Big strandberg development...

• Thread starter dudeskin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
^That was my interpretation from the off.

8 years?!? You having a 23 string, 1-45" scale made out of rare fossilised balsa wood with gold bricks as pickups?!?

I was exaggerating. My deposit's up in a month or two and I'm actually thinking 'oh shit' :lol:

I will pay you $500 to let me take your spot :lol: :cool:

By the way, its officially official. Strictly 7 will no longer be making the Boden models. Looks like they are going to be ultra super duper rare

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
I will pay you $500 to let me take your spot :lol: :cool:

By the way, its officially official. Strictly 7 will no longer be making the Boden models. Looks like they are going to be ultra super duper rare

That would be a good thing except nobody seems to have any faith in the instruments. I feel like my s7 Boden dropped in value half a grand as soon as this announcement was made :lol: Still plays just as awesome as yesterday so I GUESS I'll hang on to it, but I'd like to do a versus with a Washburn build at some point to see how the new ones stack up. With the current options available, I don't really have much need to go full custom anymore (and it seems I have the option, they didn't take my name off the list and I'm in the next batch...we will see), so I'm stoked we have yet another option! Must say, no ipnp is a bummer because I deeply enjoy that profile option. Can't always get what you want though, so no prob.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
That would be a good thing except nobody seems to have any faith in the instruments. I feel like my s7 Boden dropped in value half a grand as soon as this announcement was made :lol: Still plays just as awesome as yesterday so I GUESS I'll hang on to it, but I'd like to do a versus with a Washburn build at some point to see how the new ones stack up. With the current options available, I don't really have much need to go full custom anymore (and it seems I have the option, they didn't take my name off the list and I'm in the next batch...we will see), so I'm stoked we have yet another option! Must say, no ipnp is a bummer because I deeply enjoy that profile option. Can't always get what you want though, so no prob.

Im way back on the list, I almost want to spec mine to the exact same specs just for the purpose of comparing :lol:

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
S7 is still building Boden orders from last year according to the video they put up yesterday. Based on this it looks like they're still accepting new orders for Bodens though? :scratch:

And I honestly don't know much about luthiery, but what's with all the damage they show (cracked tops, body issues) that delayed orders? See 12:58 and more at the 17:00 mark. Are these kind of issues usually standard in custom shops?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, so that's an interesting idea - Ola seems generally fine with people using his design and selling the guitars - just like Aura guitars did (before the guy went AWOL). So I guess it's possible that S7 continues to make these, but maybe calls them something other than Boden?

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Man, I'm totally hung up on the idea of an asian import Strandy now. I hope I don't end up disappointed. It'd be nice to have an import headless option besides Steinberg/Hohner Spirits, and it'd be extra nice to have the ergo body and fanned frets, to boot.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
I'll echo the feelings about introducing an affordable import line.Not everyone can drop that kind of buck,even for a boden

VacantPlanet

Reaction score
I'll echo the sentiments of someone earlier.
Strandberg tech combined with Washburn's phenolic boards, Buzz Feiten, and build quality...
If this becomes a reality for under 1500, I'm boned.

Khoi

Reaction score
Man, I'm totally hung up on the idea of an asian import Strandy now. I hope I don't end up disappointed. It'd be nice to have an import headless option besides Steinberg/Hohner Spirits, and it'd be extra nice to have the ergo body and fanned frets, to boot.

They'll be built by Washburns Custom Shop, not their run on the mill production

I've never had any experience with the Washburn Custom Shop, but people have said it's pretty top notch

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
They'll be built by Washburns Custom Shop, not their run on the mill production

I know. You'll notice it was me who pointed that out to someone else on this very page.

What I'm saying I hope for is that in addition to the Washburn USA custom shop Bodens, Strandberg/Washburn will consider producing some affordable import versions of his designs.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I thought they were being built by USA music corp or whatever who just makes USA Washburn and Parker and the like, not necessarily a custom shop...?

And Alain I've been waiting for this slot for 18 months, I'll leave it to you in my will if I die in the next 4 weeks :lol:

(But if i fuck up and can't afford it you got a deal hahahaha)

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Yeah, so that's an interesting idea - Ola seems generally fine with people using his design and selling the guitars - just like Aura guitars did (before the guy went AWOL). So I guess it's possible that S7 continues to make these, but maybe calls them something other than Boden?

Surely Agile could do this, then. Obviously they'd be more expensive than an ordinary Agile but why not contact Kurt about it? Sorry for derailing slightly!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The next S7 comment in this thread earns the poster a month off as I'm just sick of the bullshit. Want to talk about the new guitars and new company cool, but enough already with the other crap

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly the Letchford sig seems pretty amazing specs wise, especially now with its upgrades to Stainless frets.

25.5"-62.25" scale length with 20" fretboard radius and chambered mahogany body seems near perfect.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I mocked it up in fret find and I'm not sure. Ola sure likes to innovate but I can't help but feel it would be a tad uncomfortable. Definitely rules out a high A string.

AscendingMatt

Reaction score
So no more s7? So... I actually might want a boden... crap!! I wish that Chris's Boden didn't have pickup covers though, at least they're wood. I can deal with his little pacman'esqu summit inlay haha.

the new sigs wont have pickup covers. it was a routing issue with his prototype