Bulb/periphery tabs?

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Updated version of my Captain On tab. I changed the intro so that it's tapped rather than picked. Not sure this is how this is how the guys in Periphery play it but it's the way that felt most natural to me.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Periphery - Captain On.zip
    4 KB · Views: 162

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

davemeistro

Reaction score
I love the picking pattern and solo in Eureka, so I tabbed it out, but I did a little more work than I had originally intended.

Still, it needs a ton of work, but I thought some of you might want it anyway.

Eureka.gp5

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
It's a good start. I'd suggest you to replace all zeros that are NOT before a 1 with X's. Also, some 16th note brakes should be X's.

davemeistro

Reaction score
Thanks.

I think the x's/pm is just a guitar pro thing. To me, it sounds like the x's are too tight, and the pm is not tight enough. But whatever, as long as the point gets across right?

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
But they are played as X's. Ain't that what guitar pro is for? To show how they are meant to be played.

Or do you think that they are actually palm muted? They really don't sound to me like they were.

davemeistro

Reaction score
Idk, to me it just sounds like a really tight palm mute. But really, at that level I'm sure a tight palm mute and a dead note are probably gonna give the same result :lol:

fortuneg

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I've been looking for a tab of Absolomb for a little while now & haven't been able to come across anything.
Would one of you kind djentlement be able to point me in the right direction please?

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Thread search doesn't come up with anything, so doesn't google search so I think it doesn't exist. I would love someone to come up with it though.

fortuneg

Reaction score
Thread search doesn't come up with anything, so doesn't google search so I think it doesn't exist. I would love someone to come up with it though.

Yeah man, tried both & I was amazed I couldn't find anything.
Absolomb is my absolute favourite Bulb/Periphery song & i'm just amazed no one else even likes it enough to give it a cursory attempt.
:(

space frog

Reaction score
^Trust me its probably not a matter of not wanting to or not liking the song, but maybe more a lack of time to put in it. I considered doing it at one time, but it seems pretty damn hard to tab out.

davemeistro

Reaction score
Finished Eureka

Eureka.gp5

I'll probably get too lazy to fix the fingering for the solo and tapping bit :lol:

Anyone, feel free to fix anything you catch wrong.

tranqx

Reaction score
I took a lesson with Misha during the Scale The Summit tour and he taught me Have a Blast... theres a video of a kid playing it on Youtube, but the ending part with the chords is completely wrong - the rest, even the solo, is pretty much spot on. Sadly I'm in the last leg of my semester of class and have to focus on finals, so I can't tab it out :(