Baseball fans here?

• Thread starter NosralTserrof
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Red Sox fan here.....

Here's a picture of how our season is going :lol:
9k=
dumpfire_400x400.jpg

9k=

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Cubs have now won twelve of their last thirteen, they have the fourth best record in all of baseball, and they're still only third in the NL Central. That's... irritating.

michblanch

Reaction score
Cubs have now won twelve of their last thirteen, they have the fourth best record in all of baseball, and they're still only third in the NL Central. That's... irritating.

That .568 is a record most teams would kill for.
9 games back...

Who would have thought the NL Central would be the best division in MLB?
But with their record, and if it holds, will they get a wildcard spot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zappatton2

Reaction score
The last time I watched a playoff game in Toronto, I was 17. I'm now 39, and it FINALLY might happen again. I can't bear to get my hopes sky-high, but the prospect of it is pretty damn exciting. Keep winning Jays! Keep losing Yanks!

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
I thought the Astros would continue to improve this season, but I can't say I expected it to be this good. They really seem to have a legit shot to at least get in to the World Series. Whether they do or not, this team is fun as hell to watch.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
That .568 is a record most teams would kill for.
9 games back...

Who would have thought the NL Central would be the best division in MLB?
But with their record, and if it holds, will they get a wildcard spot?

If things keep going like they are, the two wildcard spots are going to the 2nd and 3rd place teams in the NLC :lol:.

Fine with me, since that'll mean a playoff spot for the Cubbies. All things considered, I think they've done better for themselves this year than anyone expected them to. I just hop it's not a one season thing.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
As of right now, the three best teams in baseball are all in the NL Central.

Is this real life?

zappatton2

Reaction score
Only slightly bummed the Jays didn't really push to lock down tops in the American League. That said, I am so ecstatic to finally see some baseball playoff games after 22 years! Man, looking at the breakdown, it occurs to me I barely even know the baseball playoff format anymore!

zappatton2

Reaction score
WOO! First postseason win since 1993.

GO JAYS!! What a game!

Yeah, it was a great game. I kept flipping in and out of it, just because the first two games shaved at least a year or two off my life, so I sadly missed that pivotal home run. I'm really missing our Jays announcers I must say, these guys from Fox are almost unbearable to listen to. Always throwing in their homespun nonsense, and did you catch the whole "fans in Toronto can't catch foul balls because they don't play baseball in Canada". My wife and I were like "did he just say that? Really?" Bring Back Buck!!

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
Huge Cubs fan here. Really looking forward to the game tonight. Arrietta on the mound, this is going to be a fun game. Let's just hope for the Cards sake, the wind is blowing in at Wrigley. Gotta keep those long balls in the park!!!!

I have a feeling if we beat the Cards, were going to the Series. I don't think the Mets are going to lose against the Dodger's ( bold prediction), and I think we are capable of beating the Mets. After getting swept by the Dodgers back in the day (completely different teams, I know), I just don't want to have to face them. The traveling and time changes would prolly kill us.

Kobalt

Reaction score
and did you catch the whole "fans in Toronto can't catch foul balls because they don't play baseball in Canada". My wife and I were like "did he just say that? Really?" Bring Back Buck!!
Nah, I was playing guitar in the background. :lol:

I did read it in the news, I just thought it was all fun and wars between our nations. I mean, yeah, the only Canadian team is Toronto, aside from the joke that were the Expos, can you really blame 'em? :lol:

zappatton2

Reaction score
Nah, I was playing guitar in the background. :lol:

I did read it in the news, I just thought it was all fun and wars between our nations. I mean, yeah, the only Canadian team is Toronto, aside from the joke that were the Expos, can you really blame 'em? :lol:

Okay, now I feel kinda bad for the guy after it turned into an "internet outrage" thing. Quite enjoying the game today!!

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Nutty game.

Stay classy, Toronto fans. I suppose if you're going to take the top spot in the AL East from the Yankees, you might as well develop a similar reputation as fans in the Bronx, huh? :lol:

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
^It reminded me more of Philly, if you're talking about the stuff being thrown on the field :lol:

Game 4 for the Astros was so brutal to watch. It'll probably be another few days before I'm not too numb/butthurt to pick a rooting interest for the rest of October. I really like the Pirates in the NL, but they aren't in it anymore either. I kind of like the Dodgers because of Greinke, Kershaw and Puig, but they just got knocked out too.

Can't bitch too much though, it was still a great year overall. The 'stros competed ahead of schedule and the future looks good.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Sigh. Guess that's that for my Cubbies this season. Oh well. I think all things considered they did better than anyone expected them to at the beginning of the season, and they definitely seem poised to cause trouble in the NLC for the next several years.

Plus they eliminated the Cards. That's always a good thing. :lol: