Born of Osiris MegaThread! - All things BoO

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SupaCoolMan2005

BringBackTheHeadbang
Reaction score
i have no idea what i was thinking..to me it sound lower than drop c..and i play drop c everyday :lol: i feel dumb

LadyKiller

Last Tough Guy
Reaction score
Born of Osiris have new songs that are made of win!!!:lol: at the end of one of them they even have a little gangsta beat its pretty awsome..but in all seriousness they are brutal as fuck..and using 7 string i assume!! i can tell by the tuning i think sounds to low to be coming from a 6. not quite sure. I am sure not disappointing tho BOO represent

Oh yah Born of Osiris (New Music Now Up!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
NO DUDE. They Play Drop C so you cannot play this tuning on a 7string ;)
It's a 6string ;)
P.S. ...old news

windu

Reaction score
thats what it thought too, its just the rapidness and palming of the instrument that make it sound so low. sick dudes, and i beleive the keyboardist does more vocals on this album. at least to my ears it sounds like it

mat091285

Reaction score
but one or two of the songs sound 7ish ... and one of the guitarist uses a CS Ibanez ..

born_of_osiris039_565507.jpg

katierose

Reaction score
At first I couldn't dig the lack of bass in the new BOO album. But after a couple listens it reaaally grew on me. Songs like Now Arise, Exist, Put To Rest and An Ascent are radical. I like the random black metal parts as well.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I love love love the album. You hear the bass better on various stereos, but the drums and rhythm guitar tone are very low mid/bass heavy as well, i found. The bass is definitely there, just not prominent. Once you know what to listen for it's like "oh, there it is. still weak though."

Hell i was listening to the album through laptop speakers yesterday, and heard a harmony i've never heard before - and i listened to the CD 2 times a day 4-5 days a week for 2 weeks lol.

I asked the guitarist what tuning they use, Im pretty sure it's actually a variation on drop C? This was this past winter or spring though.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
At first I couldn't dig the lack of bass in the new BOO album. But after a couple listens it reaaally grew on me. Songs like Now Arise, Exist, Put To Rest and An Ascent are radical. I like the random black metal parts as well.

My thoughts exactly, TBH. It grew on me a lot after the second and third spin.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
I was looking for a picture of that 7!

I love the new album personally. It's a great album to listen to when walking at night. While the melodies on A Higher Place are amazing, I don't think the riffs are as cool as A New Reign.

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
the part that annoys me is that this band is isnt really a band at all but 2 or 3 guys putting it all together..

the drummer writes all the guitar parts.

on the 1st cd, he recorded all the drums and guitars(both rhythm/leads) himself...maybe even the bass too...

pretty sure he did a majority on this album too....

hate that

SupaCoolMan2005

BringBackTheHeadbang
Reaction score
I was looking for a picture of that 7!

I love the new album personally. It's a great album to listen to when walking at night. While the melodies on A Higher Place are amazing, I don't think the riffs are as cool as A New Reign.

Agreed they seemed more creative in the first album imo.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed they seemed more creative in the first album imo.

More creative with the riffs is where I stand.
On the new album I think the leads and melodies are amazing. They make the album for me.

The first album is a much better live album though. Nothing gets a crowd moving more than Bow Down. Nothing.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
More creative with the riffs is where I stand.
On the new album I think the leads and melodies are amazing. They make the album for me.

The first album is a much better live album though. Nothing gets a crowd moving more than Bow Down. Nothing.

Yea, but that song is only like 90 seconds long:lol: