Abasi Concepts/Larada Megathread

A-Branger

Reaction score
I mean that's what people do? If they don't want to pre-order then they just wait for what remains in the way of instocks and buy it. He was just saying he prefers to buy instock products vs a pre-order system where you're kept waiting.

It's a risk many customers are willing to take, at this point I see too much cool gear go up for sale to have my gear fund held up for X amount of time. I would still order an Ormsby in stock if the specs I saw were available, thanks for the info I'll be keeping my eye out for one of the 7 string Metal X's!

And sending an email and dealing with it is part of the job, even moreso when a deadline isn't missed. I'm not an impatient customer, but as a general rule don't promise what you can't achieve or just don't give yourself a deadline at all. Ignoring the problem is a really shit option for the business, and they wouldn't put themselves in the position if they didn't say "Shipping by X date".

some folks do, some folks thing pre-ordering is the absolute only way. And they way he worded that sentence, it seemed like that. Again, you dont have to put your money and get your funds held. Wait util the very end to get a pre-order, or jsut wait until spare stock is released.

And yeah, I agree with you on the sending an email. Im jsut pointing out a reason on why Abasi might have not done it...?... donno, jsut saying dealing with a bunch of angry emails is not fun. But moreso is opening the door for possible refunds and/or people getting upset. One thing is to not make your customer angry, another is giving them the chance and the opportunity to do so (like encourage them to by remind them about it). The one whos gonna complain, is gonna do it regardless. But there would be alot of more people who normally wont say anything, but reciving an email like that might spark them to complain too.... It is a tricky situation indeed

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CW7

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked, but has anyone been able to compare the legion to the J7? I realize "worth" is very subjective, but I am wondering if its better to hold out for the next drop or grab a legion and save the money?
I don’t have a Legion but know people that have them and I’ve owned 2 J7s now (sold the first and then snagged one off the last batch).
My overall impression is what I expected ; h the Japanese built ones are definitely a step up in every department. (This has been a recurring theme for me with multiple companies, Strandberg and Ibanez to name two off the top of my head).

My J7 needed one TINY adjustment on the high e saddle to go under 1mm, and after that, it’s slammed and shreds. Super light, snappy, and one of THE most playable 7 strings I’ve had the pleasure of owning, at any cost (if feels to me like a big 6 vs a 7. Super easy to navigate and the Wenge neck is crazy resonant).

TheInvisibleHand

Reaction score
I don’t have a Legion but know people that have them and I’ve owned 2 J7s now (sold the first and then snagged one off the last batch).
My overall impression is what I expected ; h the Japanese built ones are definitely a step up in every department. (This has been a recurring theme for me with multiple companies, Strandberg and Ibanez to name two off the top of my head).

My J7 needed one TINY adjustment on the high e saddle to go under 1mm, and after that, it’s slammed and shreds. Super light, snappy, and one of THE most playable 7 strings I’ve had the pleasure of owning, at any cost (if feels to me like a big 6 vs a 7. Super easy to navigate and the Wenge neck is crazy resonant).

Thanks for the info!! As hard as it may be to fight the GAS for the legion 7, I think I'll ultimately be happier to wait for a J7 when I am able to acquire one.

Reactions: CW7

CW7

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!! As hard as it may be to fight the GAS for the legion 7, I think I'll ultimately be happier to wait for a J7 when I am able to acquire one.
From what I’ve gathered in my personal experience and a couple of trusted friend’s reviews who have Legions, I think you’re doing the right thing.

Chromatizm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’d love to buy an Abasi but we can’t go to a store and try one.

This. This is why I dream on building a custom guitar with Larada's neck and signature Fishmans. Sure, everything is important, but if I can't have it all, I should at least try to get the most important parts. But I cannot find any exact measurements for the nut and bridge. Do you know if there are any on the internet?

cip 123

Reaction score
This. This is why I dream on building a custom guitar with Larada's neck and signature Fishmans. Sure, everything is important, but if I can't have it all, I should at least try to get the most important parts. But I cannot find any exact measurements for the nut and bridge. Do you know if there are any on the internet?
If you get a custom guitar you still can't try it out before it's bought....?

Additional point even if you have someone build you a Larada it will not feel like a Larada because unless your builder is Grover Jackson I'm willing to bet they haven't touched one either.

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
one of the people that bought will probably provide the measurements here.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Ivan just got back to me, it's going to be a return unfortunately.

I was offered a replacement to be built/delivered by January/February or a full refund, and like I expressed before I'd rather just purchase and have something delivered to me that's readily available.

I'm not going to beg for it, but I was hoping that they would essentially send me a replacement pickup + some kind of discount to keep it as is. Hopefully they can salvage it and clean it up, then sell it as a b-stock to someone else for cheaper, I'm okay with the refund either way. I'll funnel it into something else I'm sure at this point :lol:

Here's a few pics for awareness of the issues I ran into on mine if they do list it back up.
- Tip of the headstock finishing issues, revealing veneer?
- Impression on the tip of the headstock
- Chip out of the edge of the fretboard
- Tool marks at the end of the fretboard/pickup cover
- Paint splatter under the neck finish

20201024_000812.jpg 20201024_000835.jpg 20201024_000850.jpg 20201024_000859.jpg 20201024_000906.jpg 20201024_003429.jpg 20201024_004141.jpg 20201024_004146.jpg 20201024_005232.jpg 20201024_0121512.jpg

HellaSickTight

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I was offered a replacement to be built/delivered by January/February or a full refund, and like I expressed before I'd rather just purchase and have something delivered to me that's readily available.

I'm not going to beg for it, but I was hoping that they would essentially send me a replacement pickup + some kind of discount to keep it as is. Hopefully they can salvage it and clean it up, then sell it as a b-stock to someone else for cheaper, I'm okay with the refund either way. I'll funnel it into something else I'm sure at this point :lol:

Here's a few pics for awareness of the issues I ran into on mine if they do list it back up.

View attachment 86409 View attachment 86411 View attachment 86412 View attachment 86413 View attachment 86414 View attachment 86415 View attachment 86416 View attachment 86417 View attachment 86418 View attachment 86419
Jeez that’s quite rough man, much more disappointing than I feel mine was. Ivan got back to me too and is giving me the same offer. I feel like I might just keep the instrument as mine was only a paint blemish and yours has serious tool marks. Sorry again to see that man. I’m baffled how some of these left QC.

Lastronaut

Reaction score
That's a bummer for sure. Another member posted a NGD talking about paint on the neck and tool marks....mine is supposed to be here tuesday...needless to say I'm a bit nervous about what condition its gonna be in.

Hard for me to believe someone gave that a good look over and said "ehh that'll do"

Either way sounds like Ivan is trying to make things right so there is at least that.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

View attachment 86409 View attachment 86411 View attachment 86412 View attachment 86413 View attachment 86414 View attachment 86415 View attachment 86416 View attachment 86417 View attachment 86418 View attachment 86419

This must be that sweet sweet WMI quality everyone keeps going on about.

I guess no one checks these things before shipping, because someone straight up dropped something on the guitar to gouge the pickup like that. Ask me how I know. :lol:

Again, if they want to be taken at all seriously they need to do better. What a joke.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
This must be that sweet sweet WMI quality everyone keeps going on about.

I guess no one checks these things before shipping, because someone straight up dropped something on the guitar to gouge the pickup like that. Ask me how I know. :lol:

Again, if they want to be taken at all seriously they need to do better. What a joke.

Definitely, Ivan told me he has a team of guys checking these, make of that what you will. But honestly at this point and for the price I'm absolutely just buying used if I ever do again, at least I can ask for pictures and spend less than 1800 - 2k for one.

2wheel_Ted

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yikes! Damn, that’s undeniably bad. Looks like someone was drunk on the assembly line. Seriously though, looks like the Abasi Concepts folks need more eyes on QC.

I suppose I lucked out w/mine, but my sympathies nonetheless. That’s disappointing.

Dayn

Reaction score
This makes me sad. It's hard to give the benefit of the doubt here, but it really does look like the guitar's been thrown about like a ragdoll...

chipflavour

Reaction score
Man that's a shame... how does a mark like that end up on the pickup? What the heck??

Now I feel incredibly lucky that my one only has like 10 cosmetic blemishes that are relatively minor, and hard to pay attention to since most of them are on the back of the guitar.

Meh

Reaction score
Can anyone recommended what string brand and tensions to use going forward for this?