Erik Rutan signature Iron Bird 7 announced

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
22497775150993139676.jpg

23730349787962153295.jpg

23885581716311597593.jpg

About time, I say. I wish it had his USA's alternating inlay, but this is still cool. Not sure how I feel about current BC Rich but this is a long overdue endorsement, imo. It looks like it's a red sparkle or flake of some sort, which is killer. I love pearl/holoflake/sparkle/twinkle/any flashy term you like finishes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Very over due, he’s played BC Rich for a long time now. He seems like a great guy when he’s interviewed. Pretty sure it’s just a blood red non metallic no sparkles. This is a cool guitar. I won’t be buying one, but everyone else should.

shupe13

Reaction score
Super sexy.

I wish it was within my price range.

oracles

Reaction score
Absolutely buying one of these. This ticks all my boxes as an Ironbird guy, and a huge Rutan fan.

Amer Alameddine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What a cool looking guitar, I don't know if it's just me but it looks there's a slight sparkle in the finish, and I really like it!

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
A truly killer metal axe. Well deserved...Erik is a beast!!

Perge

Reaction score
Been salivating for a 7 ironbird after rutan put out that CC playthrough. Hope the rumored import model materializes and still checks all the boxes.

Amer Alameddine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Fuck. They called me out. Fuck that looks good. And look at that glorious neck heel.

I’m annoyed by that jack position. But if the price is right…..

What else can I complain about? Nothing really as it’s a sig.

What's a better spot for the jack? Under the top horn?

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
23885581716311597593.jpg

About time, I say. I wish it had his USA's alternating inlay, but this is still cool. Not sure how I feel about current BC Rich but this is a long overdue endorsement, imo. It looks like it's a red sparkle or flake of some sort, which is killer. I love pearl/holoflake/sparkle/twinkle/any flashy term you like finishes.
This is awesome, over due and deserved... but I'll be that guy. It looks like every angle here is wrong. The bridge and PUPs look slammed with the Floyd level. Did they just wreck the neck angle?

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Yeah the upper horn like a Flying V, just from the perspective of playing classical position.
Because people buy Ironbirds to play in the classical position. Riiiiiight. :D
That said, most flying Vs have the jack on the top of the guitar anyway. Perhaps you're thinking of RRs ?

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood gearwhore
Reaction score
No but the price is for sure gonna be above $3k. Probably ~$4 - 6k.
Maybe for the USA version. I'm betting a korean version will be 2k or so, to keep it in line with the other korean stuff. Or maybe they'll get it lower with the indo factories :shrug:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Maybe for the USA version. I'm betting a korean version will be 2k or so, to keep it in line with the other korean stuff. Or maybe they'll get it lower with the indo factories :shrug:

I think they switched all production to Indo so I imagine the Indo version will be in line with the more expensive Imports ~$1600. But the USA you're looking at 4k+