Erik Rutan signature Iron Bird 7 announced

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Ironbirds really don't do much for me personally, I always enjoyed the mocking bird better.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Is this MSRP, and actual retail pricing will be lower, or does it not work that way for B.C. Rich or "custom shop" things like this?

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Because people buy Ironbirds to play in the classical position. Riiiiiight. :D
That said, most flying Vs have the jack on the top of the guitar anyway. Perhaps you're thinking of RRs ?

Hey hey hey. I don’t play out. Lol. But yeah it would sit similar to an RR when seated. A few X shapes also put it under the upper wing as well now.

michael_bolton

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like Eric and have a slight sentimental attachment to BC Rich since my first "real" electric was a warlock (memory serving mt2 was purchased on that same trip to gc lol).

but 7 grand? fuck no. for me personally ofc - to each it's own.

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The new BC Riches have impressed me, they even have neck specs I actually like. Too bad all their bodies are somehow less comfortable than Gibsons.

And of course, that much for a production guitar? Even if it's fancy-schmancy custom shop stuff I think only PRS will charge that much off-the-shelf, and we're talking prices where customers are reaching for endangered species woods.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
7k isnt too insane these days for a custom shop from a bigger brand. I know ESP and Jackson's arent too far off that price.

It's a shame to see.
BCRich has not been a "bigger brand" for 30 years... if ever. ESP can sell for crazy prices because they have a quality record.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The new BC Riches have impressed me, they even have neck specs I actually like. Too bad all their bodies are somehow less comfortable than Gibsons.

And of course, that much for a production guitar? Even if it's fancy-schmancy custom shop stuff I think only PRS will charge that much off-the-shelf, and we're talking prices where customers are reaching for endangered species woods.

Most custom shops to mainstream brands have set spec models that sell in that range, be it some of the more "unique" ESP Japan signatures, Ibanez Sugi sigs like the M8M, certain Jackson USA sigs, Gibson, Fender, Caparison, Music Man, and many more have off the shelf stuff in that price range.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I’m obviously going to wait for an import because I’m not at the “drop $7k for a custom sig model” of spending lol. But it looks A-ok to me.