Anyone into Watches?

• Thread starter Keirosen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I got two high demand watches at retail price and thankfully didn't have to wait an excessively long period for the batman so overall I am pretty chuffed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cult

Reaction score
I've recently fallen in love with the Heuer Calibre 18.
It's not in production anymore and I can find just one used in germany and it's around 400 miles away. Also, I'm not too keen on getting a (to me) grail watch as my first luxury watch.
p1010208-jpg.1046439

For my 30th birthday next year I think I'm gonna pick up a manual wind.
Has anyone got experience with the Junghans Meister?
I love the one with the light dial and the small second:

027_3200.00.png

pott

Reaction score
That Tag chrono looks really good!

As for the El Primero; there are no other Chronos out there with that much pedigree. Super nice!

pott

Reaction score
This is where I'm at right now; super into Grand Seiko.
IMG_20190720_184149570 (2).jpg
The chrono was a present from my parents YEARS ago. I never really wore it. It doesn't look half bad though it's not quite my style.

I still need to learn how to take pictures...

cult

Reaction score
Sinn is actually manufacturing their watches about 20 minutes from where I live... great watches, awesome for the money especially!

bulb

Reaction score
This is where I'm at right now; super into Grand Seiko.
View attachment 71859
The chrono was a present from my parents YEARS ago. I never really wore it. It doesn't look half bad though it's not quite my style.

I still need to learn how to take pictures...
Your SOTC inspired to get a watch box and take a pic (think I got the same one on Amazon haha)
0uxba1iiaag31.jpg

pott

Reaction score
Ha! I just saw that one on Reddit! That's a really cool set, with The One Proper Daytona... Nice!

If you're still on the lookout for a great GMT AND Grand Seiko, I can wholeheartedly recommend their SBGN series. The coolest quartz around. My SBGN001 is rated +/- 5 seconds a year!
The SBGE201 and their Mt Iwate GMTs are rather awesome too. I'd love a Spring Drive GMT!

xzacx

Reaction score
Snagged a Zenith El Primero
67773965_10157585169054533_5580727182679867392_n.jpg

B1CJlnJF1xe

This is a 45mm version right? Does it feel huge? I came across the all-black version with the rubber strap recently for what I felt was a great price, but I was worried it'd be too big. I don't even wear my Sub that much, which is a decent amount smaller, and I think the reason is it's just a little too big for me to be comfortable with—especially the thickness. I'll probably be happiest with something a little thinner, so I will probably eventually just save up for a Royal Oak.

bulb

Reaction score
Ha! I just saw that one on Reddit! That's a really cool set, with The One Proper Daytona... Nice!

If you're still on the lookout for a great GMT AND Grand Seiko, I can wholeheartedly recommend their SBGN series. The coolest quartz around. My SBGN001 is rated +/- 5 seconds a year!
The SBGE201 and their Mt Iwate GMTs are rather awesome too. I'd love a Spring Drive GMT!
Honestly if I find a lightly used SBGE201 at a good price, I'll probably jump on that! Same goes for Mt Iwate haha.

bulb

Reaction score
This is a 45mm version right? Does it feel huge? I came across the all-black version with the rubber strap recently for what I felt was a great price, but I was worried it'd be too big. I don't even wear my Sub that much, which is a decent amount smaller, and I think the reason is it's just a little too big for me to be comfortable with—especially the thickness. I'll probably be happiest with something a little thinner, so I will probably eventually just save up for a Royal Oak.

You know what's weird is I thought it would be too big, it's 45.5mm! And I'm not a fan of massive watches. I love the idea of a Big Pilot or a Panerai or even some of the Tag Calibre stuff, but their 44-45mm just looks comically large on my wrist. I don't know if it's the lug design or what exactly but the Zenith seems to work on my wrist, yes it's about as big as I could comfortably go, but I actually think it looks good. If you get a chance to try one out on your wrist you might have the same experience!

xzacx

Reaction score
You know what's weird is I thought it would be too big, it's 45.5mm! And I'm not a fan of massive watches. I love the idea of a Big Pilot or a Panerai or even some of the Tag Calibre stuff, but their 44-45mm just looks comically large on my wrist. I don't know if it's the lug design or what exactly but the Zenith seems to work on my wrist, yes it's about as big as I could comfortably go, but I actually think it looks good. If you get a chance to try one out on your wrist you might have the same experience!

Yeah, I definitely need to check one out in person, because I really like the look of this one...

700.jpg

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Put a preorder in on a watch that I've been looking at for a while now, the Helm Vanuatu. Microbrand diver, nothing crazy expensive but a) I love how tooltastic it looks (although yes, it certainly takes inspiration from Sinn and Marathon) and b) given the quality of the construction it's an incredibly good value. Unfortunately I'll be waiting approximately 8 months for it, but they're pretty much non-existent on the secondary market except with a steep markup. Given that they're a microbrand and not a company like Rolex that could easily put enough product on the market to satisfy demand if they wanted to, I'm inclined to give them a pass. A pic from the website:

_AnZqesGjnLjzfMCX6jyjIWu4epykG_w33VK2q21T3LONp5mMveJk1m0wgTxfplnWYiO9wMmp0wV8mlHOtbBlOyQq1Qe5Kytvtv3jTc56_YuRvqGR-2GecVRxsuxXbVkaVgmNuGNmoKn6kxdc2pvTcbZMY69VI7udMUvhxkEGw27Wjb0BD4XMfejd-ClTCSkhO2UuFX_DpOLZIRLoxtcPevl28TdLD-hV2WbNPG3ynatGDB9exFGaQvhBayJRistOlJvCXRKIosn47edgsrxjxgcUoiKld8Kz3Y3wttQQKvK6PH0KD91w56DhY2p1Ey66VLolq29-yHy12jA6ZSbUku71-yBLFz5OmOFPDXvPk42IHKgf5fRAWx0Rc60-vIVB2yRa5xpL30I0WeAeRUaL2ZvwXqC08asi1WpJJ0NdHu0CqJJ3sImKLgp3USJiBXglhorOYfC20icstEHmyLiizXLPV4CLvQFd4YY_qwDNC9DPZJ3M1Rvbj47HWhCdnBbdXab-dOLMb8CYoKa4TXgTatoEwLYZ2o7ZOTC1kYe4cSNUNYBdVAT4sjnod1y7fEIFzV9hEFM8N_F0BrmDlPPneT0skkU1KxoH-xHA8tYykrSKF655cKZPcPnxzKX-xpOwq8sfkI46MCVTSWvAEToJ1okAPzB7IZniePgKBDC_Pa4yQILztjKxXeu847hb1p7uTzJ8N6Qolc_weMOoRNb_HJQhRnE1wcNiEIBYdW8gnDexfBI=w1244-h829-no

pott

Reaction score
That looks great! It reminds me a little of some of Sinn's most utilitarian divers, as you called-out. It's those big hands.

I was just in China for a couple weeks and snagged a Grand Seiko SBGE201. I had been wanting that model for a LONG time. I will take some pictures eventually.
Watches tend to be cheaper outside of the US, as their MSRP INCLUDE Taxes and, for non-local brands, are typically extremely close to the US' where the sales tax is ADDED to the same price.
And then they'll de-tax it as well.

https://www.grand-seiko.com/us-en/collections/sbge201g

Last edited:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I was just in China for a couple weeks and snagged a Grand Seiko SBGE201.
Duuuuude. There are 2 Grand Seikos that are grail watches for me. One of them is the SBGA211 (Snowflake), and that's the other one. Congrats on an awesome purchase!

pott

Reaction score
Thank you! I also would love a Snowflake, but it doesn't fit my dress style AT ALL which is a shame. The SBGE201, however, is much more casual.

pott

Reaction score
A few additions (Zenith, Breitling, Sinn) and an old faithful (Grand Seiko quartz GMT).

Attachments

• Breitling.jpg
    Breitling.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 5
  • GS.jpg
    GS.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Sinn.jpg
    Sinn.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Zenith.jpg
    Zenith.jpg