8-string players, be afraid: Musiclab RealEight 8-string guitar Vsti

Reaction score
Since there's no virtual instruments forum, I felt this is the best place where I should post this. What do you guys think?

Real_Eight.jpg

MusicLab - Info

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

that short guy

Reaction score
also i think this might be a really good thing. It'd allow people in your band that don't play guitar like the drummer or keyboard player to write guitar pay ideas to bring to the grip in the same way that i do for the drums

BigHandy

Reaction score
$149, Huh???

I'm better stick to the idea of getting a real "real" one...

DancingCloseToU

Reaction score
I actually like the way the lead/solo stuff sounds, but the lows sound gross and mushy. It muddles up the whole composition. Moreover, it's going to make it really easy for people to make some stuff thats simply impossible to actually play. Superior for guitars... :2c:

I kinda like how fake and punchy the drums sound in the demo too :shrug:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
also i think this might be a really good thing. It'd allow people in your band that don't play guitar like the drummer or keyboard player to write guitar pay ideas to bring to the grip in the same way that i do for the drums

:agreed:

Hachetjoel

Ibanez whore
Contributor
Reaction score

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
I'm surprised at the lack of comments about the abalone. Is it acceptable if it's only virtual? :lol:

luca9583

Reaction score
Just tried the demo. This plugin is actually evil.

As it's essentially just samples of a DI'd guitar, if you run it through a quality amp sim, or even better, a real amp, there's a lot of fun to be had.

Try putting bass mode on and you've got instant access to low guitar notes down to E0.

I'd be curious to hear someone with a high quality midi pickup triggering it from a real guitar...ahahahahaha

If this is where we're heading, scale lengths will be a thing of the past one day. There will be an advanced midi guitar with digital strings that will trigger samples of all tunings with optimum strings at optimum scale lengths. :scratch:

i wonder what instrument/scale length was used for tracking the samples.

Evil...

DancingCloseToU

Reaction score
I'm just glad they went with passives and an ebony board. :lol:

I'm bummed that you cant see the trem on that beast :lol:

I'm surprised at the lack of comments about the abalone. Is it acceptable if it's only virtual? :lol:

I actually like abalone stuffs. Not inlays in particular, because I don't like inlays at all to be fair, side dots only... But I think abalone makes for some great bindings and knobs :coffee:

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
So when computers gain sentience, does this mean computers will be making complex glitch/djent music named Rings of Silicon?

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
If there's anything I've learned about sample libraries, it's that Javi is damn good with them, and getting them to sound like he makes it is difficult.

I fully support things like this, but it's not for me. Even the great stuff tends to sound artificial. On top of that, music lab has some of the worst sounding libraries.

Zhysick

Reaction score
OK... I have heard lot of guitarists better than me... I have heard several "8 years old korean virtuoso kid" playing better than me... I have even heard some "8 years old kid" playing better than me :lol:

But software?

OK. I'm done.

Bye bye cruel world...

PS: WTH!!! That sounded GOOD, very very good... looks like a hell of a software to program but HEY sounds very very good...

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
OK... I have heard lot of guitarists better than me... I have heard several "8 years old korean virtuoso kid" playing better than me... I have even heard some "8 years old kid" playing better than me :lol:

But software?

OK. I'm done.

Bye bye cruel world...

PS: WTH!!! That sounded GOOD, very very good... looks like a hell of a software to program but HEY sounds very very good...

Seriously!

I'm going to sell my guitars and just make beats or something...