A Transgender Metalhead has won a seat in the House of Representatives in Virginia

• Thread starter tacotiklah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I just popped in to post that I am the most offended - making me the victor.
Well hold up now, I was on hiatus. I'm even more offended that you're claiming victory for being the most offended, I'll be taking that victory, now. Sorry, pal.

Ernesto

Reaction score
Actually it makes me wonder how long forums are going to get filled with BS stuff, until the community can just flag posts as factually inaccurate and require an attached citation to resolve it.

This is a lazy mentality. As one who has, for many years, posted about ideas that are completely true but outside of the accepted(brainwashed) view, not once have I changed someone's mind by posting citations. If someone's cognitive dissonance and bias is so strong that they are unable to recognize common sense, they will deny any citation. "Oh! You posted a link from Harvard! Haha! Don't you know that Harvard is ran by (insert bad guy)? Post another citation of shut up!"

If you question something someone posts, don't be lazy, research it yourself. Most of the time, finding citations from both sides of the debate can be done in less time than participating in the ensuing debate over the quality of the citations that ALWAYS follows a citation request. Citations aren't necessary in an environment where everyone has instant and equal access to all the damn information in the world. Asking for citations does nothing but inspire circle jerk debates and waste everyone's time. Look at both sides, consider the logic, rhetoric, and grammar of the sources, and form your, now educated, opinion.

Ernesto

Reaction score
Actually it makes me wonder how long forums are going to get filled with BS stuff, until the community can just flag posts as factually inaccurate and require an attached citation to resolve it.

This is a lazy mentality. As one who has, for many years, posted about ideas that are completely true but outside of the accepted(brainwashed) view, not once have I changed someone's mind by posting citations. If someone's cognitive dissonance and bias is so strong that they are unable to recognize common sense, they will deny any citation. "Oh! You posted a link from Harvard! Haha! Don't you know that Harvard is ran by (insert bad guy)? Post another citation of shut up!"

If you question something someone posts, don't be lazy, research it yourself. Most of the time, finding citations from both sides of the debate can be done in less time than participating in the ensuing debate over the quality of the citations that ALWAYS follows a citation request. Citations aren't necessary in an environment where everyone has instant and equal access to all the damn information in the world. Asking for citations does nothing but inspire circle jerk debates and waste everyone's time. Look at both sides, consider the logic, rhetoric, and grammar of the sources, and form your, now educated, opinion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I get the point that you're trying to make, and I'm probably with you. Apparently, there aren't many users here that have studied evolutionary psychology, anthropology, history, biology, and the symptoms that indicate the forthcoming demise of civilizations. It's pretty obvious that humanity is in the final days of its own mouse utopia experiment. The promotion of sjw propaganda on one side and ultraconservative views on the other is just the elite trying to pit us against each other and attempting to further obliterate the last vestige of tribe, the family, which will leave their slaves broken, alone, easier to control, and easier to eventually cull.

I'm all for anybody here on this planet doing what they want, as long as it doesn't threaten the future of our species, regardless of how they feel about their naughty bits, but I'm also a big supporter of letting Nature and evolution work as they did up until 12k years ago when we adopted agriculture, started moving to cities, and attempting to live by man's easily corruptible rules instead of Nature's uncheatable laws. We've been mentally, spiritually, and physically devolving ever since. The peanut allergy argument fits nicely here. By adjusting society to cater to those with peanut allergies, we increase the chances that they will spread their genes while simultaneously potentially eliminating a food that helps billions cheaply meet their protein needs. Same thing goes for glasses, modern health care, and most technology. Our tools and artificial social environments are definitely devolving us.

Before you guys start thinking that I'm conservative, I should let you know that I'm an anarchist, a real one. The only laws I respect are Nature's laws. The division between right and left is just another divide and conquer strategy that the elite use to keep the plebs distracted and fighting. If they can incite a civil war by exaggerating and spreading these dividing philosophies, their slave herds will cull themselves and the politicians and bankers will look like heroes once they decide that the numbers are back to a sustainable level and come in to "save the day".

As far as Danica getting into government goes, good for it if that's what makes it happy. I say "it" because the sjw movement supposedly doesn't believe in gender and if it has/had a dong, it's simply not a woman. Attacks on our means of clear communication are offensive to me. I have no problem with people being different and actually find the diversity of Nature, even the aberrant mutations, to be fascinating and potentially beautiful. I mean no offense and wish there was a pronoun to describe the genetically/chemically/mentally evolutionary divergent that can't be accurately identified with current terminology, but I think that naturally born women should be able to claim the terms woman, her, and she, as their own.

I just wanted to make it clear that Unleash the Fury isn't the only one here that thinks this is all ridiculous. I also want to say that the manner in which other users that have fallen for the propaganda are attempting to argue with UTF is pretty sad.

No need for replies here. I just wanted to state my opinion, let UTF know that there's at least one other person here that gets it, and give the rest of you something to think about. I don't see a point in engaging in debate with the brainwashed. If my post offends you, please attempt to read it again with an open mind and search for the definitions for any terms that you don't comprehend.

If I offend the combatively ignorant statists that believe that industrial civilization and the inherently corrupt institutions that are necessary to govern it are ethical or sustainable systems, so be it. Until they wake up, educate themselves, and start working towards creating an ethical and sustainable culture, any suffering that my opinions cause them pales in comparison to the suffering that their lifestyle causes life on this planet.

I wanted to pick out little bits of this to tackle, but I just can't. All this really deserves is a good old: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ernesto

Reaction score
You won't respect her enough to give her the correct pronoun. Maybe you do have a problem.

Maybe he values clear and accurate communication so much that offending people by using the standard definition of words pales in comparison?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

Spoken like a true not scientist.

narad

Reaction score
Excuse me, but have you studied evolutionary psychology, anthropology, history, biology, and the symptoms that indicate the forthcoming demise of civilizations like Ernesto has?

I have no doubt that symptoms of the demise of civilization are very common in Ernesto's life.

Ernesto

Reaction score
I have no doubt that symptoms of the demise of civilization are very common in Ernesto's life.

I very rarely participate in civilization's idiocy, and I get up every day and do exactly what I want to do. Feels nice to be retired at 40 and confidently stable regardless of the world's flailing economic systems.

This has been a very informative thread. It made it really easy to know who to put on ignore.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Excuse me, but have you studied evolutionary psychology, anthropology, history, biology, and the symptoms that indicate the forthcoming demise of civilizations like Ernesto has?
This sounds like the working title for a Black Sabbath song.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Read through all of the responses to this topic I posted and here's what I've learned:

- Trans people are "its", and are are so "phsycologically confused" as to warrant such dehumanizing terminology

- Spreading as much slanderous misinformation amount about trans people as possible is the best form of proof that you don't have a problem with them at all.

- Making up bullshit reasons to run trans people AND Obama through the mud is not only okay, but also justifiable because you made the claim and shifted the burden of proof onto other people. This amazing "physcological" form of moving the goalposts is s fantastic tactic for people that like to make things up without worrying about pesky things like "facts" or "proof"

- As long as you claim to be nonpartisan or "a true anarchist", your statements somehow hold more weight or are somehow more enlightened than others. Truly, everyone is awed and feel very blessed to be graced by your vast knowledge that was stolen off of /pol.

- After decades of the religious right ridiculing and belittling transgender people, seemingly unchecked, how dare those bastard "its" elect one of their own and finally have some say among an overly white, male governance! Time to get the tiki torches and fight against white cisgender males not being the center of attention for once! UNLEASH THE FOOKIN FURY ON LIBTARDS!

- It's okay to call other people snowflakes and still be the most angered and "triggered" person in the thread. In fact, you can keep posting replies in a thread on a topic you claim to not care about, and anytime anyone else, regardless of political affiliation, responds to point out that you are objectively wrong, you can dismiss them entirely as snowflakes. Again, a truly amazing "physcological" tactic to avoid taking any responsibility for your own position.

- You can make inflammatory statements about a group of people and hide behind "freedom of speech", but when some of said group exercise THEIR own right of freedom of speech, they're just being offended snowflakes. Once more, using that brilliant "physcological" tactic of deflecting responsibility for your own words.

- Any group outside of the norm cannot reasonably expect any small form of happiness or cause for joy. This is a privilege reserved exclusively for the people as deemed normal by Unleash the Fury and Ernesto; sacred guardians and protectors of a crumbling civilization. Mankind owes you the greatest of debts for deciding the has and has nots and rescuing humanity from itself.

I feel truly more enlightened from reading this thread and hearing the feedback from bigoted cisgender people about what I am and am not. Their words will carry more weight with me that the orders of my psychiatrist, general practitioner, AND endocrinologist who have deemed it medically necessary for me to transition. Unleash the Fury and Ernesto's '5 second Google and click on the first link that agrees with them' degree no doubt trumps the extensive knowledge of no less than three PhD carriers whom have dedicated quite some time to non-biased research on the topic.

narad

Reaction score
Maybe he values clear and accurate communication so much that offending people by using the standard definition of words pales in comparison?

I will say this: in a thread where people have been generally supportive of transgender rights, and therefore respectfully use the pronoun the person prefers to be called, using another pronoun actually makes it less clear who is being referred to. You are being more disruptive to clear communication by going purposely against an established pronoun. You are violating the cooperative principles of communication under the theory of Gricean maxims. So no, you and UtF value your own dislike of trans people more than you value clear communication.

I'm not a doctor -- I don't know this person through a biologically "which chromosomes do you have?" relevant way, I know them through a social context where the way in which they present themselves (and prefer to be perceived as others) far supersedes it.

Ernesto

Reaction score
Read through all of the responses to this topic I posted and here's what I've learned:

- Trans people are "its", and are are so "phsycologically confused" as to warrant such dehumanizing terminology

- Spreading as much slanderous misinformation amount about trans people as possible is the best form of proof that you don't have a problem with them at all.

- Making up bullshit reasons to run trans people AND Obama through the mud is not only okay, but also justifiable because you made the claim and shifted the burden of proof onto other people. This amazing "physcological" form of moving the goalposts is s fantastic tactic for people that like to make things up without worrying about pesky things like "facts" or "proof"

- As long as you claim to be nonpartisan or "a true anarchist", your statements somehow hold more weight or are somehow more enlightened than others. Truly, everyone is awed and feel very blessed to be graced by your vast knowledge that was stolen off of /pol.

- After decades of the religious right ridiculing and belittling transgender people, seemingly unchecked, how dare those bastard "its" elect one of their own and finally have some say among an overly white, male governance! Time to get the tiki torches and fight against white cisgender males not being the center of attention for once! UNLEASH THE FOOKIN FURY ON LIBTARDS!

- It's okay to call other people snowflakes and still be the most angered and "triggered" person in the thread. In fact, you can keep posting replies in a thread on a topic you claim to not care about, and anytime anyone else, regardless of political affiliation, responds to point out that you are objectively wrong, you can dismiss them entirely as snowflakes. Again, a truly amazing "physcological" tactic to avoid taking any responsibility for your own position.

- You can make inflammatory statements about a group of people and hide behind "freedom of speech", but when some of said group exercise THEIR own right of freedom of speech, they're just being offended snowflakes. Once more, using that brilliant "physcological" tactic of deflecting responsibility for your own words.

- Any group outside of the norm cannot reasonably expect any small form of happiness or cause for joy. This is a privilege reserved exclusively for the people as deemed normal by Unleash the Fury and Ernesto; sacred guardians and protectors of a crumbling civilization. Mankind owes you the greatest of debts for deciding the has and has nots and rescuing humanity from itself.

I feel truly more enlightened from reading this thread and hearing the feedback from bigoted cisgender people about what I am and am not. Their words will carry more weight with me that the orders of my psychiatrist, general practitioner, AND endocrinologist who have deemed it medically necessary for me to transition. Unleash the Fury and Ernesto's '5 second Google and click on the first link that agrees with them' degree no doubt trumps the extensive knowledge of no less than three PhD carriers whom have dedicated quite some time to non-biased research on the topic.

If you don't, can't, or won't comprehend the words I typed, please don't attempt to put words in my mouth.

Sadly, your reply supports the other guy's psychiatric problems statement. Your blind reliance upon white coats obviously isn't doing you any favors.

I guess you either have zero reading comprehension skills or you're just one of those people that likes to be offended. If you want to be addressed by a specific pronoun, just choose one that's not already taken, get those like you to agree on it, and I'll happily use it. And how dare you label me as cis-gender? I could identify as an pterodactyl for all you know. ;)

Ernesto

Reaction score
I'm not retired at 40, I'm just tired at 40.

Maybe you should try playing a new/different game? Capitalism/civilization failed me miserably but I became an expert minimalist and started using gift economy a few years ago and now have a community that loves me and free access to anything I'll ever need.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I very rarely participate in civilization's idiocy, and I get up every day and do exactly what I want to do. Feels nice to be retired at 40 and confidently stable regardless of the world's flailing economic systems.

This has been a very informative thread. It made it really easy to know who to put on ignore.

Only the truest of anarchists can successfully navigate and benefit from capitalist driven economic systems. Burn down the system! (Once we're done profiting from it of course)

If you don't, can't, or won't comprehend the words I typed, please don't attempt to put words in my mouth.

Sadly, your reply supports the other guy's psychiatric problems statement. Your blind reliance upon white coats obviously isn't doing you any favors.

I guess you either have zero reading comprehension skills or you're just one of those people that likes to be offended. If you want to be addressed by a specific pronoun, just choose one that's not already taken, get those like you to agree on it, and I'll happily use it. And how dare you label me as cis-gender? I could identify as an pterodactyl for all you know. ;)

I, for one, welcome the forum's new pterodactyl overlord; decider of pronouns, defender of anarchy, pilferer of capitalism, blockerer of interesting forumers, and of course, shining beacon of pseudo-intellectualism in an ever crumbling society.

No doubt this pterodactyl will usher in a new era of condescension and pretension the likes of which have never been seen in the history of guitar forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.