Erik Rutan signature Iron Bird 7 announced

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
BC Rich is not a bigger brand.

In terms of legacy, it clearly is.

B.C. rich guitar shapes are one of the most easily identifiable in the entire guitar world and that isn't changed by their mismanagement the last decade. Besides, they aren't primarily targeting younger players with the USA custom shop prices, they are targeting people who were around to see the BC rich glory days.

Not to mention the fact that some of the original luthiers are back like Neil Moser which definitely ups the price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr.
Reaction score
In terms of legacy, it clearly is.

B.C. rich guitar shapes are one of the most easily identifiable in the entire guitar world and that isn't changed by their mismanagement the last decade. Besides, they aren't primarily targeting younger players with the USA custom shop prices, they are targeting people who were around to see the BC rich glory days.

Not to mention the fact that some of the original luthiers are back like Neil Moser which definitely ups the price.

I dig the brand, but BC Rich has always been a niche - known mainly when guys in Aerosmith or GnR broke out something other than a Strat or a Les Paul. I love Rutan, but BC Rich and their glory days are not at some intersection with death metal. The prices that BC Rich listed are bonkers and very few (if any) are going to pony up 7 grand for a BC Rich when they can grab vintage ones cheaper.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
I love Rutan, but BC Rich and their glory days are not at some intersection with death metal. The prices that BC Rich listed are bonkers and very few (if any) are going to pony up 7 grand for a BC Rich when they can grab vintage ones cheaper.

I kind of agree but then again I think it would also be insane to buy an ESP or even a private stock PRS at that price.

I think there will be enough die hard fans to buy those guitars. I wouldn't buy one myself but I also don't think there was a pricing mistake. The market in general is batso right now.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
The prices that BC Rich listed are bonkers and very few (if any) are going to pony up 7 grand for a BC Rich when they can grab vintage ones cheaper.
Join Chondro's Snakepit FB group and prepare to change your mind :lol:. Everytime Randall posts a guitar it sells within hours, and it rarely goes below 5k these days...

I bought a CS Jackson from him three years ago, and I'm sure that very same guitar would cost me like 2k more today.

olejason

Reaction score
The Chondro group is pretty wild. So many people in there buying multiple $5k+ guitars on a whim.

olejason

Reaction score
haha Sometimes its fun to look at other hobbies to put guitar shit into perspective. I have so many friends who have dropped $20k+ on those side by side ATV things and they take them out maybe a half dozen times a year.

michael_bolton

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know quite a few ppl who are into riding dem Harleys. every time I talk to them I feel better about my guitar related spending, I mean a new pedal once a month or so, or a new instrument /amp here and there is like gas money in their order of magnitude.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Good gravy that is a proper beastie. I’m glad Erik has a sig to be released, however few will see it. Coming from a pointy guitar overlord: fuck BC Rich. Their customer service is dogshit, they lie and ignore customers, never deliver on time or at all, and a lot of their dealers are less than desirable to deal with. Chondro has been non-responsive, I guess unless you’re in that FB group. Since I don’t use FB I guess I miss out, which is still an assed up way to do business. But I guess that’s what you do when you have people shelling out coin for overpriced custom shop stuff driving the prices up. How many times have we seen this? And I know I’m not the only one complaining.

Yes the custom shop guitars are awesome, but nothing better than a Jackson in overall quality, and I’ve priced out stuff with Jackson a couple grand cheaper. Dean is equally guilty of this but not as bad. My bitterness comes from the teasing photos of the FFDP dude parading the new prophecy series and promises failed on delivery with no communication. Then they suddenly appear, sell out immediately, and again no response to when there will be more. Add to that the insanity around the Chuck Schuldiner USA, and I've had it with this brand. How many Hate Eternal and Death fans can shell out $6k+ for these? Plus imports are so infrequent and use garbage parts. I’ve had to put new tuners and nut on my Korean made Schuldiner, and the bridge is just sad.

I absolutely love the Ironbird and Stealth, and the single pickup ones without 1,000 shells worth of abalone are exactly what I’ve waited for. But this company has failed so much, over charged, under delivered, and disregarded so many customers I’ve had it. I’ll only pick up second hand BC Rich stuff going forward. It doesn’t seem to matter if we’re dealing with one man custom shops or well established brands, they are all phoning it in right now. The only consistent ones I deal with anymore are PRS, Friedman (Dave himself), Zilla, Bare Knuckle, and Seymour Duncan.

Chondro Guitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Good gravy that is a proper beastie. I’m glad Erik has a sig to be released, however few will see it. Coming from a pointy guitar overlord: fuck BC Rich. Their customer service is dogshit, they lie and ignore customers, never deliver on time or at all, and a lot of their dealers are less than desirable to deal with. Chondro has been non-responsive, I guess unless you’re in that FB group. Since I don’t use FB I guess I miss out, which is still an assed up way to do business. But I guess that’s what you do when you have people shelling out coin for overpriced custom shop stuff driving the prices up. How many times have we seen this? And I know I’m not the only one complaining.

Yes the custom shop guitars are awesome, but nothing better than a Jackson in overall quality, and I’ve priced out stuff with Jackson a couple grand cheaper. Dean is equally guilty of this but not as bad. My bitterness comes from the teasing photos of the FFDP dude parading the new prophecy series and promises failed on delivery with no communication. Then they suddenly appear, sell out immediately, and again no response to when there will be more. Add to that the insanity around the Chuck Schuldiner USA, and I've had it with this brand. How many Hate Eternal and Death fans can shell out $6k+ for these? Plus imports are so infrequent and use garbage parts. I’ve had to put new tuners and nut on my Korean made Schuldiner, and the bridge is just sad.

I absolutely love the Ironbird and Stealth, and the single pickup ones without 1,000 shells worth of abalone are exactly what I’ve waited for. But this company has failed so much, over charged, under delivered, and disregarded so many customers I’ve had it. I’ll only pick up second hand BC Rich stuff going forward. It doesn’t seem to matter if we’re dealing with one man custom shops or well established brands, they are all phoning it in right now. The only consistent ones I deal with anymore are PRS, Friedman (Dave himself), Zilla, Bare Knuckle, and Seymour Duncan.
Shit man, I am sorry that we have not responded. Me and Jon have been swamped the past 4 months. If we miss your emails, or IM messages please feel free to call us at the shop. Very very sorry.

Chondro Guitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Join Chondro's Snakepit FB group and prepare to change your mind :lol:. Everytime Randall posts a guitar it sells within hours, and it rarely goes below 5k these days...

I bought a CS Jackson from him three years ago, and I'm sure that very same guitar would cost me like 2k more today.
I know! Sometimes it gets crazy stupid in there. Blows my mind sometimes.