Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Nice what other specs on the Arctic? Mine just wrapped up, I'll post pics when I get pics of the DGS one as well.

I'm personally still impressed with the quality and playability of EBMM they're a close favorite among all the top brands I enjoy. I recently got a Majesty and a JPX and I enjoy them quite a bit. These two incoming 060's will essentially replace them need wise so we'll see how I feel after the fact. The Majesty is unique enough that I'd probably keep that around regardless and get rid of my X instead if I felt like I had to sell anything.

Hipshot trem with SSS, blonde richlite no inlays. I'm pumped. Should be May/June.

Yea, EBMM is pretty great, but Aristides is just a step above IMO. I've tried a few Suhr's lately and other high end guitars and I didnt really have any GAS at all with my 070 at home. I still keep tons of other guitars around, mostly Carvin/Kiesel (I know you dont like them haha) but mainly cause Aristides doesn't do things like headless. And I dont think I can afford multiple Aristides lol two is even more than I ever thought I'd be able to get!

Avedas

Reaction score
I wish I could see the blonde richlite in person. Still undecided whether I like the color or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Avedas

Reaction score
Is there a big post-NAMM gallery of R series models? Their website and Instagram haven't really been updated and I was hoping for a better look at the colors available.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Hipshot trem with SSS, blonde richlite no inlays. I'm pumped. Should be May/June.

Yea, EBMM is pretty great, but Aristides is just a step above IMO. I've tried a few Suhr's lately and other high end guitars and I didnt really have any GAS at all with my 070 at home. I still keep tons of other guitars around, mostly Carvin/Kiesel (I know you dont like them haha) but mainly cause Aristides doesn't do things like headless. And I dont think I can afford multiple Aristides lol two is even more than I ever thought I'd be able to get!

That'll be killer man, definitely an awesome spec I know my buddy Rodrigo ordered that same spec with dots. But hopefully this helps tide you over :p

39786120_10160614229620621_7834593077497954304_n.jpg

Also on the Kiesel note, to be totally fair I didn't hate the guitars I had except the last one that had the problems. I sung high praises for my Koa K Series and the Vader 8 I was rocking at the end of it all. I really wish I could have separated the whole situation from the guitars, because it's been pretty difficult finding another 8 string that suits me as well as the Vader did unfortunately. But I feel you man, Aristides is in my top 3 for sure.

Is there a big post-NAMM gallery of R series models? Their website and Instagram haven't really been updated and I was hoping for a better look at the colors available.

I'm sure they'll update it eventually but here's a few pics I found in the group. I just couldn't find a shot of the pink R, but I know Timo Somers is touring with his.

49896539_530276814140675_497686018393112576_o.jpg

46482575_10155992104358811_8201078015480823808_o.jpg

46458586_10215578727973425_3108624464724623360_n.jpg

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
That looks great - better than many non-R-series!

I thought so too. And the price is much cheaper than the finished standard series.

Definitely has a workhorse look to it. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

If this lives up to the hype, an 070SR is absolutely in my near future, haha

CloudsUr

Reaction score
I think i legit like the raw finish the more then the normal ones.
I'm a monochromatic/satin-y guy anyway and i have borderline OCD in regard to scratches, dings etc. so this checks most of my boxes.

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I think i legit like the raw finish the more then the normal ones.
I'm a monochromatic/satin-y guy anyway and i have borderline OCD in regard to scratches, dings etc. so this checks most of my boxes.

The only problem is that I work with industrial 3D printers a lot at work, and the texture on the large parts, and the way the light refracts on the plastic is dead-on to what I'm seeing in the brighter R-series colors, like the orange. The minimalist look of the brushed metal finishes is amazing though -- if they can get it a bit closer to that, would be great.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Ya I bugged Rodrigo a few times if he'd sell his before placing my order, it's basically exactly the same except no inlays, even on that I was on the fence about getting. So good. Saw your arctic pics on the FB group too earlier today :)

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
It arrived. Initial impressions are good. Random thoughts below:

Build quality is very good. I can't find any problems other than a tiny little area where the finish has been sanded slightly too much, or not quite enough.

Packaging was extremely good. The Mono soft case is excellent. It arrived almost in tune, and the setup is incredible. As close to perfect intonation as you could ask from an electric guitar. Action is low but no rattles.

It's not as light as you imagine it should be. Even though the control cavity is massive, and the body is super thin, it weighs about the same as my ESP Horizon. Totally comfortable though.

It's acoustically loud and resonant, but not to the crazy extent people described online. It's definitely my loudest guitar unplugged though. It's like a loud Les Paul (a good one which isn't a dead plank). Bright. Clear. Punchy.

The Fishman modern pickups are super hot, chunky, kinda EMG81-like. I like them. The sound through my setup is surprisingly beefy. I had a feeling that a synthetic, porous material was going to be bright, but that isn't really the case at all. It's incredibly well balanced. Low notes have a chunk with good definition, and high notes don't sound piercing at all. Very good. The clarity is very good, and I can see why people love these guitars for modern stuff with lots of discordant notes.

The R (raw) finish is really nice. It's slightly rough and textured. Totally matte. Very low friction. I have quite dry hands, and I haven't noticed any tendency to pick up fingerprints. My 2yr old came and plastered her sticky little fingers all over it, and the marks she left just wiped right off. So far, so good. I hope the finish holds up over time and doesn't get shiny or darker in places.

My one complain is that the fretboard edge is a hard edge, and not rounded off at all. It's not the most comfortable IMO. The frets are totally flush at least, and nothing sticks out. But compared to something like an ESP (or even something with plastic binding which is softer), I do miss that rolled off edge.

pott

Reaction score
Agreed about the squared edges. It's a bit of a mystery to me. I should ask them about it...

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
It's acoustically loud and resonant, but not to the crazy extent people described online. .

:agreed: Bunch of n00bs are amazed a guitar vibrates because they're upgrading from some $400 import log. The Aristides circlejerk is super cringey in that respect.

But yea dude, where are the pics?

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
:agreed: Bunch of n00bs are amazed a guitar vibrates because they're upgrading from some $400 import log. The Aristides circlejerk is super cringey in that respect.

But yea dude, where are the pics?

I need more R pics. Post em up dude

Couple iPhone photos I took after unboxing. It's night time here, so tomorrow I'll take some good ones with the dSLR in natural light, with calibrated white balance so you can get a better idea of the colour. It looks blue-grey in some light, green-light in others.

Photos here:
https://imgur.com/a/7ZyHq4I

Latest posts