7 Sevens

• Thread starter Mark 7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
Well someone asked me last week for pics of my 7's. I always feel like a douche doing this, but I can't help sharing. One of these things is not like the other...

IMG_0861.jpg

Finally deviated from Ibanez and got me a EBMM JP7 loaded, piezo, inlays, candy red (I think). Played it for about 3 hours yesterday getting used to it and it's very nice. I do need to find something on setting these up with the locking Sperzel type tuners. Anyone know where this info can be had? I mean, you pull the string to tension and lock it down on the back? Looks like fun to balance the bridge to level :ugh: I'm so fucking Ibanized - I know those things enough to set up in my sleep. Oh - and I have to laugh that the 5/2 tuners are seriously fucking with my head as I think when I'm going to tune like the G string it's really the A as I'm going three in from the end (you other seasoned EBMM JP guys have to know what I'm talking about) Pic:

IMG_0866.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
heh two things are not like the others, the EBMM, and the korean made RG7321 :lol:

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Stringing the JP is the easiest thing in the world. Simply pull the string through taut, making sure that the hole is lined up with the string, and then simply bend the string 90 degrees away from the center of the headstock. Tighten the locking tuner, cut off the excess, then tune. Voila!

Oh BTW nice collection!

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Jeeeeeeeez! Now that's a killer collection! Thanks for sharing! :hbang:

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
Stringing the JP is the easiest thing in the world. Simply pull the string through taut, making sure that the hole is lined up with the string, and then simply bend the string 90 degrees away from the center of the headstock. Tighten the locking tuner, cut off the excess, then tune. Voila!

OK sir - fair enough. But should the bridge sit level with the body when set up correctly (looks like it should) because I need to drop it to Eb tuning.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Mark 7 said:
OK sir - fair enough. But should the bridge sit level with the body when set up correctly (looks like it should) because I need to drop it to Eb tuning.
Yes, and as far as action adjustment goes, you can either raise or lower the bridge, or use the individual saddles, depending on how well the saddles were set up initially.

jtm45

Reaction score
Very nice picture of an extremely nice collection Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one of those RG7CSD1's with the twin EMG707's right ?
I fell in love with that model the first time i ever saw a picture of it.
They did another one if i remember correctly (the CSD2?) with a 27" scale-length and Dimarzio H/S/H set-up and a fixed bridge.

The CSD1 is a by far the nicer guitar of the two i think (not keen on 27" jobs).They look unusual also because they have the 2 tone and 2 volume knobs.

That HRG7sol is absolutely fuckin' gorgeous too. I really want one of those very badly!!!!
They're all stunning but those are the two i'd like the most (please,lol).
Did you buy the CSD1 from Ikebe too?
Was it expensive (if you don't mind me asking that is)?

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
jtm45 said:
Did you buy the CSD1 from Ikebe too?
Was it expensive (if you don't mind me asking that is)?

Thanks for the props!

Nope - Ishibashi about 2 years ago. It was about $750 I think.

jtm45

Reaction score
Mark 7 said:
It was about $750 I think.

Shit man!
That's not a lot of cash for that much guitar.
It's probably not the sort of thing that you'll see around on ebay much either.

If you ever see a used one of those ANYWHERE let me know!

I've seen a couple of the RG6CSD2's on ebay but i'm not really interested in a 27" scale 6 string.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow man, a phenominal array of Ibby 7's, topped off with a sweet MMJP7...you lucky dog. :hbang: You have every right to be proud of that batch.