Anyone into Watches?

• Thread starter Keirosen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
MkII DRSD

IMG-2504.jpg

jaxadam

Reaction score
I'm new here too! I'm definitely into watches - there's something about them that's just so fascinating. I'm always on the lookout for a new one to add to my collection. Right now, I'm wearing a Seiko 5 Automatic that I got from a vintage watch store. It's a classic design and I love the way it looks on my wrist. I've also been eyeing a few Rolex models, but they're definitely out of my price range at the moment. Speaking of which, have you ever considered getting a loan against your fine watches? I recently learned about this service offered by https://www.newbondstreetpawnbrokers.com/loans-against-fine-watches-2/ and it seems like a great option for watch enthusiasts who need some extra funds.

For the right price, I'll sell you the one I'm wearing in the above picture! But it's going to have to be competitive...

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I'm new here too! I'm definitely into watches - there's something about them that's just so fascinating. I'm always on the lookout for a new one to add to my collection. Right now, I'm wearing a Seiko 5 Automatic that I got from a vintage watch store. It's a classic design and I love the way it looks on my wrist. I've also been eyeing a few Rolex models, but they're definitely out of my price range at the moment. Speaking of which, have you ever considered getting a loan against your fine watches? I recently learned about this service offered by https://www.newbondstreetpawnbrokers.com/loans-against-fine-watches-2/ and it seems like a great option for watch enthusiasts who need some extra funds.

This isn’t the vendor thread. Not a fan of seeing someone hawk loans on a guitar forum.

But while we’re on the topic, when anyone is considering taking a loan against an existing asset the question immediately becomes “what investment is the cash needed for/what will it generate?” Can a more traditional loan or source of cash be secured at a more attractive rate or with better terms? Is it for an immediate cash need for an investment like a property that will be updated/repaired and sold in a few months at a profit to pay down the loan? Or is it just a spur of the moment splurge that shouldn’t be borrowed for at all to begin with?

Borrowing “for some cash” makes no sense in a rate environment where vanilla 30yr mortgages are 7-8%+. And asset-backed lending has higher rates.

The money needs to be invested in something that will earn you more than the interest paid on the loan.

… 3 posts and is hawking watch loans.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts