Agile Guitars, what's better?

• Thread starter merrittsherman1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:imnew: <---- don't kill me

Hey guys, I'm definitely going 7 string and I've
been searching for the best quality 7 string guitar
for under $900. I was searching and searching
until I found out about Agiles.... Blew my mind.

Look at the specs and the price on this:
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB Tribal Purple at RondoMusic.com
beautiful too.

What are better than Agiles? If there's a guitar
that you prefer over the Agile, ENLIGHTEN ME!

Also, to me it seems that the only guitars that can
compare to the specs you get on an Agile
are around $1300, so what makes them so cheap?

Tell me I'm dreaming....

Daggorath

-.-
Reaction score
What makes them so cheap? No advertising, endorsements, shop fronts, distributors, dealers etc.

Basically a guitar is made to a spec that a community has expressed an interest in, then it is shipped to Rondo who check it over and then send it straight to you. Basically, less people taking a cut and less overheads. Fantastic business model for musicians like us especially.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I heard emperion was killer! :rolleyes:

Oh really.... I checked them out and I'm a wee bit worried about overseas costs.. But the Scorpius 7 looks wonderful, I'd like to see the pirce and specs once they come out :lol:..
What makes them so cheap? No advertising, endorsements, shop fronts, distributors, dealers etc.

Basically a guitar is made to a spec that a community has expressed an interest in, then it is shipped to Rondo who check it over and then send it straight to you. Basically, less people taking a cut and less overheads. Fantastic business model for musicians like us especially.

Cool thx :lol:!
i just ordered this > Agile Septor Elite 727 DNC EB White Deposit for May 2011 at RondoMusic.comyesterday

i don't think any mass producing guitar company can touch the specs they put on their stuff. :2c:

Wow congratulations! Agile is the merckage from what i've been seeing!

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Oh really.... I checked them out and I'm a wee bit worried about overseas costs.. But the Scorpius 7 looks wonderful, I'd like to see the pirce and specs once they come out :lol:..
I think he was being sarcastic though. Any emperion I've seen/ heard about people have not liked from finishing flaws, dents/ chips out of the box... ect.
Never used one, but I wouldn't go for one of those. Agile>Emperion.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
iv been an agile user for a number of years now and its the only brand other than customs that if kept ;)
get it. you wont be disapointed.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
shipped to Rondo who check it over

VERY IMPORTANT

This does not happen. Kurt and his small number of employees do not have the time and tape to inspect every guitar. YOU are the quality control. This is the reason for Rondo's awesome return policy.

I just wanted to clear that up.

ivancic1al

Probrem?
Reaction score
+1000 for Agile, I've bought 2 or 3 guitars from them in the past few years, and for the price, you can't beat the specs. Also, a thing about you being the QC. When people find minor cosmetic flaws with their guitars and send them back, Rondo sells them in as B-stocks for massive discounts. It's worth looking into those if you can live with a tiny ding on the back or something.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Without going used agiles pretty hard to beat for the money. Love my pendulum and I've yet to show it to anyone who didn't think it a great guitar and were shocked at what it cost.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I am no longer an Ibanez user because of my Agile. I absolutely love it and will never part with it.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
If you aren't looking for a long scale, you can also get a carvin 7, 25.5" scale that will blow the agile out of the water for 850 stock. Depends which compromise you want to make, I would probably go long scale.

jin

:D
Reaction score
VERY IMPORTANT

This does not happen. Kurt and his small number of employees do not have the time and tape to inspect every guitar. YOU are the quality control. This is the reason for Rondo's awesome return policy.

does the return policy apply to overseas countries such as southeast asia?

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah thats the main issue with Rondo. Its kind of an Americans only deal. Emperion attempted to match Agile's bargain for the european market but it seems that their formula of poor quality and shitty service failed miserably.

Daggorath

-.-
Reaction score
VERY IMPORTANT

Oh apologies, I was under the impression everything was shipped from America. This brings to fore the question: Why the fuck is international shipping so much more expensive than US delivery? If they're all coming from korea?