ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LCW

Reaction score
LTD EC-1000 Deluxe in Gold Andromeda… very surprised at the build quality and playability. The color is insane how it changes! I bought it on the spot.

FE8B990B-E346-4800-986C-D6EEFBE551A8.jpeg

713DB1E6-4099-4B9B-8C69-C922E5A7612E.jpeg

880AC3A1-94C1-4F63-9719-135E14BA90AA.jpeg

61630945-5350-40F8-B4ED-02185132FA69.jpeg

4C24026A-F4EC-495E-A09F-2E7C030D0A5A.jpeg

E748D0AB-C369-4E93-ABD0-2AE65E0535E4.jpeg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marked Man

Reaction score
20210821_125525.jpg

Here's my brand spankin' new Horizon III. Love the Custom 5 at the bridge, although I've always thought the Jazz was a bit on the bright side in anything other than a Les Paul, so I may try something else there after I've had several months to try it out. Any thoughts on the ideal neck pickup? I like the EBMM Petrucci guitars and think this is a more elegant take on the basic Majesty shape, which is one reason I wanted the Horizon III for DT style music after I had been stalking IIs for so long. Biggest surprise was that it has a beefy but still very fast neck. It is substantially beefier than my ESP Eclipse II in fact. GREAT tone and this is a very high end guitar, even if ESP pointlessly refuses to allow ESP on the headstock...

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
View attachment 96954

Here's my brand spankin' new Horizon III. Love the Custom 5 at the bridge, although I've always thought the Jazz was a bit on the bright side in anything other than a Les Paul, so I may try something else there after I've had several months to try it out. Any thoughts on the ideal neck pickup? I like the EBMM Petrucci guitars and think this is a more elegant take on the basic Majesty shape, which is one reason I wanted the Horizon III for DT style music after I had been stalking IIs for so long. Biggest surprise was that it has a beefy but still very fast neck. It is substantially beefier than my ESP Eclipse II in fact. GREAT tone and this is a very high end guitar, even if ESP pointlessly refuses to allow ESP on the headstock...
the 59 neck pairs wonderfully with the custom 5. Alnico II pro/slash neck is also a good option if you want to stick with duncan.

Marked Man

Reaction score
the 59 neck pairs wonderfully with the custom 5. Alnico II pro/slash neck is also a good option if you want to stick with duncan.

Yeah, although I've already got the '59N in at least 3 other guitars. I do tend to stick with same brand pickups in one guitar, so maybe the Alnico II. Or maybe even my favorite sleeper----the Distortion Neck. The name scares too many off LOL, but it's basically like a '59N with more mids. I've gotten some of my favorite neck shred tones ever from my Jackson SL2Hs with the Distortion Neck...

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
View attachment 96954

Does it have a forearm bevel or is it arched? Looks great.

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
After previously owning a M-400 and an EC-1000, I'm back in the club:

20210821-153356.jpg

Even though this is a factory 2nd, the fit and finish is great and the Evertune came setup to be pitch-consistent in standard. I need to mess around with the springs to get to the sweet spot but it's very playable as is.

Tips for straps, though? I can't get this thing to balance properly when standing - really need to get the neck upright but I think the strap location (back of the upper horn) is simply inadequate to achieve that.

Marked Man

Reaction score
After previously owning a M-400 and an EC-1000, I'm back in the club:

Even though this is a factory 2nd, the fit and finish is great and the Evertune came setup to be pitch-consistent in standard. I need to mess around with the springs to get to the sweet spot but it's very playable as is.

Tips for straps, though? I can't get this thing to balance properly when standing - really need to get the neck upright but I think the strap location (back of the upper horn) is simply inadequate to achieve that.

In Russia, SG changes YOU!

But seriously, the stock button location isn't the most natural for a lot of people. I do change the way I hold my ESP Viper compared to any other guitar I have, and it helps to wear it higher on your body than most guitars and with a wider strap (and not too slick), as well with the headstock pointed "up" more than typical. The classic low slung Les Paul stance? That would NEVER work well with the SG body style. Try wearing it a little higher and be ready to adapt your stance. See photos of Tony Iommi for guidance.

Last edited:

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
In Russia, SG changes YOU!

But seriously, the stock button location isn't the most natural for a lot of people. I do change the way I hold my ESP Viper compared to any other guitar I have, and it helps to wear it higher on your body than most guitars and with a wider strap, as well with the headstock pointed "up" more than typical. The classic low slung Les Paul stance? That would NEVER work well with the SG body style. Try wearing it a little higher and be ready to adapt your stance. See photos of Tony Iommi for guidance.
I bought the Viper in part because no matter which Gibson SG I played the ergonomics never worked out - had everything from Iommi's signature Epiphone to a vintage '62 Reissue. I like this one better than an SG because of the bevels and having a bit shorter body, and it plays suuuper awesome when I'm sitting down. But I've tried messing with the straps I have and I just can't get it to stay higher. Maybe as you mentioned, I might need a wider strap (and perhaps sturdier) to make it work...

Marked Man

Reaction score
I bought the Viper in part because no matter which Gibson SG I played the ergonomics never worked out - had everything from Iommi's signature Epiphone to a vintage '62 Reissue. I like this one better than an SG because of the bevels and having a bit shorter body, and it plays suuuper awesome when I'm sitting down. But I've tried messing with the straps I have and I just can't get it to stay higher. Maybe as you mentioned, I might need a wider strap (and perhaps sturdier) to make it work...

My Viper 5.56 strap is both wide AND heavy! :cheers:

VUC - 1.jpg

Reaction score
Loaded or unloaded?
If loaded that's not as bad as I would have expected all the way to Japan post covid...still must hurt though to pay almost 50% extra for shipping!

This post is for xzyryabx as he at one point had the original grail Kiko CTM I was jonesing for like 10 years ago. I ended up with this team built US standard series FR-27, not sure what they call it these days. Basically they tried to make it look expensive with a veneer instead of a real cap like the CTM (amazing job contouring the veneer and hiding issues with the burst btw). Reality is they did an amazing job. This is obviously before the E-II debacle (headstock date is 2014). If somehow ESP could get back to this level of quality in the US, it would be game changing. Horizon Kiko thickness is the real deal.

Last edited:

xzyryabx

Reaction score
This post is for xzyryabx as he at one point had the original grail Kiko CTM I was jonesing for like 10 years ago. I ended up with this team built US standard series FR-27, not sure what they call it these days. Basically they tried to make it look expensive with a veneer instead of a real cap like the CTM (amazing job contouring the veneer and hiding issues with the burst btw). Reality is they did an amazing job. This is obviously before the E-II debacle (headstock date is 2014). If somehow ESP could get back to this level of quality in the US, it would be game changing. Horizon Kiko thickness is the real deal.
Dude, first of all, good memory!!
Secondly, that's so badass!!!
Truth be told, I prefer it to the Kiko looks wise for sure, even if the top isn't as nice....that inlay on the 24th fret always bugged me!
Btw, probably now is not a good time for you though, but last I heard the guy that got the Kiko after me was looking to sell it. I think I still got his number and hook you guys up (don't think he does the forum thing)....but honestly I would stick with this one if it plays as good as it looks!
@narad needs to see this one

Reaction score
Dude, first of all, good memory!!
Secondly, that's so badass!!!
Truth be told, I prefer it to the Kiko looks wise for sure, even if the top isn't as nice....that inlay on the 24th fret always bugged me!
Btw, probably now is not a good time for you though, but last I heard the guy that got the Kiko after me was looking to sell it. I think I still got his number and hook you guys up (don't think he does the forum thing)....but honestly I would stick with this one if it plays as good as it looks!
@narad needs to see this one

Hey man, loooong ass time. Not as much a good memory but I still had some ancient DMs on here between us from back in the day. I haven't been particularly active forum wise in quite some time, but was watching all those phone clips of the Megadeth Austin show from Fri and started getting the bug again after seeing Kiko was still putting up with Dave. The new bassist after the Ellefson shitshow seems pretty solid as well.

I hadn't thought much about the inlay, but agree that would probably annoy me as well. Hard to beat a blank fret board. I'm not sure I would be up for the original CTM these days unless the price is right, and I can probably guess it won't be. I seriously wonder how many of those they made, as I don't think I've seen another that wasn't an Edwards.

Anyways, the one I waited forever for is definitely a keeper
kiko.jpg

Latest posts