Chimp Spanner tabs thread...

• Thread starter splinter8451
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Enki

Reaction score
I know this is way off subject but Chimp fans are here. Chimp and his father jamming when he was way younger!

Ploatic

Reaction score
I love that vid :]
Hey btw this is Echo Field, I just wanted to use my youtube name now here instead.
Sorry about not answering anymore at some point, got so friggin loaded with work during the semester, but I'm willing to work on more now! I have pt. III up. I'll be getting to cloud city soon enough. Any tab I should continue first? Although I'm absolutely horrible at them :p

Youtube honestly put my vid out of sync a little, but it should be fine nevertheless!

Ploatic

Reaction score
Haha thanks :-] and okayz! I was most pbly gonna learn that as my next CS song anyway

Ploatic

Reaction score
I'm learning two songs right now, one of them being cloud city, once thats done I'll make the tab and put it up ;)

Ploatic

Reaction score
Okay guys, done with cloud city!

Here's the playlist to all my covers of the songs from the ep.

'All Roads Lead Here' Guitar Covers - YouTube

Would you guys graciously accept my codes that I jot down while learning songs instead of tabs? They're my way of "tabbing" out stuff, such as

Code.jpg

Haha joking :p I'm working on the tabs, but actually, this is honestly what I jot down to learn stuff sometimes.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Okay guys, done with cloud city!

Here's the playlist to all my covers of the songs from the ep.

'All Roads Lead Here' Guitar Covers - YouTube

Would you guys graciously accept my codes that I jot down while learning songs instead of tabs? They're my way of "tabbing" out stuff, such as

Code.jpg

Haha joking :p I'm working on the tabs, but actually, this is honestly what I jot down to learn stuff sometimes.

Great cover Sir. but i do have a question. How does that picture actually work? i mean Paul actually posted a picture of that same thing but it was for Far From Home. and he said something about stabbing and such but i still dont quite get it.

Ploatic

Reaction score
Thanks! I remember him posting it, but to be honest I don't even know how he uses it haha. So its for far from home? I should check it out again, I didn't see it since the time he put it up

I sometimes jot down differently, I don't have a specific way (i had two other doodles for cloud city). This code is pretty much for the last riff. The circles represent the palm muted open b string, the bars mean pick the 2nd fret of the b string (except very last note which is open b string) and the dash mean a quick down then up pick, I'm thinking in 16th notes off the top of my head, I'll check though.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Thanks! I remember him posting it, but to be honest I don't even know how he uses it haha. So its for far from home? I should check it out again, I didn't see it since the time he put it up

I sometimes jot down differently, I don't have a specific way (i had two other doodles for cloud city). This code is pretty much for the last riff. The circles represent the palm muted open b string, the bars mean pick the 2nd fret of the b string (except very last note which is open b string) and the dash mean a quick down then up pick, I'm thinking in 16th notes off the top of my head, I'll check though.

Tats pretty nifty! i personally just use GP to write everything i ever do down because my memory is fucking god awful, at least until i learn the bit. then it should be fine.

Ploatic

Reaction score
Thats good tho :) its like you tab as you learn, which is definitely what I should of done instead of learning it all then tabbing at the end. I'm just used to using random codes!

Brycen Doby

Abscissor
Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this thread, I've been dying to find chimp spanner tabs. if anyone either wants to give me what they've got so far or just tell me what tuning he's in for all roads lead here I'm pretty good at tabbing and figured out how to play some of mobius pt. I in drop A# lol

Ploatic

Reaction score
You found a good thread :)
Cloud city and Mobius pt III are in standard, I think its the same for dark age of technology and engrams. Forgot about pt I and pt II but ok if you say so :p
as for tab I'm mid way through for the lead for cloud city, do you guys also want the rhythm? I don't mind, I can tell you the frets for the chords and single notes, im just not sure what you guys wanted the most.
Also, Dan Halen, did he answer you on formspring on facebook? I'm curious to check the tab with him once im done, I mean I've gotten responses from him before and he saw some of my vids, but I'm not sure where would be more appropriate to ask. Don't want to bug him too much on fb of course, but anywho.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think you'd be bugging him no matter where you asked. I think hes just glad to get the notoriety and support from his fans, and the fact that they want to learn his songs is a huge plus. I'd kill for that, but I would also kill for a desktop that can run more that 3 programs at a time so that i can START recording, instead of this shitty laptop that i have.

It's easier to get a response of Formspring though. But i did see the picture on facebook. ill try and find it for you, but youll have to sift through the comments because he didnt give a direct response. 8) but definitely see if you can upload your drawing on Formspring to show him.

Also, if your interested you should learn far from home next since you have that 8 string. I'd love to do it myself but ATM im lacking even my RG7321 because im having my shop guys fix my one pickup.

Ploatic

Reaction score
There she is 8)
haha yeah I remember that, I was in class while I saw that picture and my eyes kind went O.O a little because of the similarity to what I sometimes do, couldn't believe Paul also uses such a method. And thanks for the info! That's definitely true I'm sure he appreciates the support he gets.
And wow I hear ya, I could get to far from home soon enough, I should also finish off putting up other stuff. A while ago I learned Under One Sky, Mirror and parts of Clarity in Chaos and Bad Code, I should finish it all at some point haha. I've honestly started checking out Periphery/AAL songs and recording songs of my own (of course now that its summer ive had time to catch up on all of this) so I'm very all over the place as to what I'm doing.
I hope your guitar gets fixed soon enough!

Dan Halen

Reaction score
There she is 8)
haha yeah I remember that, I was in class while I saw that picture and my eyes kind went O.O a little because of the similarity to what I sometimes do, couldn't believe Paul also uses such a method. And thanks for the info! That's definitely true I'm sure he appreciates the support he gets.
And wow I hear ya, I could get to far from home soon enough, I should also finish off putting up other stuff. A while ago I learned Under One Sky, Mirror and parts of Clarity in Chaos and Bad Code, I should finish it all at some point haha. I've honestly started checking out Periphery/AAL songs and recording songs of my own (of course now that its summer ive had time to catch up on all of this) so I'm very all over the place as to what I'm doing.
I hope your guitar gets fixed soon enough!

LMAO i completely misread what you put in the post before this. and rereading it now you said TAB. i thought you just wanted some more information on the picture. but you got your answer either way plus a little more i guess.