Best and worst vocalists.

• Thread starter Samer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Call me old, but there's only one guy that comes to mind when you say "sickest vocalist in metal" to me:

He doesn't shriek. He doesn't growl. He just kicks ass.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was under the impression that this topic was more about the "extreme" vocal styles, but since a lot more of the clean-singing dudes have been mentioned, I can start really contributing to this topic :) Disregarding the absolute legends, these spring to mind:

First and foremost, my fellow Swede Daniel Fucking Gildenlöw!! :hungus:

Matt Barlow is also a favourite:

And, although not necessarily "metal" to all of you, my favourite singer of all time has to be the incomparable Paul Stanley of KISS!

Jontain

Reaction score
Always really loved SiKtH's vocals, the contrast between the two made for some epic results.

Also agree on sylosis, robert flynn from mh should get a mention too seen as their songs can range from really heavy to very soft in places.:hbang:

Also for me there are voices that I wouldnt say are the 'sickest' or best but they definatly stick in my head, like mustaine or hetfield, by no means perfect singers but really works for the music.

I do like really heavy vocals too but as long as its not monotone growling, i find that gets really samey and then it begins to engage in the lyrics.

Scarpie

Reaction score

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
And now for my contribution, a vocalist whose fury was never matched cause he is actually venting feelings not screaming or grunting cause that is what is the genre calls for. A frontman with an indisputable authenticity. And from motherfuckin NY just like scarpie. bitches and gentlemen i give you Tim Williams.

No offense but I dunno if youre joking or not :lol:

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
I'm dissapointed that it took until the second post for someone to mention SikTh.

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
Call me old, but there's only one guy that comes to mind when you say "sickest vocalist in metal" to me:

He doesn't shriek. He doesn't growl. He just kicks ass.

This! :yesway:

Russell Allen has to be my favorite metal singer along with Khan from Kamelot.

Blackhearted

Reaction score
Roy Khan of Kamelot. Absolute mindf*ck of a singer. Similar to Warrel Dane in that he's a trained opera singer.