Anyone here bench, lift weights, etc?

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
One thing that ticks me off is seeing/hearing people drop the pro-style dumbells.
That's why they are always all loose and clanky. If you're going to be dropping them just use the hex bells or another of the solid types.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
God, why are the loudest people at my gym some of the weakest?! I think people that throw down clips, weights, bars and equipment while exhaling loud as .... are my least favourite gym-goers out of 'em all.

Sweet 135lb squats, bro!

I agree that throwing equipment around can be a bit annoying. But you have to remember that a 135lbs squat might be equally challenging to some people as the 305lbs Squat (or whatever weight) is to you.

I mean, just because some dude is doing some serious breathing benching 220lbs doesn't mean I can't do the same benching 170lbs, just because I happen to be weaker than him.

Reaction score
thinking of doing it to try and get some extra calories and nutrients since im really sensitive to dairy

yes whey:yesway:

8kiaB6y.jpg

h4nzy6Q.jpg

I like how you can add it to these kinds of protein recipies

4 ingredients

more ingredients

UnderTheSign

Reaction score

On the subject of bars... I made this on today. Replaced the 1 cup oats with 1 scoop (~30g) ground oats and 1 scoop chocolat whey. Added a spash of water to make it easier to stir and stuck it in the fridge for 3,5hrs. Pretty good taste and texture.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
yes whey:yesway:

*proceeds to post epic cooking ideas*

bought some almond milk and have been adding it to the shakes i make in the morning. tastes freaking fantastic. its helped me get a wee bit closer to what i think is my optimal caloric intake. i've been making some sweet gains and have started to get larger and more cut. i've been waiting years to get to this point

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
It's odd, because I used to use supplements, but now I just eat after my workouts, and take a multivitamin. I've been doing this for about 2 years now, and have actually seen improved fitness because of it, so I'm not asking questions :lol:

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
^^^ Get your dowel rod away from my ass!!!!

He knows what he's talking about, but IMO he totally overcomplicates. (or maybe he just takes a long time saying a little)
For some people it's probably needed to get that hyper-detailed, just depends on the person I guess.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
making all kindssss of gainsssss...

all leg weights up, chest up, back up, shoulders.... well im working on it hahaha

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
Recuperating from my lung surgery a couple months ago, I jumped on 5/3/1 BBB and I'm seeing some decent strength gains.

Current stats:
5'9.5" 165lbs

Bench 1RM: ~230lbs
Squat 1RM: ~255lbs
Deadlift 1RM: ~360lbs
OHP 1RM: ~135lbs

Gonna keep at it and bring them up even more.

EDIT: Hit 135 on strict OHP today, could probably do more. Yay for progress.

Chuck

Reaction score
^ :ugh:

I haven't lifted in 4 months and I'm real anxious to get back into but here are my high school ending stats:

5' 11.5"
150lbs

170lb bench
305lb squat
145lb snatch
215lb clean

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
So i have crohn's disease, and because of the numerous setbacks caused by flare-ups and my uber fast metabolism, it has taken me years to finally put on muscle.

but im having a problem, now that i've really upped my caloric intake, my crohns has been acting up. this pissed me off and disheartened me a little because my healthy habits have only increased lately yet my body still gets f**cked up..

until i realized that i had started increasing my whey protein shakes. im already sensitive to dairy, and until now i hadn't had a problem. but i think i hit the critical point (whether it be age or the amount of whey in my diet) where my body cannot process the whey as well.

so i think im going to move on to pea protein, and just grab a few extra snacks here and there to fill out my calories. hopefully this step can reduce the inflammation in my system and i can get back to work.

EDIT: has anyone seen this video. not dissing the guy cuz he obviously is good at what he does, but it seems like his rants are fueled by pump-blood, pre-workout, and maybe a little cocaine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CRVjMQuOaM

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Anyone here take creatine? I just ordered a jar of Creakong by Mutant and I want to see if my body accepts it. I've done the same with protein shakes and it helped me pinpoint what works and what doesn't (MuscleTech's Mass Tech works the best for me).

What should I look out for, apart from following the instructions?

Infamous Impact

Reaction score
Anyone here take creatine? I just ordered a jar of Creakong by Mutant and I want to see if my body accepts it. I've done the same with protein shakes and it helped me pinpoint what works and what doesn't (MuscleTech's Mass Tech works the best for me).

What should I look out for, apart from following the instructions?
Creatine is such a simple and proven supplement. Just take a teaspoon a day and drink the gallon of water you should already be drinking daily.

soliloquy

Reaction score
hit the gym again after a 3 month gap. holy hell i've lost so much strength! need to build up asap! proper diet starts again!

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
well just wanted to check in to say that since july Im now down 20lbs. started at a little over 195, and this morning I checked and Im now at 175. When I was at my leanest I was around 155, so at this point If I can lean out to 165 and start bulking up while staying lean, Ill be pretty happy!

on top of doing weighs, Im starting to do more sports at my school and Im also getting into rock climbing too which has been tons of fun

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
hit the gym again after a 3 month gap. holy hell i've lost so much strength! need to build up asap! proper diet starts again!

Know the feel. I lost 2 stone whilst not training and not eating during graduation period. Don't worry, it comes back fast when you get it right. I was just getting back into the swing of things recently and then got super busy starting my own business. However I've been back seriously eating and training for 3 weeks now and have put ~15kg back on all the main exercises already.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
Weighed myself for the first time since starting school at the end of August. put on a little over 5lbs of weight, placing at about 172lbs (factoring for water weight). this is currently the heaviest i've ever been.