Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Sturgis man......Sturgis.....his influence on the album in undeniable. The overuse of electronica elements...

This is almost as bad as Oceano using electronica elements and clean vocals now..... :( (I expected that shit back when they used to work with Sturgis...)

As stated before, he only mixed and mastered the album. He played no role in producing AFAIK. Though, Nick is very heavily influenced by Joey, so I guess you could say that he had an influence :lol:

Honestly, I didn't even want to like the album after hearing Machine for the first time, but honestly, I love it (save for Divergency, Mindful, Exhilirate, and Aeon III). I think it's a good representation of what TNR would have sounded like if they had as much experience as they do now, back then.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I think it is an okayish album. It's something to listen whilst driving and in between breaks of BTBAM and Rush.

Respect anything that is done by fellow musicians, whether you like or not :p

/Flameshield engage

Last edited:

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
tumblr_m7dhy3mfRc1rys4czo1_400.gif

allshallperishfan

Reaction score
I saw Cam comment on Facebook saying " I wrote Vengeance, Source Field, Imaginary Condition, The Origin and Absolution"

hahah so basically cam wrote all the sick songs (except illusionist) So lee gotta step up his game

thebass444

Reaction score
My first two listens through the album I wasn't really enjoying it anywhere near as much as I enjoyed The Discovery and A Higher Place (I really loved this album and I don't understand why they don't play more of it live).

Tried listening a third time today... still not enjoying it too much. I'll try again once more, but I really don't want myself to force myself to like the whole thing. Nonetheless there are three or four songs I would put on a playlist that I often listen to.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I saw Cam comment on Facebook saying " I wrote Vengeance, Source Field, Imaginary Condition, The Origin and Absolution"

hahah so basically cam wrote all the sick songs (except illusionist) So lee gotta step up his game

Exhilarate has some pretty sick riffing. I'm finding I put it on that track more than the rest; today at least. Who knows what it will be tomorrow.

Listening to the album for the second time.

Mindful and Exhilarate...........no. NO

Sure you don't mean Mindful and Absolution? I still don't have my hard copy, but it seems the leak mixed Exhilarate and Absolution up. Exhilarate is fcuking sweet. Absolution, I could really do without the upbeat, "After The Burial Rareform-era" happy riffing. As for Mindful... I rock that track a lot too. I think it's great.

I should go back and edit my posts where I ripped on Absolution, but kept calling it Exhilarate. If only I knew! :lol:

anomynous

Reaction score
Sure you don't mean Mindful and Absolution? I still don't have my hard copy, but it seems the leak mixed Exhilarate and Absolution up. Exhilarate is fcuking sweet. Absolution, I could really do without the upbeat, "After The Burial Rareform-era" happy riffing. As for Mindful... I rock that track a lot too. I think it's great.

I should go back and edit my posts where I ripped on Absolution, but kept calling it Exhilarate. If only I knew! :lol:

Mine appears to be correct.

Both of them have the awful clean-ish singing. It sounds kinda alright on Exhilarate, but Mindful...........

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I don't mind the "need to take a step back" parts on Exhilarate, and I think I've been too busy headbanging to Mindful to notice the singing. Honestly can't hear it in my head. :lol:

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
The clean singing is the only thing that kept my interest up for the album. Glad it did since the last few songs are way better than the first few.

bhakan

Reaction score
I think the album is OK. It isn't as good as the Discovery, but it isn't bad. I like the clean singing, and there are a couple really good songs (The Illusionist for example), and a couple songs that are pretty meh.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Bunch of sneakers and sunglasses.

That white ............ has dreads, which is ALWAYS immediate alarm bells.

You know, I'm really not sure what you're about. Almost everything you post teeters on the edge of moronic and trolling. Dunno which it is. I think this particular post leans more toward the trolling side.

Edit: Also, I was hanging out with a friend of mine last night and he was talking about, in his opinion, the lack of structure this album has. I disagree, very much. But then he switched his iPod over to Norma Jean. Ok...? :lol:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Bunch of sneakers and sunglasses.

That white ............ has dreads, which is ALWAYS immediate alarm bells.

Just shut the hell up.

OT: I still haven't listened to the album. Trying to avoid any torrenting as of late, so I have to buy a few albums tomorrow. I have a feeling it's way less bad than everyone is making it out to be. Negative hype for the sake of edginess.