Dimarzio Gravity Storm

• Thread starter Lorcan Ward
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Unlike quite a few other DiMarzio offerings, I'm afraid I won't be demoing these for you guys. Could be mildly related to lack of string coverage. :lol:

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
No idea how it will sound in a normal person's rig. Vai uses so many effects and such crazy gear that the sound us mortals get with theses pups is likely to be pretty different :lol:.

The name is definitely a win. I might buy them just for the name. It suits my scientist/nerd tendencies :lol:

Petie

Reaction score
No idea how it will sound in a normal person's rig. Vai uses so many effects and such crazy gear that the sound us mortals get with theses pups is likely to be pretty different :lol:

He doesn't use as many effects as you might think (especially post-1990), and a lot of the tones on the new album are pretty raw. I'm pretty mortal and I think I got a good sound out of them with just a Marshall. :shred:

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Bah I want to try them but Im content with the evo/liquifire in my JemDBK! Guess I need another guitar? =P

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
These are startlingly similar spec-wise to the Dominions they just released. I really need to give these a shot, since I love the shit out of my Dominions.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
Any comparison of the neck gravity storm vs the liquifire? Your description Petie sort of sounds like how I'd describe my liquifire.

Like I said, I love the hell out of my pups in my jem but I sort of want to try many things. I may actually buy a new pickguard like petie suggested with gravity storms and also I may try and Evo 2. Also anyone know a quick release system (like some sort of connector for the ground/output I can have to swap guards)

Petie

Reaction score
Any comparison of the neck gravity storm vs the liquifire? Your description Petie sort of sounds like how I'd describe my liquifire.

Like I said, I love the hell out of my pups in my jem but I sort of want to try many things. I may actually buy a new pickguard like petie suggested with gravity storms and also I may try and Evo 2. Also anyone know a quick release system (like some sort of connector for the ground/output I can have to swap guards)

It's a little more grainy and organic compared to the LiquiFire, and doesn't have that "Loolooloolooloo" kind of vocal sound when you pick fast like the LiquiFire has.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I can see this bridge pickup in my strat...

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking about these on the new 721. If you ignore the clip in post 18 and listen to the one in 19, I'm thinking that is a closer representation of how the actual pickup sounds ;)

They have 'em at MF. I wonder why these are so easily available that quickly and the "dominions" are much harder to find?

Jzbass25

Reaction score
It's a little more grainy and organic compared to the LiquiFire, and doesn't have that "Loolooloolooloo" kind of vocal sound when you pick fast like the LiquiFire has.

Hmm, such a tough decision. It sounds like it may be like the blaze neck which I also love.