOL finish, so I'm curious.

Prestige neck with more attention paid to details, better fretwork, cosmo hardware & finish options.

It's nice.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Yup, that's about the size of it... Excluding customs and Danish VAT, my guitar was just over 1000$ - ORDER FROM JAPAN PEOPLE!!!

Cheers

Eske

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT.

YOU ORDERED A CUSTOM 7 FROM JAPAN, & AFTER SHIPPING COSTS & CUSTOMS DUTIES, YOU PAID BARELY OVER 1k?:scratch:

Yes he did, although it's not a 'custom' it's a Prestige model only available from Ikebbe-Gakki. To the US it'd be even cheaper as the import duty is only 9% give or take if I recall from getting my RG8670. Those fixed bridge HRGs are not that expensive :)