ESP 2018 Preview is up: lots of new 7 models

• Thread starter cardinal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Specs and pricing for the new LTDs are up on the ESP site. I’m surprised the Black Metal Viper is 25.5” scale. Cool for me! I was expecting the 27” scale.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Specs and pricing for the new LTDs are up on the ESP site. I’m surprised the Black Metal Viper is 25.5” scale. Cool for me! I was expecting the 27” scale.

ESP always labels them a baritone if they are 27”.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Heavily considering this:
xlarge.

Does anyone have experience with the SD Pegasus? I'm hoping it's not just another Djent pickup.

ESPImperium

@ESPImperium
Reaction score
Theres a couple in there i like the look of, ESP may be getting some attention from me. However, it al depends on what PRS come out with as I'm more a PRS player these days.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Heavily considering this:
xlarge.

Does anyone have experience with the SD Pegasus? I'm hoping it's not just another Djent pickup.

The Pegasus is a great pickup- tight like the Nazgul but slightly lower output and a lot less fizzy on the top end. I wouldn't say it's "djenty" at all. It's probably my favorite SD pickup these days.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Good good. I really want a seven to go through my 6505+. Is it tight enough to handle fast riffing? This will be important if I grab that 7.

Marchpip

What?
Reaction score
I'm wondering when the new stuff will be available. For some reason the SC20 feels like a limited run.

Overtone

Reaction score
The LTD multiscale has some pretty nice specs:

The new models have varying scale lengths of 27” - 25.5”. They are bolt-on designs that use a “drop top” of thick flamed maple that’s bent over a lightweight mahogany back. Both models offer a five-piece neck made of maple and exotic purple heart wood, with a Macassar ebony fingerboard that includes offset abalone dot inlays.

Top-tier components on the new M-1007MS and M-1008MS include a set of Seymour Duncan Nazgul and Sentient pickups that were custom-made for ESP with a special angled design and pole spacing optimized for the multi-scale design. A push-pull control on the tone knob allows for coil splitting, providing a wealth of flexible tones. Other components include a Hipshot multi-scale bridge and ESP locking tuners.

original.png

I think the headstock compliments the multi scale well. I'd be pretty interested in checking it out, especially with a nicer top.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So... Uh... Did all of Whitechapel ditch ESP? I know Zach did, but it looks like neither Ben's nor Alex's guitars are on the website anynore.

It sucks because Zach's guitar was unique as fuck in a good way. And Bens guitars was one of the US's few chances to get a 7 string baritone with a cock stock.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score

TheUnknownOne

Reaction score
Do we have any clue about the price ? The only thing I found for Europe is something near 1300/1400€ for those MS models

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
So... Uh... Did all of Whitechapel ditch ESP? I know Zach did, but it looks like neither Ben's nor Alex's guitars are on the website anynore.

It sucks because Zach's guitar was unique as fuck in a good way. And Bens guitars was one of the US's few chances to get a 7 string baritone with a cock stock.

I wonder if they're just all discontinued now for not selling very well (that and going to Aristedes in Zach's case). I remember only seeing like 3 NGDs combined for all of the updated Whitechapel sigs. It's kinda weird, considering their looks/specs for the price and Whitechapel's popularity. Too bad, cause the AW-7B and Householder EC are both cool fucking guitars and I wanted them :lol:

Arkon

Reaction score

I'm interested in it too. I just hate the glossy neck. Briefly tried a similar 6 string esp, and the neck was really sticky. I really liked the accessibility that the set-though offers (a combination of set-in and neck-through).

My luthier told me it would cost me quite a lot to make it permanently satin, also because you can't detach the neck to easily refinish it.

How are the esp locking tuners? Are they as good as the Gotoh they put in higher-end models?