Edge III FX string lock insert replacement

Vandante

Reaction score
So I recently bought an RGA8QM (pre-loaded with EMG 808X's and a tone pot!) in an eBay deal and when I received it, I saw that one of the string lock inserts was missing from the bridge. My question is, do I need to replace the insert with one specifically made for an Edge III, or will one from a Floyd Rose unit work? Normally I wouldn't have any problem with buying a block online, but getting one direct from Ibanez will run me $25 (including shipping) and I can't get one from ibanezrules because of the minimum purchase amount.

Thanks in advance for any help and hopefully I posted this in the right section.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can sometimes manage to get generic replacement ones to work, but you have to kind of force it, and turn it the wrong way, not at all ideal.

I'd recommend the Ibanez replacement. Take the guitar to an authorized Ibanez dealer, they can get you the parts and typically MUCH cheaper than the prices Ibanez has listed, if not free for such a small, common part.