Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Briz

Lifelong Learner
Reaction score
Possibly the only cool "themed" Aristides ever made is for sale:

441067170_949097170038674_162246670399210003_n.jpg

Don't you dare crush my dream...

1000003165.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The binding and radius on that headstock really work well together. Hats off to whoever specced that instead of a theme from their current favorite video game.

The 020!

I'm in the tiny minority, but I think it's a better design than the 060. I had one for a while and I'm bummed I got rid of it. Such a sick guitar. Wish they didn't discontinue this model.

oracles

Reaction score
The 020!

I'm in the tiny minority, but I think it's a better design than the 060. I had one for a while and I'm bummed I got rid of it. Such a sick guitar. Wish they didn't discontinue this model.

You can still order it, you just have to hit them up and ask for it.

jco5055

Reaction score
maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but I kinda feel that Aristides popularity peaked somewhere around 2019-21 or so where it was like THE brand for "modern" guitar enthusiasts. It seems to not be that anymore (I mean look at the frequency this thread gets a new post), but I can't really think of a replacement. Does anybody think a certain brand is the new Aristides in terms of hype etc? I know Strandberg has been popular forever, but I feel like most at this point see the 'ergonomics' are a bit overstated and the Indo build quality prevents it from being labeled like endgame guitars....it honestly seems like maybe it's spread out over a few brands at this point.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but I kinda feel that Aristides popularity peaked somewhere around 2019-21 or so where it was like THE brand for "modern" guitar enthusiasts. It seems to not be that anymore (I mean look at the frequency this thread gets a new post), but I can't really think of a replacement. Does anybody think a certain brand is the new Aristides in terms of hype etc? I know Strandberg has been popular forever, but I feel like most at this point see the 'ergonomics' are a bit overstated and the Indo build quality prevents it from being labeled like endgame guitars....it honestly seems like maybe it's spread out over a few brands at this point.

Abasi if you have money (and a bot). Kiesel or Solar if you don't.

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Abasi if you have money (and a bot). Kiesel or Solar if you don't.

But why get an Abasi when you could get a Kaizen instead?

It doesn't help that there's really only two Aristides models that anyone cares about: the 060 (and 7/8 string variants) and the headless. So, if you're not into those models then there's not much to like. They've tried to appeal to more classic-minded guitarists with the 020 first and then the T/0, but those models don't seem popular (020 was discontinued). And because of the way Aristides makes guitars there's basically zero customization outside of pickups and the finish.

So...why wait so long for a "custom" guitar that you can barely customize? Might as well just get a Kiesel instead. Way more options for making it look fucking ugly. Or a Suhr/Tom Anderson if you're a tech-bro. I think it would make more sense for Aristides to churn out some standardized models, but I'm just a dumbass on the internet. Whatever they're doing is obviously working for them.

Moongrum

Reaction score
maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but I kinda feel that Aristides popularity peaked somewhere around 2019-21 or so where it was like THE brand for "modern" guitar enthusiasts.
I think there's just so many options, there can't be "this is THE brand" anymore. Niche/boutique seems to have a relatively short period of hype, too. What once was new becomes old/common/normal. Sales don't seem to slow down, just the hype, I mean.
I know Strandberg has been popular forever, but I feel like most at this point see the 'ergonomics' are a bit overstated and the Indo build quality prevents it from being labeled like endgame guitars....
You could probably make an argument for the Japan made Strandbergs being endgame guitars. Their price sure reflects it.
it honestly seems like maybe it's spread out over a few brands at this point.
Yeah, I'd agree.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Why does it matter?

The whole hypebeast thing is just a away for the absolute worst folks in the scene to turn a buck and chase clout and parlay that into a false sense of knowing shit about fuck.

Not to say there can't be an interest in new and exciting things, but it's healthy to sit back and think about what you're actually looking for and if you're just chasing the dragon.

There will always be something new, something you haven't tried and that's okay. There is no "endgame" and there never will be. Which is also just fine.

As for Aristides, they're unique mostly because not any schmuck can make them in their garage. Some brands like Ruf seem to be riding the same concept, but the polish doesn't seem quite there yet, but who knows.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Some brands like Ruf seem to be riding the same concept, but the polish doesn't seem quite there yet, but who knows.
Had not heard of these, seems like a cool concept materials-wise compared to Aristides. Not sure where the marketing mumbo-jumbo ends and the meaningful stuff begins though.

jco5055

Reaction score
Why does it matter?
Oh it doesn't at all, I was just curious because it just seemed like everywhere I went for guitar discussions that weren't explicitly for certain brands (like here or facebook groups) were ALL about Aristides, almost obsessively, but now the hype seems to have died but nothing has taken it's spot.

I guess I could probably just see what the current hyped bands are and what gear they are using; if anything I felt it made Aristides slightly a turn off that every single person playing them seemed to just exclusively play some form of prog/djent that was either instrumental or had mixed growls and clean singing.

Latest posts