Dino Say Meshuggah, Korn, Coal Chamber Ripped Off FF Riffs - Give Examples

• Thread starter Louis Cypher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Comes out with an Ibby sig with one pickup.

Claims 'shug ripped him off.

ofdustandnations

Reaction score
Dino and FF no questions asked had a huge influence on metal at the time, and I do believe that rubbed off on alot of metal from the period. Honestly in context of the song, the riffs sound a bit different to most music listeners.

Basically, who gives cares and if its a good song - enjoy it!

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I don't care about a single one of these bands, but I just wanted to say that if they were to rip off Dino riffs, the world would be a better place if they listened to more Brujeria.

TelegramSam

7-string Understudy
Reaction score
I was thinking more of "EVH Grande", but that's mean and shitty and I really should feel bad for thinking it. Total lame, cheap low blow.

Sorry. :shrug:

I'm sorry, but all I can think is...

998bd16700ffa78f842499c3f0c9039737e3fc97abd64e04f83a186dab0e90a8.jpg

I'll see myself out.
998bd16700ffa78f842499c3f0c9039737e3fc97abd64e04f83a186dab0e90a8.jpg

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score
I don't care about a single one of these bands, but I just wanted to say that if they were to rip off Dino riffs, the world would be a better place if they listened to more Brujeria.

Oh wow, I totally forgot about that band. I haven't listened to them in over a decade.

fr4nci2c0

Reaction score
Guys this is a classic combat sports technique (ie: mma, WWE etc.) Make an outrageous claim but make sure you include names more popular than yourself to draw attn. of those who like said popular groups. I would not have clicked on this thread if not for messhuggah and korn in the title! Dino's using the classic technique. he's our hulk hogan

akinari

Reaction score
Guys this is a classic combat sports technique (ie: mma, WWE etc.) Make an outrageous claim but make sure you include names more popular than yourself to draw attn. of those who like said popular groups. I would not have clicked on this thread if not for messhuggah and korn in the title! Dino's using the classic technique. he's our hulk hogan

WELL LEMME TELL YA SOMETHIN MEAN GENE... I WOULDN'T BE HERE IF IT WEREN'T FOR JUSTIN BROADRICK AND GODFLESH. BUT I KNOW THE LEGIONS OF DINOMANIACS DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT. *BIG BOOT* *LEG DROP*

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
That three against four pattern is probably on every other metal record ever made in the last 30 years......I hear it in just about every djeneri-djent song I hear (ok the leave out the last two 8th notes to make it sound like they're "polyrhythmic")...

partialdeafness

Reaction score
If Devin Townsend is right about anything, we all copy Meshuggah. Now, I know that Meshuggah copied Fear Factory.
We have all been copying Fear Factory.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I cant find a single similarity there :lol:

Just whipped out my client's office guitar to play the main riffs in both songs and I still don't see it.

I did learn that no one I'm currently working with has heard Creeping Death before. That was depressing :lol:

potatohead

Reaction score
You guys have to be joking, the main riff in both songs is very very similar. First time I heard An Ocean Between Us it immediately popped into my mind. They're in different keys and played differently and the tones are way different but the timing and note progression are basically the same.

Dwellingers

Reaction score
You guys have to be joking, the main riff in both songs is very very similar. First time I heard An Ocean Between Us it immediately popped into my mind. They're in different keys and played differently and the tones are way different but the timing and note progression are basically the same.

Somebody - give me back my blues!