Animals As Leaders MEGATHREAD

JoshuaLogan

Banned
Reaction score
Sweet, a show both my girlfriend and I can enjoy...

I like Circa, AAL, and Dredg too. never heard of Codeseven...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

beneharris

Reaction score
Definitely anxious to see Circa. Hope their live show is as good as their recordings.
it is. i saw them with coheed and cambria, and i gotta say that circa survive did just as well, if not better as coheed. they were great

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Just listened to Circa Survive... generic ass radio shit... with bad emofem vocals. :ugh: My buddy's big into dredg, and I like AAL, of course, so we probably go and leave before C.S. go on. :agreed:

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
I highly disagree with you on the "generic ass radio shit" part because they have a lot more creativity than just about any radio band out there. I wont comment on the vocals because that was the biggest detractor for me at first, but I got used to them.

Jtizzle

Reaction score
Some of the typical hipster ones will hate it, the more open minded ones will definitely be blown away. I know I'm totally stoked for this tour. The face I missed Summer Slaughter because of distance has totally been made up by this, Karnivool and Baroness/Deftones coming to my area!

The show's in revolution again. You're in Miami, I'll guess? Cause Revolution is way closer to Miami than West Palm, which is where I'll be coming down from :p
And yeah, I'm driving that hour down to see Baroness and Deftones haha :p

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
The show's in revolution again. You're in Miami, I'll guess? Cause Revolution is way closer to Miami than West Palm, which is where I'll be coming down from :p
And yeah, I'm driving that hour down to see Baroness and Deftones haha :p

The Lake Buena Vista show is the one I'm going to. Basically Orlando, it's in Disney World so it's not that far from me.

JoshuaLogan

Banned
Reaction score
Just listened to Circa Survive... generic ass radio shit... with bad emofem vocals. :ugh: My buddy's big into dredg, and I like AAL, of course, so we probably go and leave before C.S. go on. :agreed:

Definitely gotta disagree with that... Circa Survive is fucking good ambient prog rock with great singing and great songwriting. Whether you like Anthony Green's voice or not, there's no denying that he's an excellent singer.

I fully expect there to be a decent amount of scene kids (especially teen girls) there to see them, but I know tons of guys that mostly listen to metal who still dig Circa Survive...

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
Definitely gotta disagree with that... Circa Survive is fucking good ambient prog rock with great singing and great songwriting. Whether you like Anthony Green's voice or not, there's no denying that he's an excellent singer.

I fully expect there to be a decent amount of scene kids (especially teen girls) there to see them, but I know tons of guys that mostly listen to metal who still dig Circa Survive...

I agree on all points. To most people I know, I'm the one who likes all the crazy shit, yet I love Circa.

To each his own, regardless of like or dislike for the band this is a killer tour.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score

Granted, I didn't get much into the one crap vid (The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is in the Dose) that I googled... Please point me to something less awful... :cool:

...and did you just say "teen girls" and "prog rock" in the some paragraph? Wait... what? :ugh:

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
Granted, I didn't get much into the one crap vid (The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is in the Dose) that I googled... Please point me to something less awful... :cool:

...and did you just say "teen girls" and "prog rock" in the some paragraph? Wait... what? :ugh:

Must be a horrible tragedy that girls would like any kind of music we do huh? :lol:

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
I think it's more the fact that girls have some odd attraction to guys who sing like girls (this explains the Justin Bieber phenomenon)

I think Anthony Green has an incredible voice, to be able to hit the notes he does as clean as he does is very impressive, to me at least.

JoshuaLogan

Banned
Reaction score
I agree on all points. To most people I know, I'm the one who likes all the crazy shit, yet I love Circa.

To each his own, regardless of like or dislike for the band this is a killer tour.

It seems like we like a lot of the same music and live pretty close. We should meet up and chill some time. haha

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's more the fact that girls have some odd attraction to guys who sing like girls (this explains the Justin Bieber phenomenon)

I think Anthony Green has an incredible voice, to be able to hit the notes he does as clean as he does is very impressive, to me at least.

So you're chicks aren't gonna start jumping my shit because of my Opeth shirt? Thanks for gettin' my hopes up. :squint:

:lol: