Cafe Deemed "Racist" For Putting Union Jack Flag on Sandwiches

• Thread starter BenjaminW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Super Duper Moduraturr
Reaction score
Nah; I think Jameson had the cheesecake surgically tightened and tidied up a few years back.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Too many people are too easily riled up.

I don't think people give a shit or at least anymore than they used to. I don't like making generational type arguments, but just like how people climb over each other to get views, likes or retweets on social media, the new 'it' thing is virtue signaling and feined outrage for attention.

"Oh yeah, you went to a rally? I put a restaurant out if business!" Wow, warrior spirit!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
Without directly referencing the very pedal that's received much controversy, you should know that all it takes these days is one nobody on Twitter to get an uprising going to spoil everyone's egg mcmuffin.

Sure, but I think if a company or one of its employees hasn't done anything wrong, a good amount of the responsibility for that spoiled mcmuffin lies with them when they cave in one way or another. I know it's easier said than done when it's not my business, and I'm not the one getting angry messages for whatever the offense of the day is. But most people won't care or hear about it, and the attention span for most internet outrage is pretty short.

Edit: I was half awake when I replied to this, and somehow missed the bit about the Satchel pedal. Wasn't commenting on that, just speaking more generally.

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
People are not right anymore man..I do not fucking know...all kinda dumb shit these days....It's that worry about yourself or something Fuck around and see what happens etc lol

Not 100% sure what's going on there grammatically but human nature doesn't change, just our exposure to it. I'm sure every social issue to ever arise was hit with, "People are not right anymore man."

tedtan

Reaction score
"...with up to four people complaining."

I'm sorry, four people bitched about a flag on their sandwich, and this is news, somehow? People have too much time on their hands.

With 4 people complaining, sounds like the cafe owner must have contacted the news. In which case... just trying to drum up business?

I didn't read the article, but I think this nails it. A slow news day combined with a bit of self promotion.

I don't think people give a shit or at least anymore than they used to. I don't like making generational type arguments, but just like how people climb over each other to get views, likes or retweets on social media, the new 'it' thing is virtue signaling and feined outrage for attention.

"Oh yeah, you went to a rally? I put a restaurant out if business!" Wow, warrior spirit!

I can see that angle, too.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'll confess, I hadn't considered that.
Sad thing is, I’m used to too many folks lying via statistics (e.g. the tRump sicophants citing Obama’s first year economic stats, completely ignoring the progress made over the mess that Bush Jr. left) that that comes naturally to me.