Custom fanned-fret 7-string project (Parker Fly shape)

• Thread starter bluevoodoo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Necromagnon

Reaction score
^ +1

Very very nice!
But I thing regarding the saddles? They were placed a little bit to forward, no? Or is it just that intonation hasn't been setted up yet?

And that top is really nice... I'm fighting against my will to not start cutting my desk to make the template of a Fly... :wallbash:

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
^ +1

Very very nice!
But I thing regarding the saddles? They were placed a little bit to forward, no? Or is it just that intonation hasn't been setted up yet?

And that top is really nice... I'm fighting against my will to not start cutting my desk to make the template of a Fly... :wallbash:

The bridge and the nut setup still needs to be finished but it won't be done until the pickups aren't routed. I also love the top but you could buy a couple o' desks for the price I paid for that wood :D

Necromagnon

Reaction score
I also love the top but you could buy a couple o' desks for the price I paid for that wood :D
:D

I think mine will be solid black paint with little blue reflection in it and satin laquer on it, black/gold hardware... :cool:

And why don't you set up bridge and nut still? No need to wait for pickups routes imo. You can enjoy your guitar acousticaly by the time you decide your electronics.

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
:D

I think mine will be solid black paint with little blue reflection in it and satin laquer on it, black/gold hardware... :cool:

And why don't you set up bridge and nut still? No need to wait for pickups routes imo. You can enjoy your guitar acousticaly by the time you decide your electronics.

Sounds cool, even though I really dislike gold hardware on any guitar :) The blueish black could be cool as hell :cool: The intonation isn't set up yet (edited, seemed to be set up yesterday by ears but today I checked it out with a tuner and it turned out to be the opposite), the guys decided to finalize everything when the pickups are in, it's their decision and I respect that since I don't know much about luthiery :)

Necromagnon

Reaction score
:cheers:

I'm fan of gold hardware, but it's sometimes a bit to blingbling. Black/gold is a good mix imo. :)
And about their decision, I understand, no matter. They build it, so they do according to what they're used to. :cheers:

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
If anyone's interested: Danifigo and the other luthier guy, Zoltan with whom he teamed up are planning to build guitars in small series, 6-,7- and 8-strings with original designs, both regular and fanned fret. The guitars will be almost entirely handmade (with only the fretboard cutting made with CNC), price will be around 1700€. I'll open a new thread for the company when the first pieces are finished, you should check it out, they will build KILLER guitars!

danifigo

Reaction score
Hi there, i just want to mention that the we did NOT set the intonation for now so no worries all saddles pulled back to the very end -as you can see-

patata

7 heaven
Reaction score
Very clean and solid.I hate the parker shape but it looks kinda nice with the fanned frets

blanco

Reaction score
The Parker shape really does look good with fanned frets. Loving the wood choices and inlay as well.

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
A final decision was taken regarding the pickups, the Lace Aluma Deathbar 4.0" is going to be installed tomorrow, if everything goes according to plan, the axe will be ready for playing this weekend. Took a long time but I'm sure it was worth waiting :)

Barney

Reaction score
Finally motha....kaaa!!! I want to check it out when done. I'll bring you a beer or two :D

downburst82

Reaction score
beautiful guitar!.....but...the neck pocket on the front of the guitar..is it just me or does that look really rough? could be lighting/angle making it look worse than it is..bult any comment on that area or closeup pix?

Overall EPIC guitar!

bluevoodoo

sanity assassin
Reaction score
beautiful guitar!.....but...the neck pocket on the front of the guitar..is it just me or does that look really rough? could be lighting/angle making it look worse than it is..bult any comment on that area or closeup pix?

Overall EPIC guitar!

Question's right, you can see that gap between the neck and the body because the routing hasn't been done yet for the neck pickup, so where that gap lies will be the pocket for the neck pup.