Evan's Official Transcription thread

• Thread starter Evan89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jynx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Caligula's Horse - Rise Radiant is available now! One of the best prog metal bands today, imo.
View attachment 134002

Nice. I always like when they have the jam tracks. Makes me 35% more likely to buy.

Edit - Oh cool.

"Due to the complexity of CH's guitar arrangements, we have also included a version with all guitars removed - this way, you can literally replace any riff with your own playing, while still enjoying the accompaniment of the rest of the band!"

Never seen that before.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Evan89

Reaction score
If this doesn't work out, any well done tabs for them you know of?
Not that I'm aware of. I've skimmed through some of the old Cherry Lane tab books and they're not good. If I'm not mistaken, James Murphy was involved with the Low tab book, hopefully that one is decent. Good luck finding it though.

drool1419

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. I've skimmed through some of the old Cherry Lane tab books and they're not good. If I'm not mistaken, James Murphy was involved with the Low tab book, hopefully that one is decent. Good luck finding it though.
Air guitar it is, then 🙃

Unrelated, new Cannibal Corpse book gets here today! Really excited

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
I can confirm James Murphy did help with the low tab book as he wrote the forward in it. I’m lucky enough to have a copy of it. :hbang:

Jynx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I didn't get that Caligula's Horse tab in the end because I don't have a seven string guitar just yet, but it looks like the backing tracks with bass and drum only actually started with the BTBAM tab from a couple of weeks before so I bought that instead.

I'd love if they went back and offered that to some of the earlier tabs' backing tracks.

Also; would be nice if "has backing track" or something like that was an option in the filter when searching.

mastapimp

Reaction score
I didn't get that Caligula's Horse tab in the end because I don't have a seven string guitar just yet, but it looks like the backing tracks with bass and drum only actually started with the BTBAM tab from a couple of weeks before so I bought that instead.

I'd love if they went back and offered that to some of the earlier tabs' backing tracks.

Also; would be nice if "has backing track" or something like that was an option in the filter when searching.
They've been offering backings with certain artists for years. I have a few SH releases from Plini and Nick Johnston that came with backings as a "guitar bundle package". If you look under the catalogue section and go to "bundles" you can find plenty of other artists that offer jam tracks for sale (look for the "jam tracks bundle" sticker in the lower right of each offering.

Jynx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They've been offering backings with certain artists for years. I have a few SH releases from Plini and Nick Johnston that came with backings as a "guitar bundle package". If you look under the catalogue section and go to "bundles" you can find plenty of other artists that offer jam tracks for sale (look for the "jam tracks bundle" sticker in the lower right of each offering.

The other jam tracks have select guitars removed, usually lead. They've never had ones like this before with both select guitars removed and drum and bass only until the last couple.

Evan89

Reaction score
Join me this Sunday at 8PM EST as I talk with the guys in Witherfall about all things transcribing! We'll be answering questions in the chat, so feel free to ask me anything music-related. If you can't make it to the live airing, leave a comment with your questions here 👇

Jynx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dustie Waring from BTBAM shared his Quad Cortex preset today for anyone working on the transcriptions like I am.

cloud.neuraldsp.com/cloud/p/98fe488d-d618-458c-b593-62136fdbfb04

Evan89

Reaction score
The first book announcement of 2024 is a big one! Colors was the album that got me obsessed with BTBAM, and it's an honor to have done a brand new transcription of it for this book. I transcribed from the isolated guitar tracks, and then edited with Paul Waggoner once again, making it more accurate than the old tab book. All purchases of the printed book automatically enter to you win an Ibanez PWM20!
Colors.jpg

Evan89

Reaction score
Physical copies of the TEMIC - Terror Management Theory tab book are now available through Eric Gillette's website, and he's signing the first 15 copies!

Jynx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue logging on to the Sheet happens site today?

chopeth

Reaction score
I'd love you transcripted some HANNES GROSSMANN albums!

That would be awesome, Evan. Nobody got interested in him at SH?