Ernie Ball - Match the Master Contest

• Thread starter Webmaestro
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Any of you going to give this a shot?

Match the Master | How it Works

I've been looking forward to this, and unfortunately it's launching at the worst time for me--I have 2+ full weeks in Feb where I can't even touch a guitar, much less practice or find the time to record video. ARGH.

Regardless, I've created my channel and will try like hell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I'm definitely interested, but holy crap, I've gotta read through all this stuff and figure out what I'm supposed to do.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I created a channel too. Kinda seems like a popularity contest though, in that the judges won't even watch your videos unless you're in the top point totals for the week. All it takes is chicks with big boobs to ruin this one...hahahaha!

But either way, looks like it'll be fun at least and doesn't hurt to learn some DT riffs and licks!

redstone

Reaction score
I created a channel too. Kinda seems like a popularity contest though, in that the judges won't even watch your videos unless you're in the top point totals for the week. All it takes is chicks with big boobs to ruin this one...hahahaha!

Yup, disappointing. Now I want to participate just to play his licks faster than him and challenge him to play mine, but there's no point if he doesn't watch :lol:

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
Do they want you to match his tone and electronic effects also? It seems that way to me.... unless they're just really "product placementing" the hell out of the riff demos.

I could definitely play that first riff (only one I've watched so far) but, I wouldn't want to be disqualified over something so trivial as not matching his demonstrated sound.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Do they want you to match his tone and electronic effects also? It seems that way to me.... unless they're just really "product placementing" the hell out of the riff demos.

I could definitely play that first riff (only one I've watched so far) but, I wouldn't want to be disqualified over something so trivial as not matching his demonstrated sound.

This is a marketing campaign. Ernie Ball does not care about your effects, they care about the pack of strings they might sell to your Dad's coworker who saw your Youtube video because your Dad "liked" it on Facebook.

Reaction score
I would like to make a video but I'm not eligible and only have a ....ty acoustic guitar, and also I'm not a guitar player.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
I would like to make a video but I'm not eligible and only have a ....ty acoustic guitar, and also I'm not a guitar player.

This is probably the best post I've read from 2016 so far.

But Petrucci on a pogo stick, those grand prizes are insane. Fingers crossed to see some of the SSO fam win some awesome gear :hbang:

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot. Possible lesson with the man himself? I can't pass that up.

DragonGuitar

Reaction score
I would enter but I'm also not eligible, plus I haven't been playing very long and I probably wouldn't win. If they did this again in a couple years, I would enter and have a shot.

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
This is a marketing campaign. Ernie Ball does not care about your effects, they care about the pack of strings they might sell to your Dad's coworker who saw your Youtube video because your Dad "liked" it on Facebook.

Yeah, I understand marketing. What I'm trying to do is feel out the parameters of the event. With the help of some other knowledgeable shredders. They have to have a scheme to eliminate entries, the riffs aren't that hard to execute, want to try to brainstorm an advantage for an entry. Otherwise it's not worth wasting my time. Anyone?