Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
I've never played on an Aristides, but I am wondering how the depth of the body compares to an Ibanez S series? When I look at an 060 I am very much reminded of the S, and would be very likely to try one if they were relatively thin as well.
They're pretty thin. My 070 is about 2.3 cm/1" thick on the body edge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
121261162_10164399255665013_72451195263228795_o.jpg

Last edited:

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I've never played on an Aristides, but I am wondering how the depth of the body compares to an Ibanez S series? When I look at an 060 I am very much reminded of the S, and would be very likely to try one if they were relatively thin as well.
On the 8 the forearm goes down to 1 inch. It is like the S in that middle is thicker then thin on edges

jco5055

Reaction score
Hey @brandonwall do you think neck thickness or profile options will be a thing in the future? I love my 070SR but my thumb gets murdered with wide stretches, a little thicker like the T/0 or 010 would be ideal imo

brandonwall

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey @brandonwall do you think neck thickness or profile options will be a thing in the future? I love my 070SR but my thumb gets murdered with wide stretches, a little thicker like the T/0 or 010 would be ideal imo

Thinner necks are technically possible now, but thicker necks would require either a completely different mould or some other sort of luthier wizardry. We'd definitely have to put some thought into how we'd make something like that happen and how it would affect our lineup.

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How much does a new mold cost? I’ve heard speculation of up to $100,000

brandonwall

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How much does a new mold cost? I’ve heard speculation of up to $100,000

If you're talking about just the actual cost of the mould itself, that number is definitely pretty darn high. I can potentially see that being the case in some scenarios in which there are a lot of design costs and labor that go into the entire process of what it takes to get to the final outcome of producing a mould, but that's not been our experience.

jco5055

Reaction score
Thinner necks are technically possible now, but thicker necks would require either a completely different mould or some other sort of luthier wizardry. We'd definitely have to put some thought into how we'd make something like that happen and how it would affect our lineup.

Gotcha, so it sounds like maybe when the V comes out technically that could have a thicker neck if you guys did decide that was what you wanted spec wise lol

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a lilac in the first batch with a hardtail... cannot wait for this damn guitar.

Dayn

Reaction score
Possibly - but the trem posts are also less angled than the fan. Perhaps that's to provide a more even pitch response across the lower and higher strings? I know my Strandberg trem gives a wider range on the lower strings.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Possibly - but the trem posts are also less angled than the fan. Perhaps that's to provide a more even pitch response across the lower and higher strings? I know my Strandberg trem gives a wider range on the lower strings.

Having the post further away from the saddle would have that difference even more pronounced. It means that when you dive, those lower strings will rise up higher, and have an exaggerated pitch change compared to saddles nearer to the post.