ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm eyeballing an E-II, never played one, not familiar with ESP...I haven't seen a lot of E-II's in here, are they not worth the price? Are they comparable to Ibby Prestige? Better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marked Man

Reaction score
I'm eyeballing an E-II, never played one, not familiar with ESP...I haven't seen a lot of E-II's in here, are they not worth the price? Are they comparable to Ibby Prestige? Better?

I'd take E-II over Prestige or especially any current non-MIJ or USA Jackson alternative. I don't believe in paying the full new price for anything if it can be avoided, and definitely not gouging or panic pricing. You can catch some killer deals on E-IIs with a little stalking. I'm currently at 3 and with more to come. 😎

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I've had a few E-IIs and think they are fantastic. An Ibanez Prestige also is great. They feel so different (neck thickness, fret size, fretboard radius) to me at least that if you play them, you'll likely have an immediate preference.

He_Ma

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Question to people about playing arrow vs snakebyte standing up. How close is the position of your arm lying at the edge of the body with these models. Most crucial thing is standing up. The reason I am asking is because I recently bought myself the MH-1000 and even after a week of plenty of playing I still can't get used to not having that big chunk of guitar body under my arm. It affects also the speed and I notice something like 5-10 bpm difference on what is comfortable between MH-1000 and Snakebyte/Phoenix. I Will try to give it more time but man needs to always think his option especially if the option is to get a New guitar, right?!

Now I would like to try something that has that big chunk of wood under my arm, 24 frets, 25,5 scale, thin U profile. Some E-II arrows could in my mind be close but I have not played those. Closest dealer is also 5-6 hour drive away from where I live so it's difficult to try these. Any other models that could fit the my description? Stream-GTs maybe? Those are just super rare to find in Finland or in Europe in General..

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Can't help explicitly, but you may need to take advantage of Thomann's return policy to try some shapes out for size.

He_Ma

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Can't help explicitly, but you may need to take advantage of Thomann's return policy to try some shapes out for size.
That's one option, but I would like to at least know that arrow is at least in the ball bark regarding the point where my arm lies on the body.

It would be also tempting to visit one of these great dealers in Finland that have plenty of E-IIs and LTDs (not just arrows) to try out, but trips like that can make GAS to all different directions!

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
First EII - pretty impressed actually.

IMG-4410.jpg

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
I actually had that same guitar when it had an ESP logo for the old standard series. Was pretty great. The color was a bit hard to photograph but it looked great in sunlight.

Yeah, it is way more pretty in person. I had better luck taking photos in my garage than I did anywhere else in my house. I was also not a fan of the EII branding, but I'm kind of over it at this point, especially when you can find them at a good price.

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Let me show you one my oldest soldiers that i own for many years.The neck is quartersawn.The Sinclair Trem is my favorite iteration of Floyd.It is smaller than a pickup ring and yet feel solid and elegant at the same time.It have built-in Trem Stopper....Meanwhile the guitar is collecting dust,because i am rockin Harley Benton...:nuts:IMG_20240130_214038_resized_20240130_095029711.jpgIMG_20240130_213906_resized_20240130_095030185.jpg

randall696

Reaction score
Got Delivery today of my new Holy Grail

ESP Eclipse I CTM FT Dark Purple Satin (DPS)

This model is kind of ESP`s take on the Refinished Purple Satin Gibson Les Paul Hetfiled had in 2004:
07july1207_pic14.jpg

For whatever reason there are not many of this Eclipse´s around and even less in FT (Full Thickness)
On my hunt for the guitar I even struggled finding pics of it online since its that rar.
It was only offered in the ESP Export Catalog 2006 (not in the Regular 2006 ESP Catalog) maybe thats another reason why there are only a handful out there.
Unbenannt3.jpg

so here it is in all its glory and absolutely Mint for being 17 years old :cool:

Unbenannt.jpg

The pre owner installed some Gibson Custombuckers PAF Alnico III (50`s reissue) Pickups but I also got the stock EMG´s with it so I might sell the Custombuckers and switch back to EMG since my pur and only Metal playing is not worth the Gibson Custom Shop Pickups xD

Unbenannt1.jpg
Unbenannt2.jpg

Last edited:

Marked Man

Reaction score
I actually had that same guitar when it had an ESP logo for the old standard series. Was pretty great. The color was a bit hard to photograph but it looked great in sunlight.

I still have mine with cursive ESP logo. One of my faves, although the beautiful blue top stubbornly resists being photographed well most of the time. 😵